Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Nope, nope and nope. With a sidedish of nope and a large steaming hot cuppa nope.
    Maybe you would like to expand... or is "nope" the extent of your objectionable explanations?

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I've got it figured out. Remove character levels and gear stats. I know, sounds crazy right? Well then, let me explain.
    It does sound crazy. So what are you trying to achieve with is idea of yours? From your examples, Naxx will always be as difficult now in MoP as it was in WoTLK. There are no gears and no levels.

So with no levelling, the purpose of questing would be to acquire wisdom to ??? What? What am I going to do with these currencies I am earning? Buy gems and enchants? So you are just swapping stats from items into Gems and enchants. GW did that in some sense.

Some people will just do raids. Do them once and be done with.

It will certainly make WoW a different game. Whether it will better or worse, I am not sure.

Sure, remove gear progression entirely.

It will only make raiding an absolute nightmare for very body who wants to do it. Having Norushen be a tight enrage after killing it 10 times is a waste, all it does is slow groups down from reaching the boss they are progressing on.

I actually laughed while reading this, thinking it was another tongue-in-cheek post.

In case its serious:
    This would remove the need, and thus motivation, to do anything in the game outside of end-game content. It would also trivialize the idea of having characters in the first place. If you can just jump in as any class at any time without having to level, then why even have classes in the first place?

Deleted
    I don't agree with removing gear stats. But removing levelling? Yes please! I can't express enough how much I feel levelling is a complete detriment to the game. It restricts what you can do and when you can do it, it makes 90% of the game entirely obsolete, even if it's a zone that you've never played. Progression could come through progressing through gear, spells, skill and story. You know, how single player games have you progress?

Now I know that such a model would be too drastic a change for WoW, but for a new MMO it would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I suppose you are asking for a different game.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-this-problem/

"We could change how the game works, and your character's progression could be rewarded in other ways, but World of Warcraft is kind of all about being an awesome hero and slaying giant dragons to take their sweet loots. "
    That's very true. And the squish has certainly been a long time coming. Escpecially considering the drastic jumps from 70 to 80 to 85 and now 90. After the squish, a lvl 70 will likely stand somewhat of a chance against a 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    seems like it makes wow really boring really quick with no gear progression. for a game like wow to work there has to be some kind of leveling and gear stats or else its just a different game all together, neat idea i suppose but not for wow. everyones a arm chair dev
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Perhaps a new MMORPG could do this, but World of Warcraft is far too set in stone for such a dramatic change.

Deleted
    Removal of levels is awesome idea and I loved it always. Gear stats is maybe too much, but levels could easily be removed.

Leveling quests could be turned into "storyline quest chains" or simply some kind of zone repuptation farm / zone unlocking / zone conquering / dailies

That way you could start playing with friends anytime you want, even if you just started. "No levels" is the future of MMOs, you will see, just not in WOW probably.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, no. I would quit so fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is a game mostly focused on personal progression and whatnot. Having everything scale off of basic stuff gets rid of the necessity of gear, also leveling up feels rewarding towards the end.

Essentially: What you're suggesting removes half of the value from the game.

TL;DR that essentially removes the RPG part of MMORPG.

I would like to jump into PvE without having to collect every PvE piece (like in Dota or LoL). But it won't happen.

Deleted
    You clearly must be a bit retarded, if you think removing lvl and gear in a RPG game..maybe time to stop drinking or stop smoking weed will clear your head, why not add one-shoot kill, while you are at it, and see how much fun a RPG game it will be, the game will die in 1 week..

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-03-03 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Easy. Character progression.

The ENTIRE game is based on character progression. No levels = No progression through expansions. No stats on gear = No progression through patches. No progression = No longevity to the game.

Sandboxes don't last. MMOs are meant to last. The two are the complete opposite of one another. A Sandbox MMO is doomed to fail.
    A sandbox mmo with no "progression" you mean. Everquest Next is sandboxy but looks amazing so a sandbox mmo could work I think. But some kind of progression needs to happen to keep people interested
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiDragon91 View Post
    You clearly must be a bit retarded
    Maybe you could find a way to discuss the idea on its merit without an insult.

On Topic: I was just thinking outside the box.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or you know, you could just go play another game that already has these systems in place and stop trying to make people agree with you in turning WoW into a piece of shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Or you know, you could just go play another game that already has these systems in place and stop trying to make people agree with you in turning WoW into a piece of shit?
    Been there, done that. It's kinda what gave me the idea.

these are not the warcrafts you are looking for
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Don't you realize that leveling is the primary and most fundamental way of character progression? There is a reason we have yet to have an expansion that excludes leveling.

One of the characteristics of MMOs is that they have grindy features. Leveling is the most basic of them and contrary to what people seem to forget, endgame is NOT why MMOs are successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Don't you realize that leveling is the primary and most fundamental way of character progression? There is a reason we have yet to have an expansion that excludes leveling.

One of the characteristics of MMOs is that they have grindy features. Leveling is the most basic of them and contrary to what people seem to forget, endgame is NOT why MMOs are successful.
    I don't think leveling is the reason why mmos are successful either. I'm pretty sure you could do completely without provided there was some other incentive, one that wasn't wiped away every time new content came along.