They are thinking about this because WoD does not have very much content and the number of removed features outweighs the number of added features.

In short...worst expac ever.

This would be a huge mistake if they do it and would probably halve the buy rate for the xpac. It's not going to happen. Blizzard is smarter than that.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Compelling argument. It's obviously because a few loud, angry people whinged to Blizzard that they're considering it. Ever stopped to think for more than a second that it might actually be WORTHWHILE to have people on the ground for longer? Sure, you won't get your "OMG BITCHES I CAN FLY, SHIT" moment when you ding 100, but think about all the things that can make up for it. Oh, and it's not just so you can take longer to get around, just as a tip.

Please, angry little people, think about the whole picture before you get your knickers in a twist.
    Yes, I did think for longer than a second about the worth of being on the ground longer at endgame. Nothing particularly enlightening came to mind.

Look, I'm a software developer that works on business applications. My job is to find the most efficient way to solve a problem. I consider a lack of flying to be a backward step and an inconvenience, hence a problem.

My engineer brain processes this whole mess like this:

Game engine capable of flying. Endgame implies all zones have been experienced and enjoyed from the ground. Playtime limited. Flying restriction: Arbitrary. Travel times increased equals inconvenience with no material gain. Easiest solution: Removal of arbitrary restriction. Problem solved. Travel time decreased, limited playtime more usefully spent. Enjoyment had.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, another reason to not care. At least we know blizz is in full pandering mode now. Only a little time left until you get everything you wanted so long as you shouted loud enough, unless you dont like orcs, then ur housed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    This would be a huge mistake if they do it and would probably halve the buy rate for the xpac. It's not going to happen. Blizzard is smarter than that.
    They will test it out until they find out its another mistake like making heroics hard in CATA, and change it back, and then all the elites will complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Yes, I did think for longer than a second about the worth of being on the ground longer at endgame. Nothing particularly enlightening came to mind.

Look, I'm a software developer that works on business applications. My job is to find the most efficient way to solve a problem. I consider a lack of flying to be a backward step and an inconvenience, hence a problem.

My engineer brain processes this whole mess like this:

Game engine capable of flying. Endgame implies all zones have been experienced and enjoyed from the ground. Playtime limited. Flying restriction: Arbitrary. Travel times increased equals inconvenience with no material gain. Easiest solution: Removal of arbitrary restriction. Problem solved. Travel time decreased, limited playtime more usefully spent. Enjoyment had.
    I personally think he only people who hates flying mounts are the PvPers, I think instead of getting rid of them blizzard should be thinking of adding Mounted Combat instead.

Stood in the Fire Constellation's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    They are thinking about this because WoD does not have very much content and the number of removed features outweighs the number of added features.

In short...worst expac ever.
    Dude, where the hell did you get your time machine from?! I need one, NOW!

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, already strongly considering opting out of WoD since they are not letting me defend my server first

I welcome no flying so long as there are large areas I can run around, unlike timeless isle (although I do like timeless isle for what it is).

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    It's not just about the initial "exploring the world for the first time". It's about the "living world". The sense of constant danger, exacerbated greatly by PvP servers, obviously. The ability for Blizzard to greatly increase compelling world situations/scenarios without players just flying happily past any time they sense danger, or skipping straight to the end.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with leveling.

So immersion equals danger, to you? It doesn't for me. I don't play on a PVP server, and I never will. If you want, make flying impossible on PVP servers, and see how that sticks.

Besides, leveling mobs are not dangerous for a max level character anyways. They're a nuissance.

I'd LOVE for Blizzard to add compelling world situations and scenarios. I play GW2 which has an amazing dynamic events system, I'd love WoW to have something similar to that. But the way to do it is not to be like "oy, this is dangerous", it's to offer incentive. Compelling story, compelling gameplay, compelling rewards. If you fly over a zone and you see a dynamic event down there, you should want to fly down and do it because it's gonna be fun, or because you want the rewards. That's my idea of immersive dynamic gameplay. Not "I wanna ride through this forest to get to place X but damn low level monkeys keep attacking and dismounting me, FFS".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    I welcome no flying so long as there are large areas I can run around, unlike timeless isle (although I do like timeless isle for what it is).
    Land your flying mount. Enjoy vast swathes of running around. No inconvenience to other players necessary.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    I don't mind timeless island... well except that Mobs that can charge you over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Land your flying mount. Enjoy vast swathes of running around. No inconvenience to other players necessary.
    Those people you talk about believe everyone should be like them and forcing everyone instead of giving everyone freedom is how thing should be.

He is merely talking about not having flying at the beginning and that it will be possible for people to enjoy the world that way despite what some whiners are saying in the forums. Nowhere is there any hint of not having flying come in with the first patch as has already been stated to be the case.
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics

Deleted
    seriously how easy do yo uwant wow to get i dnt get people who whine about this, the only bad thing i see about it is on pvp servers where there will be ganking but even t the start zone there wont be alot of ganking.

@the whiners you moan that you cant fly in wod boo fucking hoo in classic wow you had to walk til level 40 and level 40 mounts and they costed 100g and at level 60 1000g for epic riding and remember this is classic wow so 100g was alot of fucking gold back then so if your gonan unsub cos of this good cos i dnt wanna meet your whiney ass cross server if your gonna quit dnt tell us just get it done we wont miss u neither will blizz

If they remove flying in this xpac, that will be just amazing...

It's like blizzard is trying to right all the wrongs over the last several years in one xpac.. good luck bliz, try and bring back the good old days.

They're giving a flying mount with the CE/DD editions but at the same time are thinking about eliminating flying? Just do a little thinking before posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    people complain how things were better in vanilla. they try to respite ideologies of what people miss. people complain again. its like a vicious cycle.

I could care less. This isn't going to change anything.
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thessik-Irontail View Post
    If they remove flying in this xpac, that will be just amazing...

It's like blizzard is trying to right all the wrongs over the last several years in one xpac.. good luck bliz, try and bring back the good old days.
    now remove botters and actually ban people for being dickheads in trade and we might actually have classic back

Deleted
    He just said basically no flying at launch. The same they said since the expansion was announced.
    6.1 will allow you to fly. Sheessh i cant comprehend how some of you get so upset about misinterpretations and raw incomplete info.

You guys make me realize better why other people get that upset over their own interpretations about real life ... issues. You know what i mean. Thats how you sound.

No flying at all theoretically points to an attempt to stretch out content by introducing a large artificial time sink. But we will have to wait and see till the beta comes out so we can't really speculate any further. Blizz argues that players burn through content fast because of flying, but I disagree. I would argue the queue system is what causes players to burn through content fast but isn't being scaled back so flying is taking the brunt of it which seems unfair from my view.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    I don't mind timeless island... well except that Mobs that can charge you over and over again.

Those people you talk about believe everyone should be like them and forcing everyone instead of giving everyone freedom is how thing should be.
    And those guys aren't even really dangerous. If you have CC, you can avoid them completely. They are most annoying on my DK since I have to waste the time and sit and kill them. The only way they are a danger to me is if I try to ignore them and run. They, by themselves, are no dangerous in the least. Just annoying.