Thread: Melee in MoP

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    it was a sad expansion. Challenge modes as a rogue, ya i think that sums it up.
    Yeah they better do something about it. Things like suds, bombs in gotss, add cleave and that whirly thing adds did in msp where either ignored or simplified as range. The only time a melee had an advantage was dk in SM.

I don't even get the point of different armor types for dps anymore.

Anyone besides me changing to a ranged main in WoD?
    Aren't they nerfing ranged in WoD? Cast times and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing Fury Warrior since vanilla and while its still my main, I have to admit that I have WAY more fun on my Frost Mage this expansion, largely due to melee-unfriendly encounters/mechanics in general

Deleted
    Siegecrafter HC as a Warrior, I spent 90% of the time in Defensive Stance for my first kill. Fuck. That.

Welcome to World of Warcraft :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard gave melee the same 90-95% AoE reduction that is given to ranged class pets, now, there you might have something.

Me and some friends are trying to do cmodes just for golds not best times. Prot war, two ret (one me), frost Mage, and resto druid. Every time we run them we laugh at how awful we as ret are in the dungeons. We're struggling on stormstout brewery right now. Can't root first trash pack or melee gets 1 shot so mage can't shatter. First boss: go chase barrels, stop dps. Second boss: furlwind, stop dps. Trash leading up to last boss: run in and out constantly due to massive puddles dropped under mobs. There is quite literally nothing in that instance that ranged has to avoid that melds does not. Every cmode we have done would have been so much easier with three ranged. It's not even remotely balanced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Careful, you'll have to actually learn the mechanics of each boss rather than the standard "stand still and tunnel for 6 minutes" that melee currently do.
    hehe an ele shaman slating people for their class choice

Also, trying to find a good rbg group as a melee that isn't a rogue or dk has proven nearly impossible for me since the middle of cata. I've pretty much given up hope on that one. The final season of cata my honor gearedMage and ele shaman could bring so much more utility and damage than my fully geared ret it's not even funny. I like playing my paladin a lot, but if I'm setting up comps for competitive content, I wouldn't bring me when I could bring a lock, Mage, hunter, or any ranged really.

Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    Me and some friends are trying to do cmodes just for golds not best times. Prot war, two ret (one me), frost Mage, and resto druid. Every time we run them we laugh at how awful we as ret are in the dungeons. We're struggling on stormstout brewery right now. Can't root first trash pack or melee gets 1 shot so mage can't shatter. First boss: go chase barrels, stop dps. Second boss: furlwind, stop dps. Trash leading up to last boss: run in and out constantly due to massive puddles dropped under mobs. There is quite literally nothing in that instance that ranged has to avoid that melds does not. Every cmode we have done would have been so much easier with three ranged. It's not even remotely balanced.
    Not denying ranged have it a lot easier but the furlwind does trivial damage, use any form of healing/defensive and just soak it (less than 20% per hit from my experience), also barrels do more damage than just dpsing on the trash before the first boss and don't get agro, so the ret paladins can do that and the mage just aoe his heart out. Should make it easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Not denying ranged have it a lot easier but the furlwind does trivial damage, use any form of healing/defensive and just soak it (less than 20% per hit from my experience), also barrels do more damage than just dpsing on the trash before the first boss and don't get agro, so the ret paladins can do that and the mage just aoe his heart out. Should make it easier.
    We would soak it but our druid has mana issues at that point usually. Yeah we try to focus on barrels at that point but they come out pretty slowly and we've had to reset too many times in many instances from melee dying to our Mage snare that we've had to tell him not to use it in any kiting situation. The point is, blizzard does a poor job at balancing content to be equivalent difficulty for ranged and melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    While most where harder as melee ssb was the only one that really made me want to be ranged. When I eventually did cm's on my mage(with hunter, shammy, dk, druid) it was stupid easy. They better do something for WoD cm's.......but I highly doubt it.

One more thing is your healer using restorative amber? It pretty much removes any form of mana issues in CM's
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    melee have been in a terrible spot this entire expansion. It's not even worth recruiting them for high end raiding most of the time unless they have a viable tank set.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    hehe an ele shaman slating people for their class choice
    Definitely an original, descriptive, well-informed and solid counter-debate. Will bookmark this post should people theorize the diversities between classes and need a subtle, yet insightful opinion of the variety offered by class choice.

All in all; a 10/10 read, would definitely read again.

Just realised I'm doing it wrong.

HAH seys the warior!

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    melee have been in a terrible spot this entire expansion. It's not even worth recruiting them for high end raiding most of the time unless they have a viable tank set.
    Rogues, and Ferals will find themselves a spot in any raid team. Windwalkers on AoE. Warriors on Garrosh HC.

Rets kinda suck, but they could get brought along if you don't have a holy/prot paladin giving DA?

Forgot about Death Knights & Enhance LOL! Well they just suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    If Blizzard gave melee the same 90-95% AoE reduction that is given to ranged class pets, now, there you might have something.
    Seems completely balanced, can't see any reason Blizzard wouldn't implement this and clearly wouldn't lead to any sort of abuse.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-06 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    While most where harder as melee ssb was the only one that really made me want to be ranged. When I eventually did cm's on my mage(with hunter, shammy, dk, druid) it was stupid easy. They better do something for WoD cm's.......but I highly doubt it.
    Melee has at a disadvantage in most situations for as long as I can remember in WoW. It does seem, however, that MoP dungeon/raid design has exacerbated the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    One more thing is your healer using restorative amber? It pretty much removes any form of mana issues in CM's
    He is. When we do them today I'll ask what is chewing through his mana so we can potentially fix it to get better uptime on the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Yeah they better do something about it. Things like suds, bombs in gotss, add cleave and that whirly thing adds did in msp where either ignored or simplified as range. The only time a melee had an advantage was dk in SM.

I don't even get the point of different armor types for dps anymore.

How about pre-nerf Cloak quest before the tears nerf? 370k+ dps, no problem.. LOL I still have the screen of doing that after 20+ tries at 513ilvl, was total BS! Felt so bad for the rogues standing there.

Who at Bliz tested that?
    Last edited by thatmikeguy; 2014-03-06 at 08:14 PM.

Deleted
    Rerolling a warlock + Blood DK
    instead of my Frost DK

This is the only expansion where I felt unwanted as a dps cause I'm a melee.

Deleted
    As long as warriors don't have 15 charges/interrupts then i will be sticking to my shadow priest.

If they do keep all their mobility aswell as damage, then i will probably sink to their level and reroll a warrior.

Also it's my understanding that during an expansion, melee have the upper hand early on while casters pull ahead during later tiers, but who knows maybe WoD will change this with the squish.
    Last edited by mmoc8e0b60d5b6; 2014-03-06 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylom View Post
    Rerolling a warlock + Blood DK
    instead of my Frost DK

This is the only expansion where I felt unwanted as a dps cause I'm a melee.
    Yeah, many of us are rerolling ranged (myself in ESO). I can't believe they went this far with the moving and casting. It's just broken atm.