Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I think new players actually quest faster if we ignore heirlooms
    Everything is new for them and they are probably more interested in questing for 6 hours in a row.
    Personally I get bored after even half an hour now.
    I can do...one quest without getting head-shot by an endless boredom! xD
    I only love leveling if I feel I am with lots of people next to me also doing quests or world pvp.

So I guess what im saying is that I only like leveling when a new expansion comes out or if I am in a populated CRZ zone.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2014-03-08 at 01:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Being power leveled by someone drastically speeds up that process.
    With all of the people who are posting about the importance of nine years of lore and content, power leveling should be a problem for them. Heirlooms as well, really or anything that allows one to skip over some of that. Since most of them aren't against that I'm going to guess that the business about the importance of experiencing years of content isn't really that big of a deal. Nor is the idea of skipping content. Just 'paying' to skip content. Which of course is completely optional since heirlooms and being power-leveled will still be around.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    With all of the people who are posting about the importance of nine years of lore and content, power leveling should be a problem for them. Heirlooms as well, really or anything that allows one to skip over some of that. Since most of them aren't against that I'm going to guess that the business about the importance of experiencing years of content isn't really that big of a deal. Nor is the idea of skipping content. Just 'paying' to skip content. Which of course is completely optional since heirlooms and being power-leveled will still be around.
    Not to mention the fact that having an objection to someone else paying more for less is a boggling concept to begin with. You don't get anything extra with a character boost, you 'lose out' on the lower leveling. The question is, do you enjoy low leveling? If not, you can pay to skip it. If you do, then this isn't the service for you.

I think very, very, very few new players will pay for a level 90. They'll take their freebe and be happy with it, then come back and maybe level another alt. The only people buying level 90's will be altaholics or hardcore raiders/PvPers who want a new flavour of the month character as quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    As I mentioned, unless it is all those perks PLUS RaF gifted levels, it cannot be done in less than 23 hours. I do calculations as part of my job and have been playing for 7 years. Anyone who says it is done in under 23 hours is using RaF or SoR, or is a liar and doesn't want to lose face.
    Hes talking out of his ass. Just ignore him and move on.
    Chronomancer Club

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Hes talking out of his ass. Just ignore him and move on.
    Timeless Isle and Karasang Wilds both have mobs that quickly spawn and offer great experience for leveling players. If you group with a fully decked out SoO player they can kill the mobs super fast. And these locations also have fast respawn times on those mobs leading to very little downtime. You tag the mobs, they kill them. There is also a location in Townlong that has a rare as well as quick spawning mobs.

Just because you don't know how to do it doesn't mean it can't be done. You can do 80-85 in about 30 mins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLIcBqHwmBY).
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    90 levels still takes close to 40 hours of playtime. It is worth the $60 to spend that 40 hours doing something else.
    unless you enjoy the actual process of leveling, which alot of people do.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    unless you enjoy the actual process of leveling, which alot of people do.
    And are those people the target audience for the payed 90 boost service? I think you know the answer to that.

I think for $60, I would just like it to come already riding trained up to 280 with cold/old/panda. Or at least 150 with the cold/old/panda. It is very easy for a new alt to pay its own way with riding skill just from questing/vendoring. Boost 90s won't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I think for $60, I would just like it to come already riding trained up to 280 with cold/old/panda. Or at least 150 with the cold/old/panda. It is very easy for a new alt to pay its own way with riding skill just from questing/vendoring. Boost 90s won't have that.
    Paid Boost to 90 is not marketed at people with no mains. It's target demographic are people who have already leveled up multiple 90s and do not want to level up yet another time through content they have already seen 4 or 5 times.

It is not marketed at people creating their very first character. Blizzard still wants those people to play through leveling content. And if they are despreately wanting to skip content to get directly to the new stuff to play with their friends, that is what the Free 90 boost that comes with WoD is for.

It is not marketed at returning people who want to boost a 70 or 80 toon to 90 so they can quickly join their buddies in new content. That is what the Free 90 that comes with WoD is for.

The Paid 90 Boost exists with the implied understanding that when you boost a character to 90 you are doing so specifically to fast track it, and have an existing main or friends standing by to cover your expenses like flying skill costs or catching up with professions.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I find it a massive step down a horrible slippery slope.

It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth this sort of thing on a sub based game
    I pay monthly sub to my IP Tv/internet provider. But if I want more internet speed or want to watch popular football match, I need to pay more. Looks ok to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    I pay monthly sub to my IP Tv/internet provider. But if I want more internet speed or want to watch popular football match, I need to pay more. Looks ok to me.
    Bad example is bad.

Its like you paid monthly for mobile limited internet on your phone, then you pay more for them to spend all limit to zero, because you arent bothered to do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    Bad example is bad.

Its like you paid monthly for mobile limited internet on your phone, then you pay more for them to spend all limit to zero, because you arent bothered to do it yourself.
    Your example is even worse O_o

15+ Year Old Account
    Bad example is bad.Its like you paid monthly for mobile limited internet on your phone, then you pay more for them to spend all limit to zero, because you arent bothered to do it yourself.
    It isn't a bad example at all. It is a subscription base service that offers extra things that are not included in your subscription for an extra fee. Plenty of businesses and services do it. They are accepted as doing it and not thought less of because they do it. It only seems that certain people object when it comes to games and only Blizzard/WoW.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I just think it's dumb because people won't even know why they're level 90, or what they are fighting for. Questing actually tells you the story of why you are level 90 now and why you are fighting these things.

Going to 90 then 95 then raiding you are going to be A) annoyed by the 5 lvls infront of you B) unaware of why you care about those 5 levels C) not sure why you are fighting these fights and D) you wont know anybody which i guess is a lesser problem in the LFR/LFD days.

I always liked questing cause you found out things about the world, met interesting people and got to know your own character as well.

I will probably not even use my 90 free boost, too bad I can't sell it for 4 months of WoW time.

there's nothing wrong with a boost being $60 jesus give it a rest

10+ Year Old Account
    $60 is a bit ridiculous, but I won't complain because if it was $40, more people would abuse it and that would ruin ques for low level questing. Not only would ques become incredibly long, but world PvP would be dead since it would be scarce to run into another opposing fraction player. Blizzards intent wasn't to add this for $60 bucks thinking people would deal with it and still buy it... they put it that high because they know that if people abuse it, it would do more damage than good. People wanted to be able to skip content, blizzard gave them that option and now that it's not at a price low enough to use multiple times, people are now pissy. Deal with it because it ain't going to change.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Timeless Isle and Karasang Wilds both have mobs that quickly spawn and offer great experience for leveling players. If you group with a fully decked out SoO player they can kill the mobs super fast. And these locations also have fast respawn times on those mobs leading to very little downtime. You tag the mobs, they kill them. There is also a location in Townlong that has a rare as well as quick spawning mobs.

Just because you don't know how to do it doesn't mean it can't be done. You can do 80-85 in about 30 mins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLIcBqHwmBY).
    Woow, you arent even checking what you are posting. But even if it still worked today, you would need another player to go out of his way to level you, and to farm up a 300% elixir. (which would take more time than just leveling 80-85 yourself.)

Maybe I can do things athene style. 1-90, get 40 people to kill mobs I tagged, while I have a RAF dude next to me, while im decked out in every heirloom possible with the darkmoon fairy and summer event exp buffs on while I have the monk 50% buff on. This is all happening while I have a 300% elixir on, and I have RAF dudes switching in and out as I outlevel them.

That seems like something the other 99% of people are doing.

Just because you don't know how to do it, doesn't mean it can't be done. You can do 1-90 in about 30 mins.
    [Insert random youtube about an exploit that has been patched over]

Please check the garbage you are posting. It was an exploit that has been patched over.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2014-03-09 at 04:49 PM.
    Chronomancer Club

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    $60 is a bit ridiculous, but I won't complain because if it was $40, more people would abuse it and that would ruin ques for low level questing.
    Believe me, it will be as much abused as if it was $40 or 25. If they really wanted to limit that, they could have added cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Believe me, it will be as much abused as if it was $40 or 25. If they really wanted to limit that, they could have added cooldown.
    It's weird because it is well worth the $60 mark of leveling a character to 90. However, if the price was at $20, everyone would be calling that price "wow Blizzard, GG, pay2win even more", "I can't believe wow has become such a huge cashcow for them to actually do this".

So far, I wonder if anyone has actually used the boost to 90 feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    So far, I wonder if anyone has actually used the boost to 90 feature.
    Let me hop in my time machine, jump ahead to when WoD is actually released, and get back to you on that.