Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    What we're going to have new gnomes show up in alternate timeline dreanor? How would gnome lore even fit in Wod?
    movie magic?

-titans were on Draenor for a bit, so they could have left some toys.
    -gnomes could have developed time travel some time in our future and went into draenors past, stranding themselves there and surviving beneath the surface losing all knowledge of their past and turning feral.
    -mechagnomes could have been based off of a race that already existed
    -draenor could be a distant future of Azeroth, or the opposite.

My money is on the time gnomes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Gnome need hunters. It fits the lore, and explains why every NPC gnome runs around shooting guns and players can't.
    Gnomes cant be hunters, they make too tempting of a tasty snack for their pets.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    What we're going to have new gnomes show up in alternate timeline dreanor? How would gnome lore even fit in Wod?
    You could have some gnomes come in with the Alliance expeditionary force. They'd be good for finding flaws and weak points in Iron Horde weaponry, and devising tactics to counter it. Then you'd have a character or characters who could demonstrate gnomish ingenuity and usefulness in a savage land, develop name recognition and exhibit badassery and character development which could potentially lead to new classes if one or two gnomes have a Nobundo-like epiphany and come back to teach their kin the ways of a hunter or a shaman or a paladin or a druid.

It could be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I am actually serious. Also, Gnomes are not a joke race... they are the ORIGINAL race. They suffered a Curse of Flesh changing them from Mecha-Gnomes into the meaty men and women we have today. The Titans made the Gnomes to help maintain things. Trolls came MUCH later. Please, know your lore before spouting dribble
    This is incorrect Gnomes might have been a Titan creation, but Trolls actually predate the arrival of the Titans.

What races were on Azeroth before the coming of the titans?
    Besides the elementals, the only known sentient races on Azeroth when the titans' forces arrived to subdue the Old Gods were the trolls, the race known as "faceless ones," and the aqir. Due to the Old Gods' war against the titans, as well as the extensive terraforming that followed the war's conclusion, records of what races existed before even the Old Gods' arrival have likely been lost forever.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721372142

OT

Gnomes need more lore, but Druids would make no sense they have no special connection to nature whatsoever, Paladins could work but they really need to reclaim gnomeregan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Gnomes cant be hunters, they make too tempting of a tasty snack for their pets.
    Same could be said of goblins, yet most horde neglect that idea. Easy to spot the horde players in a Gnome thread.

I agree. I think most Gnome lore has been lost along the way. We had such promise in Wrath with the mechagnome history. We even had a great chance once more to completely recapture Gnomeregan and rebuild the city, leaving the instance deep in the bowels. But, Blizz failed to really deliver on either part. Now, it is our chance to make something more of wasted lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Same could be said of goblins, yet most horde neglect that idea. Easy to spot the horde players in a Gnome thread.
    Pets don't eat goblin hunters cause, in some messed up way, they are actually cool. As for the gnomes, well, if even animals think they need to be put out of their misery, it's perhaps time to take a hint.

As for the lore? No one really cares about gnomes but gnomes who like to make too much noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    As for the lore? No one really cares about gnomes but gnomes who like to make too much noise.
    Wrong. If gnomes were insignificant, they would not have been a bulk of the Ulduar/Storm Peaks in Wrath. They also got their own spots in Borean Tundra, and Blade's Edge. Let's not also forget all the tech they bring into certain BGs like Strands, Wintergrasp, and a handful of others. Cataclysm was the big shining moment when we began the retaking of Gnomeregan, and slowly begin to retake the city.

It's one thing to disagree with an idea based on its merit. It is quite another to insult someone's favorite race simply because you take personal issue with them. So, knowing how much gnomes seem to bother you, you must really be fuming about the amazing new racial talents they are getting in WoD. The 5% increase that used to apply only to mana, now applies to all resources, including Runic power. Looks like Gnome Blood DKs, like mine, will be getting more face-time in raids once WoD hits.

Not sure what your issue is with the smaller race, but would not be shocked to discover it is some sort of Napoleon complex irl.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Tinker View Post
    Wrong. If gnomes were insignificant, they would not have been a bulk of the Ulduar/Storm Peaks in Wrath. They also got their own spots in Borean Tundra, and Blade's Edge. Let's not also forget all the tech they bring into certain BGs like Strands, Wintergrasp, and a handful of others. Cataclysm was the big shining moment when we began the retaking of Gnomeregan, and slowly begin to retake the city.

It's one thing to disagree with an idea based on its merit. It is quite another to insult someone's favorite race simply because you take personal issue with them. So, knowing how much gnomes seem to bother you, you must really be fuming about the amazing new racial talents they are getting in WoD. The 5% increase that used to apply only to mana, now applies to all resources, including Runic power. Looks like Gnome Blood DKs, like mine, will be getting more face-time in raids once WoD hits.

Not sure what your issue is with the smaller race, but would not be shocked to discover it is some sort of Napoleon complex irl.
    Oh yes, It's got to be something real life related. I don't even dislike gnomes in general, in fact I can't think of any game that has gnomes (like EQ) and I find them as appalling as the WoW gnome and it's mostly because of the people who play them, or rather the loud people who like to fling about that "gnome pride" slogan as if it actually meant something more than a bunch of pixels on a screen. So no, it's not a real life complex, it's just a general dislike towards the people who seem to be favoring this race... loud and self-entitled people... and middle aged Japanese men.

loud and self-entitled people... and middle aged Japanese men.
    Why bother with the gnome surrogate complaint then if you have a more accurate description?

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Why bother with the gnome surrogate complaint then if you have a more accurate description?
    By default association, i guess.

Oh yes, It's got to be something real life related. I don't even dislike gnomes in general, in fact I can't think of any game that has gnomes (like EQ) and I find them as appalling as the WoW gnome and it's mostly because of the people who play them, or rather the loud people who like to fling about that "gnome pride" slogan as if it actually meant something more than a bunch of pixels on a screen. So no, it's not a real life complex, it's just a general dislike towards the people who seem to be favoring this race... loud and self-entitled people... and middle aged Japanese men.
    This at least is a more focused answer. Gnome fans are the most loyal to their race and their characters. If other fans actually had the same sort of sentiment about their favorite race, they too might be heard more. The reason you hear more about Gnomes is because they are the most underdeveloped race in the game. Each time we think we are getting some love and a key part in the show, it becomes a let down. If gnomes ever got access to all the classes, or even all but one, like the trolls, you would likely hear nothing from us.

My greatest hope is, after the conclusion of WoD, the next expansion is Tech based, introduces a Tinker class, and gives Gnomes and Goblins center stage for an expansion. The closest we came to anything was the Battle for Gnomeregan, and even that was half assed.

This at least is a more focused answer. Gnome fans are the most loyal to their race and their characters. If other fans actually had the same sort of sentiment about their favorite race, they too might be heard more. The reason you hear more about Gnomes is because they are the most underdeveloped race in the game. Each time we think we are getting some love and a key part in the show, it becomes a let down. If gnomes ever got access to all the classes, or even all but one, like the trolls, you would likely hear nothing from us.

My greatest hope is, after the conclusion of WoD, the next expansion is Tech based, introduces a Tinker class, and gives Gnomes and Goblins center stage for an expansion. The closest we came to anything was the Battle for Gnomeregan, and even that was half assed.
    If everyone would be so obsessive about something that shouldn't mean this much to a sane person then I guess we'd have total chaos, considering you can't please two different parties of self-entitled people since giving them roughly the same thing accomplishes nothing as they always think they deserve more than the other guy. So thank God not everyone is into their characters at this level.

And honestly, I don't think even WoW would be able to get away with a Gnome expansion.

And honestly, I don't think even WoW would be able to get away with a Gnome expansion.
    Would not have to be a Gnome expac. Could be a tech expansion that just happens to give Gnomes more facetime. WoD is about to give Draenei facetime, again. Maybe the following expansion will finally be a bit more gnome-centric.

Deleted
    Gnome druids = Race war with Night elves.

I wouldn't say that the gnome fan base is the most passionate, but they seem that way because gnomes have the largest hate base to contrast with. "Gnomes are jokes," "gnomes are unimportant," "nobody cares about gnomes," and so forth. Next to that, anybody even noncommittal about them stands out like a sore thumb. Plus, it takes a lot of work to stay passionate about something in the face of that sort of heat. I don't blame gnome fans for getting defensive about liking the race.

I don't even play Alliance and I think gnomes have got a bum rap. It would be nice to see some more story featuring them. Maybe they'd finally start to shed some of the stigma they've picked up over the years. Maybe the hate base would start to shrink a bit as people slowly come to realize that gnomes can be badass too. And I would love to see an expansion that showcases Warcraft tech, as it's my favorite part of the setting but rarely takes center stage. But that's just one tauren druid's opinion.

Another superman thread where he ignores everyone who disagrees and then says he's getting no negative feedback. And then later calls it a "thought experiment" because he was "bored and wanted to make a splash"

Gnome lore is simple. The old gods decided they wanted to invent football. Hence they created gnomes to be used as footballs. gnome punting was born.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    I wouldn't say that the gnome fan base is the most passionate, but they seem that way because gnomes have the largest hate base to contrast with. "Gnomes are jokes," "gnomes are unimportant," "nobody cares about gnomes," and so forth. Next to that, anybody even noncommittal about them stands out like a sore thumb. Plus, it takes a lot of work to stay passionate about something in the face of that sort of heat. I don't blame gnome fans for getting defensive about liking the race.

I don't even play Alliance and I think gnomes have got a bum rap. It would be nice to see some more story featuring them. Maybe they'd finally start to shed some of the stigma they've picked up over the years. Maybe the hate base would start to shrink a bit as people slowly come to realize that gnomes can be badass too. And I would love to see an expansion that showcases Warcraft tech, as it's my favorite part of the setting but rarely takes center stage. But that's just one tauren druid's opinion.
    Once WoD launches, and people get to see the benefits of the new Gnome racials, I am guessing there may be a shift in things.

Gnome

Expansive Mind now increases maximum Mana, Energy, Rage, and Runic Power by 5% instead of only increasing maximum Mana.

Escape Artist’s cooldown has been reduced to 1 minute (down from 1.5 minutes).

Shortblade Specialization (was 1% Expertise with one-handed swords and daggers) has been replaced with Nimble Fingers.

Nimble Fingers is a new racial passive ability that increases Haste by 1%.
    This means a gnome rogue not only gets more energy, and faster energy recovery, but the trinket has been reduced by 50%. Also, my Blood DK now gets 5% more runic power, and an increased rune regeneration. Hello tanking advantage.

I don't take Gnome hate seriously. These people obviously have some real life issues fueling it. That's their issue, not mine. My goal is to stay focused on Gnomes as a great race, and see that they are eventually given the attention and respect they deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support Gnome Hunters.