Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    There is a serious imbalance in gear between censers and gearing up players. If I kill an enemy faction player while leveling or out in the world, that's the end of it. I don't "farm" them for honor.
    Nothing is stopping other, geared level 90s from running around the timeless isle while NOT under the effects of the censer. (Hell, I see a lot of them, actually.) Hell, there's nothing stopping you from just farming up timeless isle items on a geared main and just mailing them to a scrubby alt.

Which is irrelevant anyway, as a level 90 could just gank level 89s and lower anywhere else on pandaria anyway. The only difference is that they're "saved" in the rest of MoP by massive faction imbalances.

Also, you ARE aware there's a 10-minute debuff you get on you after being killed by someone with a censer that prevents you from granting a person a coin if you're killed again, right? So they'd have no reason to "farm" you unless they're jerks, which, of course, they could have already been doing if they were on the opposite faction.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-03-07 at 09:38 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    Censer of Eternal Agony summarized: Heroic PvE-geared people killing newly dinged 90s for some pet and mount.
    As I have said many times before, no old soldier ever told anyone about seeking fair fights with his enemies.

Killing the adversary, whoever that might be, is as much as possible about killing someone who can't see you and who is defenseless against your attacks. That is all that anyone who has ever waged war has ever wanted, and all that anyone who has ever waged war will ever want.

People looking for a "fair fight" should use the duel button on their reputable, and hopefully undergeared, friends.

Seriously, I'm not trying to troll anyone, killing someone when you have the advantage is all what killing, as opposed to being killed, is all about.

There is a serious imbalance in gear between censers and gearing up players. If I kill an enemy faction player while leveling or out in the world, that's the end of it. I don't "farm" them for honor.
    Welcome to world PvP it is supposed to be dangerous, not to mention you can put on 4 extremely powerful buffs to make yourself able to survive and even kill the other person. People ask for more danger when questing and when blizzard puts this danger in the Timeless isle everyone cries about it and uses 'but they were mah frands' excuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    People ask for more danger when questing and when blizzard puts this danger in the Timeless isle everyone cries about it and uses 'but they were mah frands' excuse.
    It would have been easy to fix the faction imbalance on the Timeless Isle with cross-realm tech... but nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    It would have been easy to fix the faction imbalance on the Timeless Isle with cross-realm tech... but nope.
    This is different how? They can whisper you and thats about it, adding cross-realm tech with it would have added more red people which would have done... what? Oh yeah put just as many overgeared people who can now get all the Timeless buffs and essentially single handedly one shot a raid group. Now you can whisper and tell your murder what you think of him or become friends that is essentially the only difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. The highest-population PvP servers are VERY full and almost exclusively either all Alliance or all Horde. Smashing them together would have created mass lag, ridiculous queue times, and might have even crashed servers.

And, like I said, there's no difference between one person ganking you versus another. You either fight back or die. Hopefully it's served to remind people what rolling on a PvP server actually entials.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

This is a great tool for sociopaths who feed themselves on other people's misery and frustration.
    Hopefully it will go away forever.
    Let these "people" get their fill in battlegrounds/arenas....or perhaps it isn't that fun when they meet prepared resistance?
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    This is a great tool for sociopaths who feed themselves on other people's misery and frustration.
    Let these "people" get their fill in battlegrounds/arenas....or perhaps it isn't that fun when they meet prepared resistance?
    PvP is PvP.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    This isn't a situation of a "level 6 versus a level 90." This is level 90 versus level 90. Just like battlegrounds, and just like world PvP on balanced PvP servers.
    Did you look recently at the discussions around item squish you would understand that being at level 90 means nothing. A fresh or entry level 90 may as well be a level 6 because they can be killed with 1 or two shots. Do people in WG stand at the graveyard being farmed or do they just quit the BG? There is no fun for any player if they are being farmed. That for me is the biggest problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    There is plenty of resistance on the isle if the people are willing to put up any 4 extremely powerful buffs that you can gain and 1 of 4 practically legendary buffs. This isn't a sociopath's item and people that say that are generally those that are getting farmed on the isle because they can't quite handle a little thing called world pvp.

People like to replace any sort of argument or discussion with 'derp it's PvP' or 'red is dead' or 'roll PvE realm'. Rather than considering that there may be circumstances that may possibly be at fault on PvP servers.

- - - Updated - - -

There is plenty of resistance on the isle if the people are willing to put up any 4 extremely powerful buffs that you can gain and 1 of 4 practically legendary buffs. This isn't a sociopath's item and people that say that are generally those that are getting farmed on the isle because they can't quite handle a little thing called world pvp.
    I'm guessing you play on a low population realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    Censer of Eternal Agony summarized: Heroic PvE-geared people killing newly dinged 90s for some pet and mount.
    And a sadistic pleasure of wielding great power over other weak players.
    Mother pus bucket!

Did you look recently at the discussions around item squish you would understand that being at level 90 means nothing. A fresh or entry level 90 may as well be a level 6 because they can be killed with 1 or two shots. Do people in WG stand at the graveyard being farmed or do they just quit the BG? There is no fun for any player if they are being farmed. That for me is the biggest problem.
    Blizzard thought of this and put all the Timeless buffs around the island you people seem to 'conveniently' forget that. How you choose to use them is your problem run or fight, but if you don't want world pvp go to a pve server.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is different how? They can whisper you and thats about it, adding cross-realm tech with it would have added more red people which would have done... what?
    If we go war in real life and we're positioned on spot X to defend the area. I go and shoot almost all my friends there instead of enemy, will they praise me as a hero or declare me as a traitor?

In World of Warcraft, you are still recognized as a hero of the Alliance/Horde after the events. Zero penalties after murdering your fellow soldiers of the Alliance/Horde, if we ignore the angry whispers.

Vol'jin says: Dis be what da Horde come to? Killin' its own? We can't let dis happen.

When I used the censer, I killed people that didn't have the debuff. Honestly, I think people who kill people of their own faction even though they have the debuff are idiots. However, when I did it, there were lots of mad people who were getting upset over nothing. I killed them and then just went away, not like I was camping them or anything.

Honestly I think it would have been better if blizzard never implemented it. The game didn't really need it after all. It was just an obligation to many people to get the mount, pet, etc. and it was a pain for everyone else. Made a bunch of people made, and made people even more hated among their own faction. A nifty experiment, but I don't think it was an overall positive addition to the game.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any new 90 pretty much has to go there if they want to gear up so yes, you are forced. It's one of the reasons why I quit again after trying MoP out for a couple of months.
    No, they are not, Forced means you have no other way of doing something, You do, You just choose to go there because it is much quicker.

Even so, i don't care lol, PvP realms means PvP, So if you get killed by Steve playing his Horde, or Steve playing his Alliance, what does it matter^^

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    People like to replace any sort of argument or discussion with 'derp it's PvP' or 'red is dead' or 'roll PvE realm'. Rather than considering that there may be circumstances that may possibly be at fault on PvP servers.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guessing you play on a low population realm.
    Stormreaver-US ranked in the top 10 pve servers with nearly 26,000 characters so plenty of geared people to fight and even on my alts I get by just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nothing is stopping other, geared level 90s from running around the timeless isle while NOT under the effects of the censer. (Hell, I see a lot of them, actually.) Hell, there's nothing stopping you from just farming up timeless isle items on a geared main and just mailing them to a scrubby alt.

Which is irrelevant anyway, as a level 90 could just gank level 89s and lower anywhere else on pandaria anyway. The only difference is that they're "saved" in the rest of MoP by massive faction imbalances.

Also, you ARE aware there's a 10-minute debuff you get on you after being killed by someone with a censer that prevents you from granting a person a coin if you're killed again, right? So they'd have no reason to "farm" you unless they're jerks, which, of course, they could have already been doing if they were on the opposite faction.
    10 min debuff means jack. And, I was trying the game out again so I didn't have a geared anything.

If we go war in real life and we're positioned on spot X to defend the area. I go and shoot almost all my friends there instead of enemy, will they praise me as a hero or declare me as a traitor?

In World of Warcraft, you are still recognized as a hero of the Alliance/Horde after the events. Zero penalties after murdering your fellow soldiers of the Alliance/Horde, if we ignore the angry whispers.

Vol'jin says: Dis be what da Horde come to? Killin' its own? We can't let dis happen.
    And when we are supposed to be finding peace with the Alliance we go into small rooms and slaughter each other? If you want to make it lore its easily to tell pvp to go fuck itself, it is a game mechanic not a storyline based on slaughtering your friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    After item squish, i.e, in 6.0, the timeless isle will largely be old hat anyway. It'll be even more pointless come WoD.

And of course you could have been farmed by someone of the opposite faction who was "a bajillion ilevels higher than you" on the timeless isle anyway.

Still not seeing any difference beyond one built off of complacency from having a server imbalance.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.