View Poll Results: Which class would you like to see as the next class in WoW?

Voters
582. This poll is closed
  • Demon Hunter

218 37.46%
  • Tinker

157 26.98%
  • Bard

92 15.81%
  • Necromancer/Acolyte/Necrolyte

71 12.20%
  • Archmage/Battlemage

52 8.93%
  • Blademaster/Gladiator

29 4.98%
  • Dragonsworn

77 13.23%
  • Ranger/Sentinel/Scout/Dark ranger

80 13.75%
  • Spellbreaker

63 10.82%
  • Spiritwalker

17 2.92%
  • Technomage

22 3.78%
  • Templar

27 4.64%
  • Titanborn

57 9.79%
  • Warden

52 8.93%
  • Witch Doctor

41 7.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Unlike DH, Tinker's never gonna make it into wow.

Voted Ranger and Spellbreaker because I want to see them as one class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Unlike DH, Tinker's never gonna make it into wow.
    Yes, because we all know that Blizzard would be just fine introducing a class called Demon Hunter into a game that has a Hunter class in it already.

Maybe the class after the DH will be called the Dark Warrior just so that another established WoW class can fill substandard to a hero class.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ideal class to me would make use of stealth, ranged bow combat, and a mix of necromantic spells. So Dark Ranger all the way.

We need to balance the classes that use mail armor IMO. Something that could use it such as a spellbreaker? tinkerer? most of the options above are variations of classes we already have... Templar = Paladin etc... Poll needs less choices or more variety.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yes, because we all know that Blizzard would be just fine introducing a class called Demon Hunter into a game that has a Hunter class in it already.

Maybe the class after the DH will be called the Dark Warrior just so that another established WoW class can fill substandard to a hero class.
    "Dark Warrior" already exists more or less in the form of the Death Knight.

Bard is probably the last of the great iconic RPG classes not to be represented, so that is something. Demon Hunter has the best lore hook overall, overlap or no overlap. A lot of the other classes that get proposed are just... way too esoteric, IMO. Too high concept.

I may be in the minority, but in absence of them building a buff/support role to break up the trinity, I would like to see them add a fifth pure DPS class. We have five hybrid classes that tank, five hybrid classes that heal, inclusive of three that can do both. There are four put damage classes; make a fifth. Maybe two ranged and a melee spec. Grab bag -- something that can ranged cast, ranged physical, melee cast or physical, whatever is your fancy. That could be shoehorned into whatever lore template you like, or armor class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was merely relaying an informed statement for the less informed among us who actually believe half of those options have any chance of appearing.

Relax Superman. Everything will be okay.
    The chance of their appearance, again, irrelevant. This is a poll about PERSONAL OPINION and what that individual would like to see. This is not a "What is the most likely class to be added (insert paragraphs of personal opinion and game data here)" thread. Your "input" has no bearing on their personal opinion. They do not need your help to decide what they like. Do not disrupt this topic again.

On Topic: The thread is based on personal preference, not actual speculation of future expansions.

I chose Tinker, to me others do seem like variations of other classes (looking at you dark ranger/blademaster/archmage) while some are specialized classes (witch doctor are shaman/priests), and i'm just not interested in the Demon Hunter, the technology in WoW is evolving more each expansion, let our characters embrace it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BigpapaBeef View Post
    We need to balance the classes that use mail armor IMO. Something that could use it such as a spellbreaker? tinkerer? most of the options above are variations of classes we already have... Templar = Paladin etc... Poll needs less choices or more variety.
    I pretty much pulled from the WoW Class Ideas Wiki.

The only thing that could make me remotely care about tinker is if it meant having Sabdancer back (archaic DPS monster from "Rift").

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aven Ballantyne View Post
    "Dark Warrior" already exists more or less in the form of the Death Knight.
    Yet they're called Death Knights, not Dark Warriors.

Care to come up with another name for Demon Hunters that won't piss people off?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Vampire Slayers?
    Sure, I could see that Would just get more Buffy and Angel names on realms

Yet they're called Death Knights, not Dark Warriors.

Care to come up with another name for Demon Hunters that won't piss people off?
    Legion Breaker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Legion Breaker.
    What happens when you're not fighting the Legion?

I was merely relaying an informed statement for the less informed among us who actually believe half of those options have any chance of appearing.

Relax Superman. Everything will be okay.
    Since you lobby for the Tinker, then your statement is not an "informed" one, unless you have personal word from a developer that it is a class they are working on bringing in. By the way, you really want to watch who you refer to as the "uninformed"... people who don't agree with you aren't ignorant, they just have a different opinion. It's insulting as hell to call me uninformed because I can logic out that Tinker is not going to be a class we see anytime soon when you can't.

I will agree with you on one thing though... a vast majority of these options are just minor variations of classes that already exist. The only ones that would be able to stand on their own are Demon Hunter, Tinker, Bard (will never happen, unfortunately), maybe Necromancer, and depending on what it entails, the Dragonsworn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Since you lobby for the Tinker, then your statement is not an "informed" one, unless you have personal word from a developer that it is a class they are working on bringing in. By the way, you really want to watch who you refer to as the "uninformed"... people who don't agree with you aren't ignorant, they just have a different opinion. It's insulting as hell to call me uninformed because I can logic out that Tinker is not going to be a class we see anytime soon when you can't.
    I never said that choosing the Tinker would be an informed opinion. I was merely pointing out the options that have zero chance of ever appearing in the game.

I will agree with you on one thing though... a vast majority of these options are just minor variations of classes that already exist. The only ones that would be able to stand on their own are Demon Hunter, Tinker, Bard (will never happen, unfortunately), maybe Necromancer, and depending on what it entails, the Dragonsworn.
    You can mark Necromancer off the list. Death Knights cover their design space completely.

I want a runemaster class, but that's not on the poll. There's not even an other section on the poll.

Do you guys really think there will be another race/class in the expansion after WoD? This thread got me to thinking about my decision to use my free lvl 90 on a monk. I am not that fond of playing the monk class, and was thinking about just saving the free lvl 90 until the next xpac comes out.