Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

WoD racials an Disc Priest early discussion

Yes,i know it´s not even beta and things can and will change but what´s your opinion on the new racials from a disc priest pov.
    I´m specifically talking about the Tauren one [Brawn] since that one seems a little op for us...

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Horde Racials
    Undead are seeing relatively few changes. Tweaks to the scaling rate of Touch of the Grave, and WotF to 3min CD (up from 2). (Source)

Blood Elves gain Arcane Acuity, a 1% crit passive. Arcane Torrent now restores 20RunicPower, or 1HoPo, or 3% Mana. (Also, Rage and Chi) (Source)

Orcs were one of the outliers we brought down. Lost the Axe Specialization, and Hardiness is 10% Stun reduction (down from 15%). (Source)
    Blood Fury is unchanged. Every Man For Himself, we're still evaluating. Itemization changes may mean no nerf needed. (Source)

Tauren's Endurance becomes +X Stamina. Brawn is a new passive which increases Crit Damage/Healing by 2%. (Source)

(Troll) Can you tell us what exactly will be changing with the Troll racial Berserking?
    Reduced to 15% Haste (down from 20%). (Source)

Will there be any changes to Worgen and Goblin racials?
    Not much. They were about at baseline. Time is Money becomes real 1% Haste, not just attack speed / cast speed. Subtle diff. (Source)
    I´m usually not the guy that changes races because of racials but it seems to interact too well with our current mechanics.
    I really don´t want to be a cow^^

(edit incoming if they´ll change something significant disc priest/racials wise)

1% crit chance from blood elf is infinitely better than 2% crit damage combining the fact that amplification got completely removed as a stat especially on the first tier where secondary stats will be quite low compared to what you have currently on last tier.

Deleted
    Brb rerolling to BE.

// How much crit would you need to have for that Tauren racial to even come close to 1% crit? 50%?
    Last edited by mmoc9303c11829; 2014-03-01 at 03:23 PM.

That's nice of them to put WotF on a 3 min cd., but EMFH is still being "Evaluated".

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's not 1% crit vs 2% crit effect.
    It's 1% crit PLUS 3% mana & silence per 2 minutes vs 2% crit effect.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    That's nice of them to put WotF on a 3 min cd., but EMFH is still being "Evaluated".
    If WotF shared full cooldown with trinket, you might have a point, but alas.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2014-03-01 at 04:35 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellash View Post
    If WotF shared full cooldown with trinket, you might have a point, but alas.
    It puts trinket on 45sec cooldown when used so..
    Hi Sephurik

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    It puts trinket on 45sec cooldown when used so..
    Did you miss the "shared full cooldown" part?
    There's a difference between 45 sec and 120.

You can almost use a Trinket every minute against Fear.

What they most likely mean about "being evaluated"; is that while EMFH frees up a trinket slot for powerful trinkets, if they balance trinket effects better - thus their mention of itemization - then EMFH will no longer feel so powerful.
    The more balanced EMFH becomes with existing itemization, the better WotF will become as well by contrast because it doesn't replace trinket.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2014-03-01 at 04:41 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deleted
    Would have stayed NE anywayse because #1 I like the look and #2 I don't care enough to change, but...

Night Elves' Quickness also increases movement speed by 2% passively. They also got a new passive which is quite unique... (Remember, no more haste breakpoints!) Touch of Elune, a new passive which grants 1% Haste at night, 1% Crit during the day.
    This seem pretty cool

1% crit chance is probably one of the better ones, personally I'm hoping Touch of the Grave comes up a bit (RPPM mechanics please!) making me really want to go back to Black's original race, UD! It's got a better proc rate, its damage is buffed by shadowform, and adds some passive healing. Plus you get WotF.

2% crit damage is a double edged sword. Its benefit is going to depend on your crit chance. In the first tier if you only have 18% crit chance, the benefit of the racial is a mere 0.36% increase. It would take a 50% crit rate for 2% crit damage to be a 1% dps increase. Meaning tauren will continue to be one of the worst horde races for shadow. (keep in mind that's plus 2% to your damage bonus, so your crits will do 202% damage, rather than 200%)

Goblins will continue to be a consistently good race as its always a flat 1% dps increase. Weaker at the start when haste pools are lower, and gains power as the raid tiers progress. Keep in mind, in MoP, it took until the 14873 haste plateau for it to surpass the 1% crit racial.

Bloodelves will be slightly stronger at the start when secondaries are lower, but generally 1% to a secondary retains its worth relatively well throughout the expansion.

I'm concerned that the Troll racial may have been nerfed too far. Since procs and cooldowns in general are being reduced, as well as having us lose snapshotting, this racial may fall far below where it was intended with a mere 15% haste for 10 seconds. Although, there may be potential with stacking PI, Berserking, and Shadowfiend, if you're into that kind of thing.

BE with the 1% crit is amazing so long as Crit is still the primary stat for Disc on WoD

Trolls will remain top Horde race for DPS - Blood Elves for healing. Nothing much changed aside from getting nerfed if you play Undead

I think what the best race is will depend on which throughput cooldowns are removed. It looks like the troll racial will be worth less than a passive 1% unless you stack it with other cooldowns, and there was a blue post recently about throughput cooldowns being removed across multiple classes and specs. If Archangel and/or Power Infusion stay in the game, troll might stay competitive. If not, it's going to be blood elf or goblin depending on the relative values of crit and haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Trolls will remain top Horde race for DPS - Blood Elves for healing. Nothing much changed aside from getting nerfed if you play Undead
    No... it wont be. with dot snapshotting no longer existing its not going to be that good anymore, especially with the nerf to 15%

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    No... it wont be. with dot snapshotting no longer existing its not going to be that good anymore, especially with the nerf to 15%
    15% haste is 15% haste, thats half a bloodlust off the GCD that can be macroed to any combination of spells. I macro it to Divine Hymn as a holy priest and to Archangel as a disc. You don't pop Berserking to get an extra renew tick.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    15% haste is 15% haste, thats half a bloodlust off the GCD that can be macroed to any combination of spells. I macro it to Divine Hymn as a holy priest and to Archangel as a disc. You don't pop Berserking to get an extra renew tick.
    Berserking lasts ten seconds and is on a three minute cooldown, so at most it can have 5.55% uptime. So the 15% haste from berserking works out to at most .83% haste. Which is less than the passive 1% bonuses. And cooldown stacking is also being reduced/removed, potentially taking archangel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
    Berserking lasts ten seconds and is on a three minute cooldown, so at most it can have 5.55% uptime. So the 15% haste from berserking works out to at most .83% haste. Which is less than the passive 1% bonuses. And cooldown stacking is also being reduced/removed, potentially taking archangel.
    I'm interested in how they remove cd stacking. If you can still hit CD x and berserking at the same time, then Troll will still be quite good for places you need all the burst you can get, even if its .17% less than a 1% racial.

However back to disc priests, its looking like Bloodelf will be master disc priest race for Horde side, if things were left as they are now. Ofcourse things are going to change, =P

edit: Its not in the first post, but I believe they posted saying that beast slaying is going to be an xp gain on slaying beasts instead of a damage buff against them. Something else to keep in mind for pve.
    Last edited by Zolvolt; 2014-03-04 at 10:57 PM.

Deleted
    Anyone know what time day ends and night starts? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Zolvolt View Post
    I'm interested in how they remove cd stacking. If you can still hit CD x and berserking at the same time, then Troll will still be quite good for places you need all the burst you can get, even if its .17% less than a 1% racial.
    Presumably they'll remove cd stacking by deleting cds. You can't stack berserking and archangel if you don't have archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    Anyone know what time day ends and night starts? xD
    Server Time, I think 6am/pm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post
    Server Time, I think 6am/pm.
    That could be cool, so long as it's consistent over a raid for me. I wouldn't want to gain / drop in power mid-raid depending on which stat is better for me. But... runspeed included with the haste might make it a better option than gnome. interesting....