10+ Year Old Account

Has Mythic Mode Changed the Dynamic of your guild?

So Blizzcon was about 4 months ago and I was talking to an old guild leader friend of mine about how their guild was prepping for mythic mode. He tells me he is constantly worried about challenging recruiting 8-10 more people and whether or not they can meet his expectations (they are a hardcore guild). He is also considering merging with another solid 10 man guild just for the sake of mythic mode. Which made me question if other guilds are having just as much trouble as he is.

So how are your guilds dealing with it. Do you guys not care and are letting "fate" take care of things or are already prepping for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    We're actually going 25man as of next week in prep for it, spent the last month and a half or so recruiting/building a reliable roster. Personally, it's the first time I'll have done 25man since Wrath, pretty psyched for it!
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Deleted
    Dedicated and skilled players really aren't that hard to find, if you are on a populated server. And even if they aren't leet; a couple hours where you talk to them about their role and how they can improve and get better, usually does the trick to at least make them decent enough to go heroic (mythic in the future).

So no it hasn't been a concern for my guild, we actually talked about merging with another guild, and make two teams, all the a players merged and one with all the people that are usually benchwarmers or hoping someone doesn't show up.

Since we are a 10 man guild... well yeah. If you want to continue progression you have to be a 20m. Blizzard chose 25 over 10 and thankfully we've had so many people come back this patch there's nearly 17 (18?) of us who might be raiding in 201X.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Our guild has a fairly large roster. We currently run 2 full 25mans in preparation to field the best possible 20man roster in Warlords. While I want to believe that my raid spot is safe, I can't be sure so I raid every reset like a recruit fighting to earn one. It's not a bad attitude to have and one that I've heard is necessary to participate at the top tiers of raiding. I hope I can keep my spot, but knowing it's melee and most roster cuts will largely be aimed at melee DPS, one can never be too sure.

I think you are ´overthinking´ the problem

1. If you are a realm first type of guild, you are going to have no problem finding other players who want to jump to your guild

2. If you are not, then what you will do is start now with 30-40 people in mind. Use heroic dungeons the first week to eliminate some.. Then you still have to do normal mode and can use 25 people, and then use that as the tool to decide on your 20 for Mythic. The fact that Flex-normal allows 25 people will allow you to prepare for mythic, both in terms of gear, and in terms of deciding who to bring. You do not have to start WoD with your 20 people already set in stone.

For a while now we've had 20 good 'core' players, while we always had 5 new raid members/bads/last minute pugs that didn't always pull their weight. We are actually really excited to be finally be able to not wipe and progress harder come WoD.
    You just lost The Game

We (2/14H) in 10 man merged with another 10H guild (4/14H), we got to 3/14H in 25 over several weeks before the entire group fell apart, everyone was miserable, some good players gquit, and we split back into two 10 mans again. Now our original 10 man (having retained 7/10 players) is 7/14H and the other 10 man (having retained ~6 players) is 3/14H.

It was a miserable experience and I hope everyone else has a better time at it than we did. I don't know what we're gonna do when 6.0 hits. 25 man was a logistical nightmare.

Theres more fire under certain peoples feet. Primarily the ones that fail basic tasks like belts, or the ones who clutter mumble to make sure we all understand you totally dodged that sonic pulse.

For the average player in our 25, I don't think theres been any real shift in the dynamic though.

Deleted
    Our guild currently has two 10 mans going on. The transition to 20 man will be pretty smooth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I as an ex-hardcore and GM have spoken to several old friends in regards of this.

Some guilds have fallen apart. Others have grown from 10 mans while others have shrunk. So I think that it is going as expected. Changes are taking place to a lot of guilds and some good some bad.

In regards of your question I do believe that a lot of guilds are having trouble, but I believe that was expect. Once the initial transition is over, you won't even remember the change. (although I still remember 40 man raids)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by delk View Post
    We (2/14H) in 10 man merged with another 10H guild (4/14H), we got to 3/14H in 25 over several weeks before the entire group fell apart, everyone was miserable, some good players gquit, and we split back into two 10 mans again. Now our original 10 man (having retained 7/10 players) is 7/14H and the other 10 man (having retained ~6 players) is 3/14H.

It was a miserable experience and I hope everyone else has a better time at it than we did. I don't know what we're gonna do when 6.0 hits. 25 man was a logistical nightmare.
    Merges dont realy work, it only works when its not realy a merde its one guild absorbing another otherwise it always end up in severe misunderstanding beteween the leaderships. My guild is currently recruiting so we can start doing 25 mans, Im not at all happy about it as weve been 10 mans since forever and were 14/14 H and after going 25 man we basicaly gona need to progress trough most of the bosses again since the fights are quite diferent on 10 and 25 mans.

Part of the issue is that 25 mans are still 25 mans.. they haven't had to really evaluate their rosters and make cuts yet, so those potential raiders aren't out in the pool yet while 10s look to pick people up. 10 mans are forced to cannibalize each other in order to prepare for WOD.

Most 25 mans will probably barely need to make cuts anyway, because there is always end of expansion attrition, and instead of scrambling to get the roster built back up for the start of the expansion, they can afford to take it easy on recruiting. I also doubt you are going to see a huge spike in the recruitment pool from 25 mans "cutting players". Even guilds that appear to still have an oversized roster going into WoD probably won't cut anyone loose until Mythic has actually started because there's no reason for them to not leave everyone around in case things happen at the last minute.

15+ Year Old Account
    Switched to 25man to prepare, GM not finding the pool of recruits available to his liking.

I wish we had 20 mans 2 xpacs ago because my guild has always had the problem of having more than 10 but less than 25 competent people. Unfortunately most of them have quit the game mid ToT.

Going from 25 to 20 is reasonably easy. For the most part, we're just continuing to raid, not recruiting as much as we normally would at this point in the game (normally, you overfill a bit just before an expansion release - but right now, we're holding steady or even letting our roster size drop a bit), and letting the problem sort itself out as much as possible.

If we end up with a 30 man roster going into raids in WoD we'll probably have to make some cuts - but that's not really an issue until a couple weeks after the actual release and HOW we deal with it is going to depend on the roster when we get there, so not worth thinking about until a release date is in sight.