10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balazzar View Post
    Played Sorcerer this time to level 9, and DragonKnight to level 6. I am aware that DragonKnight is the viable tanking class now but it just... sucked. I assume tanking is just a diff beast here. Mostly you morph an ability to get a taunt or something.

Sorcerer was fun but thus far my "life drain" spec Nightblade was the most fun.

I have heard archery is OP too, but I have never tried it. Is archery credited by my fellow travelers on MMOC?
    Only played will level 7. Was an Nightblade Archer with Syphon. Was quite easy. Died a few times, mostly due to dealing with the movement controls. But really, I could take on several enemies at a time without much issue.

I just can't get over the movement controls. W.S.A.D, but no Q or E. Yeah, keyboard turners are shunned, but I always used a combination of QWEASD + Mouse. Gave me excellent control. Taking away the Q & E keys and replacing it with a mouse which is locked to your turning really doesn't gel with the way I play games.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Balazzar View Post
    Okay I was doing "draconic power" to tank, which one is best for tanking? Or I am thinking of this too much like WoW and should be doing hybrid of all trees?

I love tanking in MMOs but I am weary to do it when I don't "get it" or how it works. I dislike wiping groups cause I fail lol.

Draconic Power is indeed more "tanky", as it provide increase armor/healing received/spell resist/health regen passive, as well as Armor buff ability and a Recover health ability - Green Dragon Blood, the morphed version of Blood Dragon, is amazing. You can also reflect spell... so yeah, it provide more tanking utility stuff. You can always go on esohead.com and play with the skill calculator.. read the abilities/morph and think of a good way to use your 5 abilities slots to its full potential. Keep in mind at 15 you get swap weapon, I know I play my tank with both set being 1hand and shield, so I can have 10 abilities and 2 ultimate related to tanking.

Tanking in ESO is definitly different than in WoW, you cant try to pull 10 mobs, drop Consecration and hit Hammer of the Righteous and have them all beating on you.. you'll find yourself on the floor quite quickly. You can tank few ennemies, often you'll get the strongest one/two, and the group focus down others. There is a lot of snare/slow/stun/disable abilities for all class, and it play a big role in this game, as well as synergy.

Deleted
    I kinda wonder, now that there is 'probably' no beta weekend (my assumption) this weekend would that mean we might get some new teso news? Like some new endgame information (they still haven't explained the concept of VR fully I think nor have they said much about adventure zones)

So... is anyone planning on making a crafting-only character? If so, what class are you choosing for it and why?
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    I believe he got that because of a bug on the PTS. You can get 200 something skill points not 600.
    200 seems excessive given that you can only spend two or three points in a skill. You sure you don't mean skill levels (which you gain by just using a skill)?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    So... is anyone planning on making a crafting-only character? If so, what class are you choosing for it and why?
    I wanted, but its gonna be hard. You'll need those skill points still to get the crafting passives, and for that you need to go out there and level/find skyshard/do quests. And for that, you need some kind of abilities.

I think I'll try to figure 1 caracter that I'll level and use a minimum of skills, try to find like a 20-25 skills points max build that will let me kill stuff and level up, while keeping the majority of my skills point for the crafting profession.

The mats I can farm with my main, as any caracter can gather anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    Not sure if this has already been posted but:

Emperor PvP in Cyrodiil

Can you tell if someone is an Emperor, would their title show up as Emperor? That guy just dominated.

Deleted
    I will probably have 3 characters with 2 crafting proffesions each that should work.

And if I can get the right way of doing my skills then I might go for 2 characters with 3 each aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    I wanted, but its gonna be hard. You'll need those skill points still to get the crafting passives, and for that you need to go out there and level/find skyshard/do quests. And for that, you need some kind of abilities.

I think I'll try to figure 1 caracter that I'll level and use a minimum of skills, try to find like a 20-25 skills points max build that will let me kill stuff and level up, while keeping the majority of my skills point for the crafting profession.
    Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out the best way to go about it. The other alternative is figuring out what the fastest class/method of leveling is, get to 50 ASAP, respec into the crafting disciplines, and then go after skyshards at leisure.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    200 seems excessive given that you can only spend two or three points in a skill. You sure you don't mean skill levels (which you gain by just using a skill)?
    Pretty sure it was skill points, he said 200+ skill points. You can get 100 skill points by getting all the sky shards alone. (300 sky shards - 3 sky shards per skill point = 100 skill points)

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out the best way to go about it. The other alternative is figuring out what the fastest class/method of leveling is, get to 50 ASAP, respec into the crafting disciplines, and then go after skyshards at leisure.
    The respect is a good point, I havent even tought about it. I maxed all the crafting on esohead calculator, it takes 137 skill points. The reason I wanted to level 1 crafting toon, is that I could send (Edit: by send I meant, put in my bank.. i know we cant mail to our other toons ^^) all my racial tomes to this toon.. and they work for all the 3 (Blacksmith, Clothing, Woodworking)

I'm thinking Templar with a Bow for fast leveling.

Seems like some new info on Adventure Zones. It will let you take the veteran ranks past level 10 and they talk about the size (2/3 of the size of a regular zone).

http://youtu.be/JKU91Tzxm5w?t=4m22s

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it was skill points, he said 200+ skill points. You can get 100 skill points by getting all the sky shards alone. (300 sky shards - 3 sky shards per skill point = 100 skill points)
    But isn't it one point per level? Level cap is not 100 far as I know...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Seems like some new info on Adventure Zones. It will let you take the veteran ranks past level 10 and they talk about the size (2/3 of the size of a regular zone).

http://youtu.be/JKU91Tzxm5w?t=4m22s
    Linked that earlier, sounds quite shit and I hope it's made of his assumptions and not of 'real information'.

Lot of skill points you get from skyshards (3 = 1 skill points), also some of the quests give skill points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post

The mats I can farm with my main, as any caracter can gather anything.
    Not that hard. For the level of difficulty to achieve 25 skill points, you only need a CC + Instant + AoE + optional DoT/heal. The most efficient classes that give all those in the fewest skills are Nightblade with first two skills from Siphoning and Sorc with first skill from Dark Magic and Storm Calling, two class skills total. Add in the cheapest aoe from Two Hander's Cleave. That's a total of 3 skill points for all your levelling needs. You don't even need an Ultimate.

If you want to make it easier, as long as you keep up with your weapon every two levels and armor every 4 levels, you will be able to do any form of questing, including soloing the quest elites. The passives to the armor make a difference, but they are not necessary in early questing. In fact, none of the passives are necessary at all, for the same reason.

In ESO, since there is no skill cooldowns, it is not a matter of how many skills you have, but type of skill and whether it achieves what you need it to do. From that point on its just spamming it or using it as needed.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2014-03-04 at 06:42 PM.

All of this is rough estimate if anyone has exact info they can correct me.

100 from sky shards.
    49 from levels.
    22 from instance dungeons/veteran dungeons.

Then there is ones from PvP ranks which I also believe is 50. And then quests also give you skill points.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of this is rough estimate if anyone has exact info they can correct me.

100 from sky shards.
    49 from levels.
    22 from instance dungeons/veteran dungeons.

Then there is ones from PvP ranks which I also believe is 50. And then quests also give you skill points.
    I assumed the ones from PvP ranks could only be spent on the PvP skills. Didn't get a chance to play around with them yet.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    I will probably have 3 characters with 2 crafting proffesions each that should work.

And if I can get the right way of doing my skills then I might go for 2 characters with 3 each aswell.
    You could have all the professions on one character, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by kalamona View Post
    You could have all the professions on one character, you know?
    Well if you max out all professions, that caracter has to be a profession one, not your main. Cause you'll lack skill points to build a solid well rounded main (for pvp, pve, different situations, etc.)