Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Their logic isnt fucked up. It is blizzard's logic that is fucked up.

Remove something simply because not everyone gets to experience it, Why still keep HC mode then? cos its challenging and its progression from normal raiding where as racing to level 100 really isnt progressing the way ppl like it
    Remove something simply because people cheat to get it. Why not punish the cheaters instead? you know blizz have always cared more about money just look at PVP filled with bots and look at the rbg ladders atm 1 warlock 5 rogues top for eu all same W/L ratio
    Remove it because its just easier? Why? Is blizz too good to try harder for us?

Realm First achievements are one of last few things remaining in the game that underline other people's individuality over the rest. That's something that should be valued in a MMO. If all of us are here only to experience content and diss each other off on how our experiences dont affect one another then why WoW didnt changed to a single player game at this point? really i thought insane in the membrane is one of those to cos i dnt see many people with that title on my server, theres prolly more people with realm firsts cos its ineveitable that someone would have them where as the insane title is not listed under rep and is also a feat of strength there are FOS better than realm firsts insane is one and getting max rank in classic pvp is another
    quoted this for my own reasons

big ass move blizz.. more and more bad infos came for this expansion.. where are the good ones?

Lets also remove rank 1 glads only a small percentage of players see that! No need for the title or the mount anymore. Oh and HC raiding achivements and mounts. Lets take away everything unique in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by druvirus View Post
    It isn't a bad argument. You're just an exception, .. not the rule. The way you level, it seems, is all about the numbers .. not the content. You find which quests give the most XP, which routes allow for quicker succession of said quests, and which allow more choice of questing experience. In that sense, all you're doing is looking at your XP bar and counting how fast it rises with how fast you can run.

But not going for realm first? You are allowed to play as you see fit. You don't have to randomly go through quest zones. You don't have to skip random quests. You don't have to miss the story. That is entirely up to you. Without a realm first achievement you are still completely in control of both your body and mind. If you want to go through beta to try to find the most successful route? Guess what. You can still do that! And you can even read the quest dialogue instead of skipping to the, "Kill 10 Spore Bats" and then counting how much XP doing so gave you.

Me? I tried the entire speed leveling thing. Don't enjoy it. I miss out on so much just being able to go through at my own pace. I knock out lower quest zones, move on up to higher, and I go through each line. I don't have to worry about going JUST from the starter zone and worrying about which branch I'll go to next. I can do BOTH before heading to the next tier up. Because I'm not racing.

The entire way you choose to play is still your choice. Achievement or not, you can play however you like.
    If I woudnt enjoy it I woudnt do it, simple. While everyone has different reasons to enjoy a game, nobody in this world plays games he doesnt enjoy. The achievement was an incentive for me to check out the whole story and enjoy the whole story. I knew more about the story then anyone who just logs in at expansion release and starts randomly lvling to max lvl (like >90% of the players do). Without this incentive in the form of an achievement to check out the whole content I will have to re-evaluate if I believe its fun enough. And I believe the answer will be negative. I will still take some days off from work to level to max, farm dungeons and be fully prepared for the first raid but I wont spend hours on the beta checking out every single quest out there.

oh, my tweet made it to MMO champ front page
    /gasp

i still hope we'll see an "appear offline" option at some point in the future ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    quoted this for my own reasons
    Was your reason to make it look like I'm arguing with my own post?

Deleted
    Removing realm first achievements seems like a harsh call. Some people put a lot of work into it which also deserve some credit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    What's with the lack of wod info >.< We are in march and not even an announcement of a beta let alone the beta itself
    There's plenty of news and tidsbits coming all the time, you just don't know where to look.

http://www.wowhead.com/bluetweets

Hone in on the developers and the directors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    Removing realm first achievements seems like a harsh call. Some people put a lot of work into it which also deserve some credit.
    They can still get credit. Im sure sites such as wowprogress or any other similar site will be able to keep track of that. And MMO C will no doubt highlight it, if not on the frontpage then atleast on the forums.

I picked up realm first fishing on my server in Mop just because I thought it would be a fun little race before I dive into the new content. A priest on horde side actually got max level at the exact same time and we both ended up getting the achievement. Being on a smaller server and knowing all the guilds meant that it was an entire community event, with people from both factions cheering eachother on, and it was a ton of fun. But honestly, it's not like people aren't still going to race to 100 and gear up. If realm firsts pulled your server together, it'll still be the same but without the achievement to show.

Deleted
    Don't be an achievement kiddy, you can still rush as much as you want. There were no achievements in vanilla or tbc and those firsts are the most valued.

This kind of achievement just doesn't fit well in to a world with xp bonus as racial or max level heirlooms.

So much butthurt about them removing realm first leveling and professions. While I am sure the reason Blizzard did so was to hopefully encourage people to take their damn time getting to max level, I am positively certain it won't deter people racing to max level and then whining because "there's nothing to do /rageface".

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Did you even read my post?

You DONT see the full story when you level to 100. There are way more quests/zones/dungeons available as you need to get to level 100. You do 70% of the quests in one zone, do a random dungeon, do 50% of the quests in the other, skip a zone, do another one for 90%. Nobody who levels to 100 sees the whole story unless you continue questing for a very long time after you hit level 100.

Is it preferable to have people see content ONCE, while also skipping half of this content because they outllvled it over someone seeing the FULL content, multiple times because he enjoys figuring out a way to get realm first.

I really cant believe you guys cant see the fun into playing beta to see all the content and prepare for release, then taking some time off to have a LAN party with multiple friends, going to the shop together to buy tasty food and snacks, sleeping a few hours before the release, and then level to 100 as fast as you can with your friends to enjoy all the max level content together before going back to work again. The WoTLK, Cataclysm and MoP release all were memorable experiences and for sure more memorable then most friday/saturday-evenings going to the cinema/drinking a few beers with friends.

The fact you cant understand how the above is extremely fun is your loss I guess. I really wonder why you're wasting your life posting messages like that in this forum tbh, rather sad.
    Course I read your whole post. I'm saying 'I don't care about the content so it's good I have a reason to be forced to sit through it' makes no sense whatever way you cut it and is not a valid argument for World Firsts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

They really need to stop whining about that. If a GM wants to grind some mobs and has a few guildies willing to let him tag them and nuke them down for him that is NOT exploitative behavior. Even though they stripped world first from him like idiots and had to go back and give it back to him and apologize. Yet they're still crying about it. Get over it. You get an achievement for getting a haircut but a fun realm race they freak out over. Btw, realm first isn't "content", not surprised they have any idea what that word means when they think adding 4 difficulties is "content".

One of my favorite parts of the new expac is racing my guildies to max level. I know I won't get a realm first since I'm on a high pop but seeing peoples names pop up in yellow over and over and people in trade/general gratzing them was always awesome to see. Getting tired of seeing all the stuff they're REMOVING from Wod and not a lot that they're adding.

Deleted
    So... the ''appear offline'' option probably coming never? That's a big downer for me... And a reason to not get WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    Indeed, considering they sell level skip and profession skips on the shop now.
    You only skip older content that's not the same as skipping new content that you have never done before.

I think this just comes down to a customer service issue. Realm first stuff creates a lot of extra tickets, which are already high the first week of an expansion. The following things I KNOW happened during MoP

1. A ton of people ticketed because of the grey ´node´ issue caused by the +10 spade/pick. I read of two different people who ´reported´ other players for exploiting because they got world-first mining/herbing while still in Jade Forest.

2. Guilds reported for exploiting - I read this one a few different places also. Guilds would track down someone who was in the lead and kill quest mobs around that player to prevent them from leveling up, while their guildmate quested somewhere else

3. All the nonsense with the elite turtles. Again.. a ton of tickets sent in because people who were losing the race considered it an exploit.

When the devs talk about the amount of work it takes to create ´content´ for 1-3 people per spec/realm. The work they are talking about is not the devs adding achievements.. the work is the work answering all the tickets that the race generates. Players are really stupid, and will send tickets for every little thing when something is as competitive as world-firsts.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Maybe I just never noticed for lack of caring, but I thought world/server first [class/professions] were removed since cata? Can anyone claiming to have gotten said achieves provide a link to them?
    They were there in MoP, people got notified in the chatbox when one was obtained and I don't think you even had to be in the same zone to see it, but I don't know any names in particular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geish View Post
    Don't be an achievement kiddy, you can still rush as much as you want. There were no achievements in vanilla or tbc and those firsts are the most valued.

This kind of achievement just doesn't fit well in to a world with xp bonus as racial or max level heirlooms.
    Precisely it wasn't till WoTLK that these achievements kicked in.. Makes ya wonder about all the QQ over it, all I can see it as is the "I can be a snobby showoff and lord this all over the rest of you" type crowd usually the ones that race to realm first anything are masochists..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    So much butthurt about them removing realm first leveling and professions. While I am sure the reason Blizzard did so was to hopefully encourage people to take their damn time getting to max level, I am positively certain it won't deter people racing to max level and then whining because "there's nothing to do /rageface".
    Lol exactly I can never figure those that race to max level really stupid if you ask me and as you said once they get there then what.. lol

Well it'll certainly make me relax a lot more in my levelling process. I got realm first rogue 90 and didn't enjoy levelling that fast really. It was 15-18 hours of stressful levelling. Didn't go for it at first, until I realized that I didn't see other rogues around me as I levelled, and then went berserk, hating the damn panda npcs constantly telling me to "slow doooooown".

The realm first guy, on my realm, is usually the same guy that has found what could be described as exploits, which usually means easy to kill mobs, that give way too much xp for their effort. In MoP he stood at the alliance starting area, killing constantly spawning streams of horde mobs for 6-8 hours straight. 2 expansions before that he'd apparently found a cave with those easy to kill with good xp mobs, as well.

So all in all, I'm very fine with Realm First! for levelling/professions being gone.
    Last edited by Bauwagast; 2014-03-07 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZombie View Post
    Course I read your whole post. I'm saying 'I don't care about the content so it's good I have a reason to be forced to sit through it' makes no sense whatever way you cut it and is not a valid argument for World Firsts.
    Blizzard is trying in many ways to force players into doing content they previously didnt care about. The more content players play, the longer they stick around and the more subscription/expansions they pay for. Giving players incentive to do undervalued content is never a bad thing for the game.