Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Do you mean doable by you, or doable by Death Knights in general? Because it is absolutely doable with the right gear now.

(Mione got it to 10% and would have killed it with better RPPM and luck).
    I would like to see a Video and the Gear used by Mione of that try.
    Update: After more optimization i got it to 7%
    Last edited by mmoc70ee0e83f5; 2014-03-06 at 05:10 PM.

How do you handle the floor thingy? Just as much as possible or do you stop at some point since constantly moving can suck on your dps?
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

Deleted
    All I can say about H Stoneguard (without the blue one, obviously), is that the best way to squeeze enough dps is to play with the floor and the crystals. Breaks musn't happen. Everything must go go go ! To give datas about the numbers of illuminated squares on the floor :
    From the beginning till the first reset (75%) = 100
    From 75% till the second reset (40%) = 120 (possible to climb 130, but it's such a dps gain to focus on the dogs at this point).
    From 40% till the end = 110 (enrage, so possible to light up more if the berserk timer allows)
    Think to keep CDs for the enrage, it's clearcly survivable for a few seconds.
    Use your speed CD (nitro boost - whatever ) just after taking the triple explosion not to be slowed during this benefit of time.

Between my first attempts and the down with my monk (ilvl 568), where all movements became almost automatism, I saved something like 15% of dps difference on berserk (don't forget that the boss ends at 1% (2610k pv in my case)). So, the best advice that can be given to you is : "never stop running and light up as much squares as you can".

Moves musn't suck on your dps, you have to handle it, or at least, cope with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    All I can say about H Stoneguard (without the blue one, obviously), is that the best way to squeeze enough dps is to play with the floor and the crystals. Breaks musn't happen. Everything must go go go ! To give datas about the numbers of illuminated squares on the floor :
    From the beginning till the first reset (75%) = 100
    From 75% till the second reset (40%) = 120 (possible to climb 130, but it's such a dps gain to focus on the dogs at this point).
    From 40% till the end = 110 (enrage, so possible to light up more if the berserk timer allows)
    Think to keep CDs for the enrage, it's clearcly survivable for a few seconds.
    Use your speed CD (nitro boost - whatever ) just after taking the triple explosion not to be slowed during this benefit of time.

Between my first attempts and the down with my monk (ilvl 568), where all movements became almost automatism, I saved something like 15% of dps difference on berserk (don't forget that the boss ends at 1% (2610k pv in my case)). So, the best advice that can be given to you is : "never stop running and light up as much squares as you can".

Moves musn't suck on your dps, you have to handle it, or at least, cope with it.
    Ty. Easier said than done I guess^^

And yeah I just did Lady Deathwisper 25 hc j4f and really wondered why the fight is so hard this time. Adds didn't seem to fall, I ate tons of damage...At 40% I realised I had unholy presence on. Head ~> Table
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

10+ Year Old Account
    Havin trouble on Festergut 25m. I use ams to stop a apply of the debuff but because of its 2min duration it never drops off. Tried blood in dps gear and frost.

Nevermind, went frost switched a few talents around and got it.
    Last edited by teebo; 2014-03-07 at 09:13 PM.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

So decided to try some firelands 25 (all of these bosses have already been soloed by others ofc), and was quite fun, I had already done alysrazor, even on 25 hc, so no surprise it was very easy, but for beth'tilac I had to use quicktum's tactic and just stay down in full tank gear, roiling blood and glyph of pestilence to spread diseases to the spiders which deal magic damage, and just killed 1 drone, then focused beth'tilac, luckily frenzy stacks cap at 50, around 100k vengeance.

Wasn't able to do shannox 25 hc, max 45 stacks are survivable in my tank gear, but was able to do 25 normal not killing riplimb nor rageface, just full tank gear, saved def. cds for the end, also never reset stacks, had 68 or so in the end, and dogs obviously enraged at around 20 millions, 245k vengeance, quite fun in the end.

Also did rhyolith 25 normal, a quite interesting fight, although it was way harder to drive him compared to 10 and 10 hc, drank magma once, roiling blood was once again very useful for adds.

And did majordomo 25 normal, took me quite a lot of attempts, I heard that it's easier with lots of avoidance and just eating the flames and adds damage, but even my tank gear is just a mastery set with almost no avoidance, so I was disadvantaged on that, in my dps gear with a reforging hit\exp > crit > haste > mastery I was in line with enrage, died after 5 mins, as such, would've been easy to beat the enrage considering the dps gain once he gets under 35%, but really wasn't possible for me to survive long after 50 stacks, I tried with some mix of dps and tank gear but was never able to beat the enrage, in the end I decided to go in full tank gear and stand in fire all time till like 1 minute to enrage in order to stack some shield and not waste cds, I reforged some haste away to mastery and crit, 184% mastery, (and I noticed that I always wiped due to physical damage, the adds melee hits, not to fire damage) used all buffs with dps flask, and a potion at start, failed the prepot so I couldn't use it at the enrage, but saved drums of rage for that. He enraged at around 18-19 millions, so I used bone shield, VB first, the damage taken was so high that a DS healed me 500k and gave me a completely full blood shield in 1 hit, IBF when I couldn't keep up with the damage, drums of rage as well, and lichborne in the very end, healing 1 million and 2 millions crit, 10 min 39, really fun fight.

I also wanted to do ragnaros 25, but when I tried in the past p3 was just too intense, too many meteors and I wasn't able to handle them (using glyph of resilient grip already + don't have engineering), any ideas what would be the strategy for it (are mouseover macros to knock back meteors required to beat it?)? He goes into p3 at around 55 millions, so that's like 40 millions of damage to do before he submerges + 4,5 mil hp each scion. 564 full dps gear, so I don't see why it wouldn't be doable if I knew how to handle meteors, been done in like 547 in 5.3.

Deleted
    Page or so late, but pallies can most certainly survive Oondasta and with the rook trinket I've had him to 37% solo in 577 gear. Not DK related I admit but a fun little fact!

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    Page or so late, but pallies can most certainly survive Oondasta and with the rook trinket I've had him to 37% solo in 577 gear. Not DK related I admit but a fun little fact!
    You know there is a paladin solo thread as well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    i give up
    I tried this one too but without dps gear i saw no chance of ever beating the enrage.

Deleted
    alright,I had an attempt at 2% on the last spirit king[/URL] (784k hp). The encounter ends at 500-600k hp or so. I RAN OUT OF BL DRUMS and it would have been a 100% kill had I not (thank you shitty macro spamming them on cd)

50% of attempts go down the drain due to the random order, and another ~50% due to the buggy as fuck textures that cause disconnects all the time. Or maybe it's just Kazzak being shit. Either way I'm disconnecting every other attempt (yes I'm annoyed as you may have noticed by the tone of the post). The encounter itself is an enormous lottery to begin with, and all in all I've had maybe 3-4 good attempts in 6 hours straight.

I will NOT check it as green on the spreadsheet (it technically didn't die), and I'm not sure if I will upload the vid or ultimately try to go back at it for an actual kill this time, but I personally consider it killed anyway. It *is* 100% doable, and I've had a handful of <10% wipes on the last king that all had fixable mistakes.

edit: screw that, I'll get a kill tomorrow. BUT FUCK THIS FIGHT
    I made a few pulls on this fight and i never had a disconnect so its probably your server or something on your side.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    You know there is a paladin solo thread as well?
    I guess it was a reply to the comment about how it's unlikely that even pallies/monks can't survive Oonda.

While I realize the cooldown reduction from Eye of Galakras doesn't work while in Blood spec, I did just receive it from Raid finder replacing my Eye of Zandalari raid finder. Does the proc out weight the static stat loss of the Zandalar for soloing?

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHabit View Post
    While I realize the cooldown reduction from Eye of Galakras doesn't work while in Blood spec, I did just receive it from Raid finder replacing my Eye of Zandalari raid finder. Does the proc out weight the static stat loss of the Zandalar for soloing?
    Would have to sim it but you'd probably be better off just getting the 535 TI strength dps trinket.

Anyone with an EU Horde lockout on Ji'kun able to help me out?
    I'm nearly bis tanking gear and would like to give it a try, seeing I miss the mount.
    if anyone has one, toss me a PM
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHabit View Post
    If you mean spark of zandalari lfr 502, it's better than evil eye of galakras lfr 528, consider evil eye lfr an item level 483 trinket for blood dps.

However, I gave ragnaros 25 some tries (564 dps gear, 561 weapon) but, although it's extremely easy to handle (even with no buffs) p1 and p2 and only requires a single stacks reset at 20 or so, I can't seem to beat p3; if I leave adds alive I die to their damage + ragnaros melee and fire damage, if I kill them I lose time and meteors come every 45 sec, I calculated that if I were able to do 13 millions before first meteor (drums of rage, army, potion) and ragnaros started at 58 mil, I'd get him to 45 mil, then I'd maybe do 9 mil before 2nd meteor, so 36 mil left, then 8 mil before 3rd wave which brings 2 more meteors, so 28 mil left, then I'd have to deal with 4 meteors till 20-21 mil and then 6 meteors for the last 5-6 millions. How should I do to handle so many meteors? Not used to that as I only soloed 10 normal and 10 hc when I had enough dps to only get 1 meteor. Also 77% mastery in full dps gear, should I get more? How much? And what would be a good moment to reset burning wound stacks on p3? Assuming it'd be required cause if it lasts more than 3 mins they're already 33 stacks, which tick for like 100k fire.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^^^

Why would you spec Purgatory?

Quote Originally Posted by mionelol View Post

fucking finally
    BIG GRATZ.

Edit: FU to imgur.

Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    Well, he started the fight, activated Animus, sent pet to attack him and started kite of all the adds. He kited them until boss used anima sucking thing and gained FULL POWER, after this he simply ressed his pet (who died from boss melee) and used portal to get outside of the room. If you manage to kite inside boss room then it may be possible.
    This seems possible, but too random. The point is DA shoots anima rockets not exactly to your position but somewhere near it, so maybe with some luck it's possible to avoid most of the rockets with unholy presence and your movement talent.

P.S. Congrats on Spirit Kings btw =)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmallBody/videos - Warlock soloing & other stuff

FUCKING FINALLY

- - - Updated - - -

if you plan to kill them, kill them during the transition itself. never waste time dpsing them if ragnaros is there. just make the transition last to its last second by leaving an add at low hp.

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover] Death Grip

I know there is an even better macro out there than even targets them automagically (the one I linked is prone to sometimes mouseovering Ragnaros for obvious reasons). That being said, it's normal mode, not heroic. On normal, they do not gain stacking speed over time, so you could kite them without ever knocking them back if you so desired, you just need to make big circles, use DA/rocket boots if they get dangerously close.

Resetting the stacks in the middle of p3 is exactly what made ragnaros 10normal so interesting back then, you have to position your ghoul and yourself intelligently so you dont run out of healing range while kiting. middle of the room is usually a safe bet.
    Thanks for the tips, will try again tonight or so, and gz on spirit kings, I also am interested in why you took purgatory? So that in the enrage you get a lot of damage and due to how DS works, you heal back up so much that you're able to get out of shroud of purgatory and get a much bigger shield?
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2014-03-08 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Thanks for the tips, will try again tonight or so, and gz on spirit kings, I also am interested in why you took purgatory? So that in the enrage you get a lot of damage and due to how DS works, you heal back up so much that you're able to get out of shroud of purgatory and get a much bigger shield?
    You don't get Vengeance during Purgatory I believe. I would guess that Mione went with Purgatory because she needed those extra few seconds to get the kill, which considering the sub 700k wipes she's had was probably the better of the 3 choices that talent tier.