Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The issue is a fundamental one that cannot be resolved properly.
    PvE can have premade and predictable opponents, ones that provide a gradually more difficult experience from which you can learn.
    PvP does not, since players are not predictable nor can you reliably rank by skill.

With PvP you are really thrown in at the deep end, and told to sink or swim.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel the pain of the OP. Fact is even when I PvP as a DK there is so much CC, etc that I use all of my abilities to get out of it only to be CC'ed once more. By the time you can fight back it is too late. It makes PvP simply infuriating and incredibly difficult to get into as a beginner. I find that you have to really pick your battles and as a healer make yourself nearly be invisible because if they see you then you really have no chance of survival.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puuhis View Post
    That's one of the reasons they are removing a lot of the CC in WoD
    However like Puuhis said, they are removing a lot of the CC in WoD for this very reason which should make PvP a more balanced experience in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    With PvP you are really thrown in at the deep end, and told to sink or swim.
    I'm not sure this is really about the concept of being thrown into the deep end but more about the amount of CC in PvP. Right now with the amount of CC that is in PvP it is like trying to swim with two 100 pound weights strapped to your feet. Come WoD I believe that with the removal of a lot of CC in PvP those weights will be removed and then you will be able to sink or swim on your own accord.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

BGs for me tend to be more analysing the fight and trying to determine if i can win it or not, rather than actually trying to outplay someone. There's a lot of times when x class or class composition will jump on me and I can be sure that i'm going to die, you have to make an effort not to get dragged into those fights that you can't win.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a healer, you will be many people's target. That said, it just takes getting used to. There's a lot more thought process in this than call of duty.

Deleted
    Once you get decent as a healer, you're unkillable without co-ordinated effort from the enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardblack View Post
    You're playing a video game, you expect to do well as soon as you start? Before this topic turns into another nerf CC/class/spec, just please, please, do a little bit of homework... what is with players these days just expecting everything to be accessible? You're supposed to be terrible at it when you start, you're also supposed to learn... these sort of topics just kill me every time.
    Yes, all noobs should be able to have a little fun. This is why the Noob Tube is a necessary evil in games like Call of Duty. If you're a skilled player, it's hardly as powerful, but it allows new players to get a few kills and get them to stick around.

If you're in a position where multiple people are using CC on you, you've already made your mistake and are now paying for it.

It's like running out into the open and getting shot to death by multiple people in an FPS game.

Quote Originally Posted by Disapproval Turtle View Post
    Once you get decent as a healer, you're unkillable without co-ordinated effort from the enemies.
    Shamans are one of the few healers who go oom very quickly when pressured, though. But yes, you're right. Unless people co-ordinate their stuns/interrupts, you can live for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlokyldoreifanggore View Post
    A really, REALLY easy class to get into pvp with is Warlock. Honestly, I hated pvp prior to making a warlock, and then once I started, especially while leveling up to get myself into the groove, I absolutely loved it. Granted, of course, PvP will depend a lot on the rest of your team (arena and battlegrounds), but my best recommendation is make a Horde warlock, decked out in enchanted looms, and start pvp-ing at lower levels. Doing this will ensure you survive more than 2 seconds in a bg, but it will also give you the opportunity to test out different abilities and be able to learn how to make split-second defensive and offensive reactions.
    Locks at low levels are awful, no defensive get away, no good heals, slow casting spells, pretty much a free kill. You want to have fun low level pvp, forget being a healer go hunter/rogue/warrior enjoy god mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    This is why things are changing in WoD.

Honestly I wish they'd make random battlegrounds have normalised gear. Would be a good way to gear up then for Arena or RBG's or WPvP, and also be a quick test of skill for people who already have the gear.

But from what I've gathered a lot of PvPers aren't so interested in skill and prefer to pick on weaker targets. So yeah.
    Majority of PvP players like to zerg down newbies. There is hardly ever skill involved outside of the higher brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Disapproval Turtle View Post
    Unless you're against a Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    So not only do I stand no chance against the CC, but I'm always gonna be everyone's focus becuase of my class choice? Absolutely wonderful... Thanks Blizz.
    Healers are always going to be the kill target, mix that with no or low end gear and you will be a punching bag for a bit. Do Tol Barad and WG with the victory quests and you can get several hundred honor in a few minutes. Mix that with running BGs and in a few days you wont be the punching bag you are now. Also try running with somebody it is amazing how much better pvp becomes when you have another person or group with you.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I haven't PvP'd in years and I thought I'd gather some honor points, to try it out again.
    So I throw myself into WSG as a healer and this is my impression of what PvP is like.

Silence, fear, stun, silence, stun, fear, dead.
    Fear, stun, silence, stun, interrupt, silence, dead.

And so on and so forth.
    How could I ever possible mitigate that? How could I as someone going into PvP for the first time ever enjoy something like this?

For a company that loves to make the game more accessible and easy to get into, PvP is a massive pain to perform even at a mediocre level in.

I'm a player that loves FPS games, where I can always perform in some way, which I'm often very good at, easily a top 10 player most games, even top 5. When I get into PvP, I see nothing but a huge wall of pain coming at me that I can do absolutely nothing against.
    Learn to fake cast.

Honestly I wish they'd make random battlegrounds have normalised gear. Would be a good way to gear up then for Arena or RBG's or WPvP, and also be a quick test of skill for people who already have the gear.

But from what I've gathered a lot of PvPers aren't so interested in skill and prefer to pick on weaker targets. So yeah.
    I think when they bring back skirmishes it will be even better for learning how to pvp. Rather than normalized gear for BGs
    Quote Originally Posted by Egzis View Post
    I swear, if vanilla was released right now with updated graphics, it would be the laughing stock of the decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This whole thread explains in a pretty nice manner how can Beliebers exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Shamans are one of the few healers who go oom very quickly when pressured, though. But yes, you're right. Unless people co-ordinate their stuns/interrupts, you can live for a very long time.
    lol.. shaman you can kill with an offensive dispel and a quick tabbing finger ^^.

I haven't PvP'd in years and I thought I'd gather some honor points, to try it out again.
    So I throw myself into WSG as a healer and this is my impression of what PvP is like.

Silence, fear, stun, silence, stun, fear, dead.
    Fear, stun, silence, stun, interrupt, silence, dead.

And so on and so forth.
    How could I ever possible mitigate that? How could I as someone going into PvP for the first time ever enjoy something like this?

For a company that loves to make the game more accessible and easy to get into, PvP is a massive pain to perform even at a mediocre level in.

I'm a player that loves FPS games, where I can always perform in some way, which I'm often very good at, easily a top 10 player most games, even top 5. When I get into PvP, I see nothing but a huge wall of pain coming at me that I can do absolutely nothing against.
    As you say, you're new to it, on top of having bad gear, so it's only normal that you're getting stomped to the ground.
    You meet people that can play, with better gear. If you're a good player you can somewhat deal with it, but not if you're inexperienced on top of it.

If you think it's too painfull you can get the gear from doing instances and converting justice to honor, and then go in as a newbie with gear as good as everybody else.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Rogues and Feral Druids are literally designed for that.

Deleted
    Some good advice on gearing. Review your action bars - Have you got the various totems / defensive CD's and trinket Key Bound? Check your Glypth's - Some may help you in PvP more than others. ( check out Grounding Totem / Hex ).

When playing a healer, don't be afraid to run away. Too often I see healers trying to stand their ground while getting CC'd and beaten to a pulp. If you're the center of everyone's attention then turn that into an advantage - lure enemies away from the fight (and their healers), get them to overextend and get picked off by your teammates. If you're getting beat up and your teammates aren't peeling for you, don't feel as if it's your responsibility to die just to keep them alive for 5 more seconds.

Whenever I'm playing my h.pally, I'll make it my #1 mission to not die. Period. If that means abandoning a group fight because I have a rogue and warrior sitting on my face while getting no peels, you don't even have to say a word - I'm already gone and heading off to heal elsewhere.

Even if you decide to run away from a fight you can still go back to it once your pursuers have given up on chasing you. Healers do this all the time in RBGs - the enemy team will focus one of our healers, that healer runs far away from the group, the pursuers give up, healer returns to the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aven Ballantyne View Post
    As a healer, you will be many people's target. That said, it just takes getting used to. There's a lot more thought process in this than call of duty.
    This is true and makes me sad for new players.

I'm one of those people who will do everything possible to make a healer leave the game...esp if I need honor for whatever reason- I'm going to dog you, taunt you, empty my CDs on you and when I'm not doing any of that I'm spam dispelling you. And there are thousands of 'me' out there. Coupled with the fact that if they're doing this to you than they probably know a bit of how to play- it would be a nightmare for Start ups .

Honestly just stick with it, the hotter the fire the harder the steel.