Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    You can easily clear the entire instance on heroic in 3 hours or less if you have half decent raiders. It's really not that hard.
    I wouldn't take much notice of this guy, he also posted in a thread his progression consisted of one-shotting every single heroic boss and wiping ~5 times on the last couple of bosses before killing them; despite everyone pointing out this would pretty much guarantee his guild the best in the world, he found it unnecessary to link logs or any proof whatsoever.

OT: It takes us about three - four hours from starting to clear the raid, with our biggest time wasted being swapping people in and out on each boss, but as others have said the biggest speed killer would be wiping on a boss (or re-discussing tactics which you shouldn't need to if you raid with the same group.)
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-03 at 09:48 AM.

We made it past malkorok in a 3 hour raid this week. That's our best ever and included 2 personnel swops. I've little doubt we could improve on that but its not our aim to run through at breakneck pace.

Do your guilds not swap 3+ people every single fight, have multiple lesser geared alts, and have 2+ 13/14 buyers? Must be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Splerks View Post
    Do your guilds not swap 3+ people every single fight, have multiple lesser geared alts, and have 2+ 13/14 buyers? Must be nice.
    I'd rather be 14/14h and have those "problems" than be 7/14h. But then I'm too lazy to get into a better guild, so ... yeah.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

We clear through Nazgrim in 3 hours (and stay late to kill Malkorok sometimes since we like having 2 full days to progress on Siegecrafter before cleaning up Spoils/Thok heroic).

We have yet to make a clean 8/14H run with no wipes though (despite having killed everything through Thok more than 5 times) due to constant recruiting, people switching roles to accommodate new recruits (we have new people tanking Shamans since they need the boss for their main specs and the old tanks don't). We also have just terrible internet all around for some reason, with our disc, holy pal, hunter, warlock, and spriest all randomly dcing at least once or twice a week… Last week we had a 1% wipe on sha after our hpal dced at 96% and we tried to solo heal it instead of wiping it and waiting for her.

On our really days we get to Malkorok but our raid leader expects to get to Thok with a decent run.

Deleted
    My experience (my guild is around 100th EU) is Raid starts on 21.00, ends on 0.00-0.15 when we kill blackfuse. We then kill Paragon and Garrosh on Thursday, if we're lucky we clear it in 30mins-1 hour, if we have new ppl or we sux @ garrosh we can spend the whole night

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    My guild is pretty efficient, one shots all of these farm bosses and does it all very quickly, has many ranking players, and in a 3 hour window gets to spoils or thok depending on whether or not we start on time.
    I'm willing to bet one of a few things.

1. You don't really 1 shot everything.
    2. You spend long unnecessary amounts of time discussing loot drops.
    3. You take longs breaks at some point or another.
    4. You spend alot of time swapping players in between kills.
    5. You spend too much time lollygagging on trash.

Not that these are all horrible things but to say clearing in under 3 hours is impossible is false. Especially if you don't waste time.

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    I'm willing to bet one of a few things.

1. You don't really 1 shot everything.
    2. You spend long unnecessary amounts of time discussing loot drops.
    3. You take longs breaks at some point or another.
    4. You spend alot of time swapping players in between kills.
    5. You spend too much time lollygagging on trash.

Not that these are all horrible things but to say clearing in under 3 hours is impossible is false. Especially if you don't waste time.
    We get it you're the GOD of raiding, and probably multi rank 1. We should all bow to your greatness.

Deleted
    Our best was clearing to Siegecrafter in 2.5 hours. And then we proceeded to wipe to a boss that we'd already killed before for the rest of the week...

Quote Originally Posted by Garrod View Post
    Our best was clearing to Siegecrafter in 2.5 hours. And then we proceeded to wipe to a boss that we'd already killed before for the rest of the week...
    Whenever you're wiping to Siegecrafter, think of my guild that wiped multiple times on Immerseus at the start of the week before finally getting our first h Shamans kill last night ... after having started on them and not getting them until what was going to be the last pull of the night regardless. Should perk you right back up :P
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Unless you are trialing new players, etc. you should be able to clear the place in 3 hours.

We're used to running very quick since we only raid 10 hours per night. In 3 hours we get to Paragons usually, or at least Siegecrafter. We don't always have every player needed on the first night, depending on who was rotated in so that's a huge factor as well. We go very quickly and do loot very fast, and that's a huge time waster right there.

Deleted
    We do 12/14hc in 4 hours with about 30mins of breaks in there. Then ppl are getting sleepy (we raid pretty late) and cba with Klaxxi anymore for the night.

10+ Year Old Account
    We waste a ton of time while we're raiding to all of the regular reasons, best we've done in a single raid night was a 9/14H farm, spoils and thok farmed within 40 minutes or so the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Demez View Post
    Unless you are trialing new players, etc. you should be able to clear the place in 3 hours.
    Perhaps for the very best guilds, that isn't even remotely a realistic aim for even decent guilds it would require absolute perfect run 0 wipes period loot goes out nearly instantaneously and no loli gagging and everyone actually doing well on trash. Which with the big 3 at the end still being wipers and the occasional brain fart moments, I'd say Thok to siege is a very solid aim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    Would LOVE to see proof of this in any way whatsoever. My guild is pretty efficient, one shots all of these farm bosses and does it all very quickly, has many ranking players, and in a 3 hour window gets to spoils or thok depending on whether or not we start on time.

Alternately I subbed in on a top 10 guild run and they made it to malk in 3 hours. Finishing the whole instance 14/14H in under 3 hours would be deserving of a feat of strength, 3.5-4 hours is more likely. To clear in under 3 a guild would have to be really trying.

- - - Updated - - -

So 2 wipes cost you between 30 and 50 minutes? Those must have been REALLY disheartening wipes .....
    Well we swapped up the group on Siegecrafter so that took a good bit of time because of people and we had some a few d/cs right after the Garrosh wipe. So yes. They were pretty disheartening!
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    How far should you technically get in a 3 hour window on heroic mode? like where do most guilds find themselves? We can only see to get to Nazgrim after 3 hours. Wanna start getting to Spoils, any tips to speed it up?
    That's about how far we clean in 3 hours- through Nazgrim, but not to Malkorok. What we do is alternate farm/progression weeks, so we just save the previous week's lockout and spend one full raid week doing progression only- so, say, H Spoils- and then the following week we full clear all of our farm heroic modes. Rinse and repeat.

That's what works for us, and we're a little more casual, so... it's an idea.

we are usually at klaxxi at 10pm (we start at 7pm)

Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    We're used to running very quick since we only raid 10 hours per night.
    Typo o no-life-o?