The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your stuff is looking real pretty there Drunken, but please if you can get one of these! I think it can be mounted on even with your reservoir mod, not a 100% sure though, it would look nicer ^^ Oh and I sent you a PM with my idea for your loop config!

I've put in an order for some Primochill Acrylic tubing, some tools to bend and cut it and all the likes! I ordered it today and it's already been shipped, yay FrozenCPU! My case is currently off being powdercoated a lovely white(RAL9016 for those in the know), can't wait to get it back!
    Quote Originally Posted by overcaffeinated View Post
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

EK have a similar piece for this pump/res config. At the current moment just can't afford one right now though, so like other things right now it will simply have to wait for a little.

EDIT: Out of laziness I decided to try something. Namely, I removed the sticker entirely from it! And now the pump/res looks much better.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2014-03-05 at 07:33 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough! What tubing size do you intend to use with this?
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

Undecided, since I'm pondering between hard tubing or soft tubing. If I go with EK's newest line of tubing (a matte black, which seems like a beautiful idea) then there's only one size IIRC. Ideally, I prefer smaller tubing nowadays. I've used 1/2" ID 3/4" OD before, and the fittings are just too damn huge for most waterblocks to fit comfortably.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, great job so far man! Keep it up!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough, in larger builds like mine I feel 1/2"ID 3/4"OD works fine, but for smaller builds I prefer to run smaller tubing.

Primochill came along with some really interesting Acrylic Tubing that I've ordered, might be something you'd want to look into?

It's not a matter of the build's size, but ie with my GTX 680s in the previous build I had to use an extension fitting to fit the big fittings, because the sheer size of the fitting made it hang over the PCB on the topside. I'm not very fond of this, even if it does have its own 'character'.

Smaller fittings are simply going to fit easier on the ports themselves.

I added a new microphone to my set up, the whole video was recorded with it.
    What do you guys think?

This is my set up again btw.

Deleted
    Where did you get those keyblades?

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Where did you get those keyblades?
    Through a lot of googling and searching.
    There's a lot of trash, over priced keyblades out there.
    Mine are made from metal, and high grade plastic, about 100-120$AUD each.

Deleted
    Ever since I moved I've been using a small desk tripod for my microphone - far from optimal. I decided to do something about it today.

It was a rather quick mod to do. An ~$10 lamp from IKEA, a screwdriver and a pair of pliers did the trick. I used hot glue to attach the top piece of a table tripod to the end of the arm which is then used to attach the microphone. An alternative would be a large ring along with 4 rubber bands.

Anyway, tried it out earlier and it works great. No more "taktaktaktaktak" sound from my keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Ever since I moved I've been using a small desk tripod for my microphone - far from optimal. I decided to do something about it today.

It was a rather quick mod to do. An ~$10 lamp from IKEA, a screwdriver and a pair of pliers did the trick. I used hot glue to attach the top piece of a table tripod to the end of the arm which is then used to attach the microphone. An alternative would be a large ring along with 4 rubber bands.

Anyway, tried it out earlier and it works great. No more "taktaktaktaktak" sound from my keyboard.
    How much did it cost to make in total?
    I have a similar microphone stand, but it's a real one.. Only cost about 50$ AUD + shipping from Ebay.
    Materials couldn't be that much cheaper, could it?

Deleted
    Well, for me it (the lamp) cost 79 SEK, and the rest I had lying around.

Not sure what the lamp costs in USD or AUD, but I'd recon it's about $10 or thereabout. Factor in cost for the hot glue, zip ties and a leftover mini tripod... maybe $15 total?

Small updates here and there thought id share.

Dell 27" UltraSharp U2713HM
    Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers
    Sennheiser HD 598
    Steelseries 4HD Mousepad
    T.BONE SC 440

Testing out some other brands since i am looking for new mouse&keyboard
    In this picture Steelseries Rival & Razer blackwidow 2014

Main PC
    Corsair Obsidian 750D
    Asus Sabertooth Z87
    Intel Core i7 4770K
    Corsair H100i Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition push&pull
    Corsair AX760i PSU
    Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD
    1 TB storage
    Corsair Vengeance 16 GB Kit 1600MHz
    Asus R9 280X DirectCU II TOP Crossfire
    Asus Xonar Xense

Also new baby Lenovo ideapad Y510P with Logitech G9X
    Core i7-4700MQ
    8GB DDR3 1600MHz
    2 x NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M
    mSATA-SSD 24GB + 1TB HDD

more Pictures of my project.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Well, for me it (the lamp) cost 79 SEK, and the rest I had lying around.
    That looks like the TERTIAL lamp, if so it's $9 in the US: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20370383/

Very nice mod Marest, I wish I had a use for such a nice microphone setup, they look so cool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I wish I had a use for such a nice microphone setup, they look so cool!
    You can review beer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    You can review beer.
    no he said use, as in a legitimate one

- - - Updated - - -

new heatsink:

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Looks sorta small >.<
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

XBOX i play on my xbox. nothing beats it

Warning: Please post constructively or not at all.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2014-03-16 at 06:21 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    You can review beer.
    NWN, doesn't like beer.

Did you ever check the first post in the cpu oc thread?
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2014-03-09 at 05:49 AM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water