Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a spare I wish I could give away. (or sell).

I know that shit takes a damned long time to get >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Syfy View Post
    Blizzards rng is worse than aids just keep that in mind.
    you dont understand what the word random means do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the Crawling Claw on my first solve, and I'm really doubting I'll ever see the mount (only 75 solves though). I always wanted one of the bugs, since I used to fool around a lot in AQ when I played the most in Wrath. Always bout that bug life.

10+ Year Old Account
    cant remember exactly but I think it was around 30 solves on 2 or 3 characters even

How do you "set a goal of 50-100 solves a day" if you can't control what race you're getting to pop up on your map? Or is there something I'm missing there...?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    How do you "set a goal of 50-100 solves a day" if you can't control what race you're getting to pop up on your map? Or is there something I'm missing there...?
    Just do the pandaria ones and trade them in for Tol'vir crates.

Deleted
    I have the pet, but I am up to alot of solves, around the 300 I reckon, and I haven't seen the mount yet

Ahhhh I see thank you. I really need to get around to doing that. Pandaria doesn't show up until 525 though I assume?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    Been doing archaeology since it came out, always on my main and nothing else. Took 280-ish solves to get the mount, but I have basically given up hope on ever getting the Crawling Claw pet.
    you know you can just get the pet from the AH, right?

Quote Originally Posted by elderamy View Post
    you know you can just get the pet from the AH, right?
    The price of which varies from a measly few thousand to an astronomically high 100k+ depending on your server. Would you hand over tens to hundreds of thousand for 1 pet that is available via arch?

I got mine after 450+ solves iirc. But I was able to churn out 300 or so of them over a weekend when the Tol'vir sites were bugged a while back.

EDIT: Bug was if you had the sonic locator (the mantid dig site locator bought off brann) in your bags, you could zone into Uldum and have a full set of dig sites for Tol'vir. After digging out one of these, often a new Tol'vir sight would show up, but often not. Once you dug Uldum out, zoning out to Tanaris, Ungoro or Sithilus, then flying back into Uldum would reveal a fresh set of Tol'vir dig sites.
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-03-07 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    I got mine after 450+ solves iirc. But I was able to churn out 300 or so of them over a weekend when the Tol'vir sites were bugged a while back.
    Yeah a lot of people got theirs when the Mantid Artifact Sonic Locator + CRZ let you reset your dig sites on a whim.

Deleted
    Ridicules, lol...

The highest I have ever seen was somewhere in the 800's. When I was farming for mine I looked it up extensively you will get yours within the next 300 solves I bet.

Got mine yesterday after around 800-900 solves spread among three toons.

Not trying to discourage anyone still seeking the mount, but was anyone else a little underwhelmed once they had it? I don't particularly like the color, and even the model is kind of "bleh"' IMO. I'm not someone who focuses on the rarity of things but rather the appearance. As such, I'm not even sure I'm going to use this mount that I craved for years...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Digital Animal View Post
    Set a goal for yourself of 50-100 solves a day; this is how I got mine, took me around 350 solves iirc.
    Don't have the mindset that each next solve will be (or must be) the mount, just listen to music and do it. It helps to have a 2nd screen, on which you can watch movies/tv series.

Good luck
    I did this with the Sea Turtle, did 250+ casts per day and got it in the end. Maybe I should do the same for this. 50 crafts per day however is a bit too much I'd say :P (Note: I hate archy from the bottom of my heart after grinding out all the 20 collector achievements)

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgefundie View Post
    Got mine yesterday after around 800-900 solves spread among three toons.

Not trying to discourage anyone still seeking the mount, but was anyone else a little underwhelmed once they had it? I don't particularly like the color, and even the model is kind of "bleh"' IMO. I'm not someone who focuses on the rarity of things but rather the appearance. As such, I'm not even sure I'm going to use this mount that I craved for years...
    The mount itself is kind of ugly yeah, really low texture quality but the Animation makes up for it, if you zoom out you don't see how see much of the textures anymore making it easier to look at That said i was disappointed that they didn't re-make a texture for it, it's just ridiculously low quality. I enjoy using the mount on ground, simply because of how neat it animates.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly gave up trying. No matter what I did, how many times I shuffled digsites or partied up to check a different realm, I'm still not even there.

I'd love to have it to ride with my 2.5 tier, but that's really the only reason.
    "Don't be a dick, be a dude."
    my warrior
    [ twitter| twitch]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    The price of which varies from a measly few thousand to an astronomically high 100k+ depending on your server. Would you hand over tens to hundreds of thousand for 1 pet that is available via arch?
    if its easier to obtain yes ofc why not

i wont mind tbh, its been a pain so far farming mount and pet no luck so far

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest you had your chance to obtain it them when the locator was shuffling the dig sites, since the change you must have nerves of steel to farm for it, it can take you 10-10-100-1000-10000 there is no pattern and the time required is absurd.

I got mine on 136 solves and the claw on the last day before the locator fix on 567 solves and it took ages even with doing 20+ more solves per hour, now you can do what like 2-3 per hour? It's insane to even consider farming it.