Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    The wording is a little odd for Flaming Shots, is it an additional 80% damage as fire damage or does it nerf the damage by 20% and make it fire damage (ignoring armor)?

Quote Originally Posted by Letheanlol View Post
    The wording is a little odd for Flaming Shots, is it an additional 80% damage as fire damage or does it nerf the damage by 20% and make it fire damage (ignoring armor)?
    It's not entirely clear. But either way it doesn't really matter, they'll tune the numbers to be something balanced against the other talents. What matters is that (barring continued changes of course) one of our level 100 talents will be an increase in auto-shot damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranged View Post
    It certainly does not. Blizzard have said they don't want any mandatory glyphs, especially not ones that are pure dps increases.
    They also said they want interesting talents, yet they put two boring passives in the 100 tier. Obviously the beta isn't even out, or hell, even announced yet, but yeah, still they have that as the 100 talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    They also said they want interesting talents, yet they put two boring passives in the 100 tier. Obviously the beta isn't even out, or hell, even announced yet, but yeah, still they have that as the 100 talents.
    I dunno I always wanted to shoot fire arrows at one point on my hunter.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by BioEvidence View Post
    When he looks in the spellbook, aspects (exept cheatah and pack), scatter shot, serpent sting and focus fire are missing.
    Focus Fire is on his bars when he specs BM.......so no, it's not missing, sadly it's still there. Sigh.

Something interesting with Focusing Shot is that it no longer mentions refreshing Steady Focus and Serpent Sting like Snipe did, meaning those mechanics could very well be gone. If so, that's definitely a step in the right direction. Steady Focus was very clunky to maintain when you got to higher gear levels or during Haste effects, especially when juggling it in the Aimed Shot cycle, while Serpent Sting was just boring passive damage.

Focusing Shot just definitely returns too much Focus. You'll have to use it when completely empty or you'll Focus cap. 60 was a much better number.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Something interesting with Focusing Shot is that it no longer mentions refreshing Steady Focus and Serpent Sting like Snipe did, meaning those mechanics could very well be gone. If so, that's definitely a step in the right direction. Steady Focus was very clunky to maintain when you got to higher gear levels or during Haste effects, especially when juggling it in the Aimed Shot cycle, while Serpent Sting was just boring passive damage.

Focusing Shot just definitely returns too much Focus. You'll have to use it when completely empty or you'll Focus cap. 60 was a much better number.
    he was bm speced its possible its still there. the tooltips were spec dependent. its possible bm doesnt get serpent sting anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Quirin View Post
    I hope to god they either add in the talent so you don't have to use your pet or it's a MM/Surv passive.
    WTF is with hunters that don't want a pet that's the best part of being a hunter. I hate the idea of having to play MM without a pet the option should never have even been thought of cause all it is going to do is lead to more whining and crying like what happened to warlocks when they added the Dark Apothesis glyph

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Stampede has to be the single worst long CD ability in game. Pressing it is as exciting as writing up a spreadsheet, the original version of it where you could micro-manage your pets and get some decent combos off was great. But god forbid we get something halfway interesting, the noobs cry a'plenty.

I really hope they address the button bloat problem but not at the expense of useful spells, or fun spells (looking at you eyes of the beast).

think they've already said that the button bloat is related to spells you'd use in your rotation/during fights so instead of pressing 20 different buttons (5-6 of them 1 time use during a fight dps boosters) you'd only have 10 buttons you'd use during a fight. thematic/kinda fun/wacky spells probably will be left alone

Which would you prefer: you have 30 focus when you cast focusing shot, and it caps you at 100, or it brings you to 90?

You're not 'wasting' 5 focus, you're gaining 10 extra. If you focus cap, then you focus cap, you're still better off with 75 than 60. It can't possibly return "too much" focus because there's no such thing, more is always better. It makes it more difficult to make perfect use of it, but that's a very different thing from it being too much.
    Last edited by Thursley; 2014-03-06 at 08:59 PM.

All I want is for them to change MM's mastery I dislike what it now and I think changing MM's mastery to armor penetration would be sweet. Something like the more mastery you have the larger % of armor you ignore. I kinda miss armor penetration and how it was so awesome for part of Wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    All I want is for them to change MM's mastery I dislike what it now and I think changing MM's mastery to armor penetration would be sweet. Something like the more mastery you have the larger % of armor you ignore. I kinda miss armor penetration and how it was so awesome for part of Wrath
    Gonna agree with this, that was my absolute favorite time to play MM. World PvP was pretty hilarious too, 2 shotting plate wearers in midair while using an Engineer parachute...ahhh how I miss you ArP.

Anyone else noticed his pet bar has an icon which is basicly Lynx Rush icon?

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Anyone else noticed his pet bar has an icon which is basicly Lynx Rush icon?
    He was using a cat pet. The icon for Lynx Rush and the Mastery buff provided by cats are the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    WTF is with hunters that don't want a pet that's the best part of being a hunter. I hate the idea of having to play MM without a pet the option should never have even been thought of cause all it is going to do is lead to more whining and crying like what happened to warlocks when they added the Dark Apothesis glyph
    Stop assuming that hunter equals guy with pet. I also love using a pet, but can totally see why so many people would rather play without one either for gameplay or stylistic reasons. I seriously hope the dps difference won't be large thus pushing most players away from the WOWY talent.

Keep in mind that if Paladins are at the "pre-Alpha" stage, as one Blizz developer put it, then Hunters are sure as hell in the same stage of development as well. Expect these talents to change, not once, but several times as we get closer to release. I wouldn't put too much thought into it until we could at least try them out for ourselves during the Beta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    Keep in mind that if Paladins are at the "pre-Alpha" stage, as one Blizz developer put it, then Hunters are sure as hell in the same stage of development as well. Expect these talents to change, not once, but several times as we get closer to release. I wouldn't put too much thought into it until we could at least try them out for ourselves during the Beta.
    We have a winner folks. This. Oh so much. These talents were in a build that was "several builds old" - These have likely changed already, & then there's the 'different specs see differing talents' angle.

Stay calm, my fellow Hunters, stay calm. Wait & see.

Quote Originally Posted by Thursley View Post
    Which would you prefer: you have 30 focus when you cast focusing shot, and it caps you at 100, or it brings you to 90?

You're not 'wasting' 5 focus, you're gaining 10 extra. If you focus cap, then you focus cap, you're still better off with 75 than 60. It can't possibly return "too much" focus because there's no such thing, more is always better. It makes it more difficult to make perfect use of it, but that's a very different thing from it being too much.
    Except due to passive Focus generation, you have a lot go to waste. If you use Focusing Shots without being near completely empty, you end up capped and have excess passive Focus going to waste by the time you dump the next skill.

We have a baseline passive Focus generation of 4 per second which is higher with Haste. With a 2.5 second cast, slightly reduced by Haste to say 2, that's 8 Focus you regenerated back. So Snipe in total would yield ~83 Focus at the end of the cast's completion, maybe an extra Focus if you have a lot of Haste gear. This means you have to be sub 17 Focus in order to not waste any Focus.

The 60 Focus regen model would have worked much better as it gives you more room to work in the effect. I can foresee a bit of effective dead time in the cycle with Snipe at 75 where you don't have enough Focus to keep dumping shots but using Snipe would clip your signature cooldown as it has a fairly lengthy cast time on it.

Example: You have 30 Focus with 2 seconds left until your Chimera comes back up. Using Snipe would waste Focus you and clip your Chimera but doing nothing is also a bad thing. Not disastrous or anything but still.

It really raises questions about our shot system to begin with where we're hard gated by both cooldowns and a resource which work against each other and restrict our shot cycles, especially at lower gear levels.

edit: It's similar to the issue Marks faces in the current tier where if Focus capping is inevitably part of the cycle, then why does the system exist that way to begin with as it goes against the intended design?
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-03-06 at 11:06 PM.

Focusing shot should give us 25 focus and then 50 focus over 5 seconds or something. Not all as one big lump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stampede as a talent is fine given it's one of the cases we have with ability bloat. It's a boring, bland, and relatively unimpactful DPS cooldown unless you're a Beast Master.
    Sorry but i gotta ask do you even play hunter.

If I pop stampede. in those seconds its up it increases my dps big time, And i am survival.
    Granted I am not a good hunter but even i can see how much dps it does. is it boring. i would not say so. its a ability that spawns our arsenal of pets.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...30&end=2438608
    As you can see here it averages around 200k dps while its up. i would not say that is unimpactful dps cooldown.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Sorry but i gotta ask do you even play hunter.

If I pop stampede. in those seconds its up it increases my dps big time, And i am survival.
    Granted I am not a good hunter but even i can see how much dps it does. is it boring. i would not say so. its a ability that spawns our arsenal of pets.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...30&end=2438608
    As you can see here it averages around 200k dps while its up. i would not say that is unimpactful dps cooldown.
    And you pop it once every few minutes as a fire and forget that you barely even see due to visual clutter in melee, it requires zero interactivity, while it also doesn't fit the themes they're trying to reinforce for the other two specs. It's boring in the sense that you don't do anything differently. Stampede available? Press it for more damage. Damage that you don't even see until you check the logs later and nothing changes. At least damage enhancers and Haste enhancers have a noticeable immediate impact on your numbers and gameplay.

Sure, unimpactful may not have been the right word. But Stampede on a fucking Marksman who's supposed to be a military sharpshooter? Or Survival which is about animal venom and IEDs? It's a cooldown that felt out of place and led to more homogenization between our specs. Putting it as a talent leaves it on the table but makes it an option and not a core skill you have to use.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-03-07 at 01:10 AM.