Quote Originally Posted by Scourge12309 View Post
    I agree with that. But something in my mind says its just a troll D:
    Well, if Simca thinks something will happen Monday and thinks there's a good chance at pre orders this week, I have enough trust in them to assume we'll get something this week even if its neither pre orders or beta.

- - - Updated - - -

One of these weeks we'll get beta unexpectedly. May not be this one. But eventually it'll happen.

I think it might be variable because you get beta access with pre purchase. They may be far enough along internally to have this be the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    I think it might be variable because you get beta access with pre purchase. They may be far enough along internally to have this be the plan.
    If they do that, I think they'd have to handle it better than the annual pass. Probably only with DD or CE version. Also wouldn't put it pass them to give beta access with RoS CE.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Underlined part I don't believe is right though I'll have to research to see what exactly comes with pre purchase. I don't think its exactly the same as a pre order. Main reason I don't believe its right is there likely is some reason the date they cancel the MoP CE is unknown. And I can't think up any reason it'd be unknown unless it was somehow related to the download system.

Bold part is absolutely true, though i think is unlikely because it would just feel odd.

Here's what I think are the possibilities (assuming the cancelation means something):

A. We only get pre purchase but it uses new download system.

Edit: well, there goes B theory.

- - - Updated - - -

Bold part will make this thread interesting for 3 days at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Heroes of the storm beta?

- - - Updated - - -

As a note: there's almost 0 chance there is beta when it ends. If there was beta, they'd have to have announced it by now.
    They are probably just saying "as soon as" to cover their asses in case they change their minds at the last minute for some reason. It's the same reason as why when they give the 2 week PvP end of season warning they word it as "as soon as X date", not "on X date", so the opportunity is there to delay it if they need to.

As far as taking the MoP CE down and the argument that not putting the WOD CE up immediately would cost them money, consider this. Doesn't taking it down regardless of the status of the WoD pre-orders cost them money to begin with? Why not just leave that up indefinitely even after WoD pre-orders have started so they can keep collecting money from people who 2, 3 , etc years down the road decide they want to buy the MoP CE for the pet and mount? The fact that they are taking it down at all is inherently costing them money regardless of the WoD pre-order status, so I think it's entirely possible they are just taking it down because they've decide to take it down, not necessarily that it has anything to do with pre-orders and especially beta.

- - - Updated - - -

If they do that, I think they'd have to handle it better than the annual pass. Probably only with DD or CE version. Also wouldn't put it pass them to give beta access with RoS CE.
    If they do something like that, they just have to make it very clear on the website that beta invites will be done in waves and everyone that pre-orders will be guaranteed to get at least X months of beta access prior to release, but not guaranteed to get in immediately.

What I missed today? (except the Twitter Post of Garnision)

Quote Originally Posted by Ehnoah View Post
    Literally nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    They are probably just saying "as soon as" to cover their asses in case they change their minds at the last minute for some reason. It's the same reason as why when they give the 2 week PvP end of season warning they word it as "as soon as X date", not "on X date", so the opportunity is there to delay it if they need to.

As far as taking the MoP CE down and the argument that not putting the WOD CE up immediately would cost them money, consider this. Doesn't taking it down regardless of the status of the WoD pre-orders cost them money to begin with? Why not just leave that up indefinitely even after WoD pre-orders have started so they can keep collecting money from people who 2, 3 , etc years down the road decide they want to buy the MoP CE for the pet and mount? The fact that they are taking it down at all is inherently costing them money regardless of the WoD pre-order status, so I think it's entirely possible they are just taking it down because they've decide to take it down, not necessarily that it has anything to do with pre-orders and especially beta.

- - - Updated - - -

If they do something like that, they just have to make it very clear on the website that beta invites will be done in waves and everyone that pre-orders will be guaranteed to get at least X months of beta access prior to release, but not guaranteed to get in immediately.
    They don't say as soon as for everything. For example they give the release date 2ish months out. I'm pretty sure more can go wrong there instead of canceling the DD. What possible reason could they have for delaying canceling it unless its related to something else? It may not be pre orders, may not be beta, but its likely something.

The soon as for pvp season and patch notes is for if something goes wrong.

Not to mention Simca says something likely will happen Monday. And she has more info than any of us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ehnoah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    It's very likely something interesting will happen on March 10th, but it's fairly unlikely to be beta, and it might not be World-of-Warcraft-related at all.

I'd be moderately surprised if they didn't start taking WoD preorders next week as well at some point, even if it isn't Monday for that aspect.
    There was this interesting statement from someone who knows more than we do.

Deleted
    8 games and 10 services now on both eu and us site, so it will something happen next week. I think they will start the pre-order and the lvl 90 paying boost.

Regardless of what if anything is next week, they're going to surprise us with beta and pre purchase one of these weeks. So one of those times someone says "its next week" they're gonna be right

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonn View Post
    8 games and 10 services now on both eu and us site, so it will something happen next week. I think they will start the pre-order and the lvl 90 paying boost.
    I don't believe that's new. They've been showing 3 WoW games available on and off for about a month now I think.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's very likely something interesting will happen on March 10th, but it's fairly unlikely to be beta, and it might not be World-of-Warcraft-related at all.

I'd be moderately surprised if they didn't start taking WoD preorders next week as well at some point, even if it isn't Monday for that aspect.
    Are you sure of what you are saying? Some people are taking your words 100% granted. I know you've datamined HotS and I thank you for that but, do you have some inside knowledge/info in what blizz are doing?

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Are you sure of what you are saying? Some people are taking your words 100% granted. I know you've datamined HotS and I thank you for that but, do you have some inside knowledge/info in what blizz are doing?
    < not taking it 100% for granted, I just give MMO-C benefit of the doubt for how rarely they are wrong. And I highly doubt Simca would be allowed to answer that question.

I assume something will happen Monday, but if it doesn't, life goes on. Won't give it a second thought.

Another way to put it: I'm pretty sure if the guy who leaked the racial changes leaked something else now, a whole lot more people would trust him/her this time around.

I doubt MMO-C would say something unless they had a relatively good idea of something in the works. Even if they are wrong, they don't put things out there to intentionally mislead.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-03-08 at 07:42 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    < not taking it 100% for granted, I just give MMO-C benefit of the doubt for how rarely they are wrong. And I highly doubt Simca would be allowed to answer that question.

I assume something will happen Monday, but if it doesn't, life goes on. Won't give it a second thought.

Another way to put it: I'm pretty sure if the guy who leaked the racial changes leaked something else now, a whole lot more people would trust him/her this time around.

I doubt MMO-C would say something unless they had a relatively good idea of something in the works. Even if they are wrong, they don't put things out there to intentionally mislead.
    Well they were wrong about TDB and even Boub said that. So they could be wrong about the whole 'new tech that is delaying the beta' thing.

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Well they were wrong about TDB and even Boub said that. So they could be wrong about the whole 'new tech that is delaying the beta' thing.
    Yes, I even said that, but when they are right the vast, vast majority of the time, and especially on things we have no clue about, I wouldn't try making a living off them being wrong commonly.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention:Blizz always releases info suddenly, we aren't going to get a month notice for beta or pre purchase. It'll just appear 1-2 days beforehand. Even if what is this week isn't one of those things, it will eventually be.

Idk what more you would want. I mean a dataminer from a highly respected fan site known for its accuracy and who just datamined the hots alpha stuff says something highly likely will happen with Blizz in 2 days and may or may not be related to WoW, what more can you ask for in assuming that something will occur but not be upset if nothing does?
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-03-08 at 08:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said at the beginning of this week that this coming week will be a big week, just not sure what it could be.

I hope for Beta, but I can't always be right or get what I want.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Monday/next week will be very interesting it seems!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade95 View Post
    Monday/next week will be very interesting it seems!
    Mhm, trying to think up what non-WoW news they possibly could have? Hearthstone on mobile? I'd love that.

Mhm, trying to think up what non-WoW news they possibly could have? Hearthstone on mobile? I'd love that.
    Sorry I just came back to this thread on this page, not sure what's going on, just saw people speculating something may happen next week or Monday.

Is it WoW news or non-WoW news? Or both?

This is current discussion Dark.

- - - Updated - - -

"In approximately one week (no sooner than March 10), the Mists of Pandaria Digital Deluxe edition will be earning a bit of much-deserved rest in the Blizzard Archive."

There's an interesting thing I think should be pointed out here: how in the world would Blizz not know when the digital deluxe would be canceled? Its a very simple thing to do.

Unless

Its being replaced by something......

(It may not be ofc, but that wording is very odd for something that by itself can't go wrong essentially. I mean how can canceling a game edition go wrong?)

- - - Updated - - -

As a note: while we likely won't get garrisons at the very start of beta, since we do get garrisons early in the leveling process, it likely won't take long either.
    While I don't think Simca was responding to me, I think this post may be related to her posting what she did out of the blue.

Mhm, trying to think up what non-WoW news they possibly could have?
    I think it's just HotS technical alpha starting.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you guys think about beta coming before march 25th? There will be a lot! of traffic to the wow-site because of Reaper of Souls release. RoS will be installed via battle-net desktop app. Perfect time for them to advertise their other games.
    Last edited by Nivena; 2014-03-08 at 09:41 PM.