I am all for changes like this, if it causes the entitled to purge themselves from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valock View Post
    At least the world will feel the same size with only ground mounts. And even worse, FRUSTRATING.
    had to fix this for you.

you guys cant see past the end of your own noses. the first time thru the quests it will be fun. the hundredth time thru (or however many alts you have) will be annoying. and never mind when you come to do your chores. it will waste more time than its worth since the rewards blizz will give us, will either be locked behind a pointless grind, or pale in comparison to the effort put forth in the first place.

in the short term it might be fun, but over the weeks and months when it stops being fresh, and we settle into a routine, it will be horrible.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-03-09 at 01:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really don't know what my point is.
    Your lack of clear writing skills is not my issue.

Stood in the Fire Constellation's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    had to fix this for you.
    Sorry but it's not frustrating for me, I like to live dangerously, hah.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Your lack of clear writing skills is not my issue.
    Or maybe your lack of understanding? We'll call it even there I guess? Good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You're whining that they are removing it though. So obviously you can't deal with Blizzard's choices.
    Actually, I can deal with them. Just fine. By making my OWN choice not to support them if they do this. People like you amuse me - you insist Blizzard has the right to make their choices, but you seem unwilling to accept that those of us who would not sub because of this are exercising that exact same right to make a choice about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    had to fix this for you.
    For you maybe. Many people like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but it's not frustrating for me, I like to live dangerously, hah.

Or maybe your lack of understanding? We'll call it even there I guess? Good.
    It's not the reader's responsibility to puzzle out meaning. IF you want to make a point, make it.

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind if they completely removed flying mounts from the game or just heavily restricted them.
    They would be ok if the world was thrice its size, but with the current size of the world, they just make the world feel too small.
    I miss the early days (Classic) where the world felt SO huge.

This statement has been massively misconstrued. Flying mounts will be available in patch 6.1.

I suggest this gets locked or deleted before this misinformation gets spread any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornias View Post
    I am all for changes like this, if it causes the entitled to purge themselves from the game.
    Nope, I'm sure the entitled, whiny PvPers will still be here because they love changes that inconvenience others for their benefit.

They showed off a new flying mount for WOD at Blizzcon. Think they make them just for kicks?
    Derp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Actually, I can deal with them. Just fine. By making my OWN choice not to support them if they do this. People like you amuse me - you insist Blizzard has the right to make their choices, but you seem unwilling to accept that those of us who would not sub because of this are exercising that exact same right to make a choice about the game.
    Great, why are you whining in here then? And don't say because it's feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    The remark is at about 6:00(ish) and he says specifically 'at ship, we won't allow flying in the expansion, at all'. It's clear that he's on the side that would remove flying if they could but the player investment in flying mounts, etc. from the store and otherwise really dictates against it. He goes on to say that the split among the players is about 50/50. It's difficult to imagine they'll shelve flying mounts for the entire expansion in this case and frankly he doesn't say that or even hint at it.

So nothing new. They'll ship with no flying and there's nothing in there to indicate that they'll keep it that way.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Seriously? unsubbing for no flying in WoD areas? HAHA. sorry but wth. do you log in and fly around for a few hours per day while normal ppl do stuff like raiding etc?
    Some of us gather resources to fuel multiple in-guild raid groups. The lack of access to the air means that herbing and mining to the degree required for those raids (not counting outside activities like WoD CMs) becomes an absolute nightmare. I remain hopeful that their supposed crafting overhaul and whatever the Garrisons provide will make this not be as horrible as it looks to be at first glance.

Personally I won't be spending an eternity on gathering professions in the name of immersion. And if I feel like I'm spending too much time running around for materials I'll find something more fun to do with my time.

/been here since vanilla, doesn't miss the days of no flight.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I rather have more content + flying than less content and an artificial time sink (increased travel time) introduced.

When flying was introduced that is what set WoW apart from other MMOs and it became the MMO champion IMVHO.

I'd love for this to happen. Whenever I read people say "well I guess it's time to leave this game" or "If they do this I'm totally unsubbing" it tickles me to no extent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    This statement has been massively misconstrued. Flying mounts will be available in patch 6.1.

I suggest this gets locked or deleted before this misinformation gets spread any further.
    I quoted what Afriasabi actually said about it earlier; he implies that it's possible there will be no flying at all.

If true, not buying it.

I love these threads that get everyone heated and arguing with each other over nothing. If someone wants to unsub because they remove flying, that's THEIR choice. If someone wants to resub because flying is being removed, that's THEIR choice. Who cares? You kids argue over the dumbest shit. People have different opinions. You attack each other over the smallest, petty shit.

The WoW community on MMOC is seriously the biggest bunch of crying whiny babies I have ever seen. You guys are hilarious.
    Last edited by Coldhearth; 2014-03-09 at 01:17 AM.

those of us who would not sub because of this
    I am hoping for this.
    The kind of people who would un-sub, because of something as minor as this, are the kind of people that i'd rather not have to come across in-game.