I feel sorry for those with gathering professions to be honest and the crafting professions will be hit somewhat but you can still function somewhat. To me MMORPG's are about progression not going backwards in design...that is why character models are being upgraded for WoD and why the talent system was over hauled in MoP, etc. Just my two cents IMVHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Naiomie View Post
    I'm laughing at everyone who's saying they're unsubbing just because you won't be able to fly. Kind of hilarious
    I'm laughing at everyone who is buying this shit. it is extremely hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although this is highly unlikely, it's not a big deal to me personally. Sure people will bitch and whine, but it's fine.

Guess I'll miss using my "fly-only" mounts.
    Currently Procrastinating

More of a reason to sit in a main city and just get summoned to raids. Can queue for BGs/arenas and presumably that new world PvP thing from main cities, along with LFD and LFR. There's virtually zero reason to ever leave a main city. Not being able to fly would just give more reasons to sit in a city.

I basically never leave the cities anyway aside from Tuesday to do Celestials, and I can just hop on a flight path and go AFK for a few minutes when I want to do that. So I really don't care that much, it's pretty much irrelevant.

Stood in the Fire Constellation's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    1) And I'm sure you never fly now. Wait, you do? Then you're a fucking hypocrite. You can ride, hell you can WALK almost everywhere in WoW *today*. Unless you do, you're just mouthing off here.
    So what if he flys now? He doesn't say hes not, hes not being a hypocrite, hes welcoming a better solution to travelling.

I myself loved it when ground mount was the only transport (except flight paths), but I still fly now, but I won't go full retard if I lose it, I'd welcome it with open hands. At least the world will feel x10 bigger with only ground mounts. And even better, DANGEROUS.

10+ Year Old Account
    another *hint* at it being time to leave this game for others. yah no flying really bothers me. as many other aspects of wow. WoD is pushing me out the door more and more everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

It seems WoD is going to be awesome.

I didn't hear anything that suggested no flying all expansion, but I'd certainly be delighted if that were to happen.

The world has never felt dangerous.

The problem is they are using a time sink (increased travel time) to cover up the fact the lack of content. This is what MMORPG Korean grinders do.

Seriously? unsubbing for no flying in WoD areas? HAHA. sorry but wth. do you log in and fly around for a few hours per day while normal ppl do stuff like raiding etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valock View Post
    So what if he flys now? He doesn't say hes not, hes not being a hypocrite, hes welcoming a better solution to travelling.
    He talked specifically about how he loves to explore and walks all over in Skyrim. Great, you can ride pretty much everywhere in WoW *NOW* if you like doing that. If he's saying he likes exploring by riding but doesn't do it when he can and instead flies and THEN advocates for removing flying... that's hypocrisy. His better solution (and perhaps yours) is one that you can use now. So use it.
    I myself loved it when ground mount was the only transport (except flight paths), but I still fly now, but I won't go full retard if I lose it, I'd welcome it with open hands. At least the world will feel x10 bigger with only ground mounts. And even better, DANGEROUS.
    So you're a hypocrite too. You want love ground mounts... but fly. You want the danger that comes with riding... but you fly.

There's a phrase that's relevant here: Put up or shut up.
    Last edited by clevin; 2014-03-09 at 01:08 AM.

Personally I think adding flying to the game was the biggest mistake Blizzard has made, but I also think the cat is out of the bag on that and many, many players would be 100% unwilling, to the point of canceling their subscriptions, to give it up.

Deleted
    I might consider re-subbing if this happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Seriously? unsubbing for no flying in WoD areas? HAHA. sorry but wth. do you log in and fly around for a few hours per day while normal ppl do stuff like raiding etc?
    No, I fly to an area and do things there - quest, world bosses, elites. I don't find spending more time getting somewhere to be attractive when I've had, for years, a more efficient method of travel.

I explained why I'd not resub - I don't like design choices that arbitrarily restrict things just because the devs got a wild hair up their ass. Flying's been part of the game for six years with the exception of leveling content in each new expansion. It's been in the game for 4x has long as it wasn't here... so how about you all just fucking deal with that instead of whining about it all the time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Would be nice if you linked to a time...
    He starts talking about it at minute six (pretty much on the dot).

Also, the point he makes is this:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    'Is there a world where we have no flying... But people love it?' You know? Like, is that a possibility? I believe it is; I believe it's totally a possibility.
    Take that how you will, but it appears to me that it'll be driven by how players react. I daresay they'll making flying possible in 6.1 if the lack of it is widely enough reviled, but if players in the main don't miss flying then they'll keep it out.

Alas, I worry that a significant sub drop of any kind in 6.0 could prompt the wrong response and we see flying hastily brought back in. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather fly because it seems jarring to be able to fly through Azeroth, Outland, Northrend and Pandaria then... You just can't fly for some reason (which, to me, would be inconvenient).

If the gameplay doesn't suffer because of this, I can support the decision either way. Personally, I'm more worried about profession gathering and, in particular, things like archaeology that ask you to travel a lot. No flying has the potential to be very painful under circumstances such as those.

Well then, looks like I don't buy the game for the entire expansion.

Stood in the Fire Constellation's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    He talked specifically about how he loves to explore and walks all over in Skyrim. Great, you can ride pretty much everywhere in WoW *NOW* if you like doing that. If he's saying he likes that but doesn't do it when he can but flies and then advocates flying... that's hypocrisy. His better solution (and perhaps yours) is one that you can use now. So use it.

So you're a hypocrite too. You want love ground mounts... but fly. You want the danger that comes with riding... but you fly.

You really don't know what my point is.

No, I fly to an area and do things there. And I explained why I'd not resub - I don't like design choices that arbitrarily restrict things just because the devs got a wild hair up their ass. Flying's been part of the game for six years with the exception of leveling content in each new expansion. It's been in the game for 4x has long as it wasn't here... so how about you all just fucking deal with that instead of whining about it all the time?
    yup. and its not going anywhere. its a specific area. you can still fly in org/ other contents. so its still a part of the game.,

And to add, idc if we get flying or no flying. i can still get to my raids, my daily chores etc. most of you complain for the sake of complaining about this.
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2014-03-09 at 01:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

He talked specifically about how he loves to explore and walks all over in Skyrim. Great, you can ride pretty much everywhere in WoW *NOW* if you like doing that. If he's saying he likes that but doesn't do it when he can but flies and then advocates flying... that's hypocrisy. His better solution (and perhaps yours) is one that you can use now. So use it.

Someone clearly doesn't get it. That's like telling a warlock who doesn't like the new affliction playstyle not to use malefic grasp. Most of the time, it's not that someone dislikes flying, it's that they dislike the effect it has on the game. One person not flying doesn't change anything.

No, I fly to an area and do things there - quest, world bosses, elites. I don't find spending more time getting somewhere to be attractive when I've had, for years, a more efficient method of travel.

I explained why I'd not resub - I don't like design choices that arbitrarily restrict things just because the devs got a wild hair up their ass. Flying's been part of the game for six years with the exception of leveling content in each new expansion. It's been in the game for 4x has long as it wasn't here... so how about you all just fucking deal with that instead of whining about it all the time?
    You're whining that they are removing it though. So obviously you can't deal with Blizzard's choices.