Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Generally when we talk about "traveling" in this thread, we mean venturing out into the world and doing stuff outside of cities or instances once you've reached max level.
    So no one does quests at max level? What about gathering mats etc?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Right now I fly a lot of in MoP for various reasons and many of those reasons will now be gone.
    You will have the same reasons just on your ground mount.

Using a ground mount is going to increase your play time by 30% give or take that isn't fun IMO.

Fun to me is doing what I like at a moments notice not at a snails pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    You are the one "doing it wrong" if what you're looking for is immersion. I fly pretty low usually, I look at the landscape, I fly a little detour to check out that mountain top because it looks neat, and hey there's a raremob, and hey there's an arch dig site ...
    I do this as well, but When I need to get up to do something (take a quick break, get a drink or a snack) or get somewhere quickly I usually just fly high and auto run. I'm pretty sure most people do it this way as well. It's simply the highest efficiency method to getting around. When I'm in an exploring mood I'll check things out, but I don't always have enough time to detour.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Using a ground mount is going to increase your play time by 30% give or take that isn't fun IMO.

Fun to me is doing what I like at a moments notice not at a snails pace.
    This is called instant gratification. I personally get more joy out of working for something. I also doubt that not having flying will increase our playing time by 30%.

I know this will look like a contradiction to my above comment, but We need a good balance. Not one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    I do this as well, but When I need to get up to do something (take a quick break, get a drink or a snack) or get somewhere quickly I usually just fly high and auto run. I'm pretty sure most people do it this way as well. It's simply the highest efficiency method to getting around. When I'm in an exploring mood I'll check things out, but I don't always have enough time to detour.

- - - Updated - - -

This is called instant gratification. I personally get more joy out of working for something. I also doubt that not having flying will increase our playing time by 30%.

I know this will look like a contradiction to my above comment, but We need a good balance. Not one or the other.
    I want to play WoW not a clone of Lineage 2.

Yes instant gratification is what makes WoW great IMVHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    So no one does quests at max level? What about gathering mats etc?
    Some people quest at max level, for achievements or to get specific quest rewards for transmog, but most don't. A good amount of people gather mats. Both of these groups are much more inclined to do so when they're not forcibly ground-bound. Those who prefer questing and gathering strictly on the ground, can already do that today, but very few choose that.

Two major qualms. One blizz please stop telling me what is fun. Fun is not objective, its very subjective. I remember this world where you had to walk/run everywhere or use flight paths. It was not scary, in some cases it was easier to run to a mob die and res at the GY to be closer to the town you are getting back to, getting 10min of res sickness turning in quests then running to wherever you needed to be and no longer have res sickness. That seems fun and totally immerse right? "we put cool exploration stuff in the world" so what who cares how someone finds it, long as they find it. I don't get why flying ruins this, oh someone got it faster so I don't want to walk to it I will be "forced" to fly like they did. Well that's the choice. The mythical reasons for removing flight are BS, I think they just don't want to deal with the world being tall and making it flyable, since it requires so much code to do (see Silvermoon City). Who knows, but I played enough years without flying to remember it and know it was not more immersive or scary (who the fuck is scared of dying in an MMO?). Death isn't scary its annoying.

Second, why take away 50% of a mount collection I've worked hard on and really enjoy using? Seems foolish and like scarping a ton of time put into creating those mounts.

I'm fine with a restriction for a while, but an entire expansion seems annoying and pointless. Yay, running places and dodging mobs I can see from 10 miles away so scary, and I feel so in touch with the world around me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still wonder why people who hate flying bother using it if they don't need. Like, stop giving shits that others like it?

Flying mounts make Blizzard cash. Besides the fact they've already opened Pandora's box with this...
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I want to play WoW not a clone of Lineage 2.

Yes instant gratification is what makes WoW great IMVHO.
    You're playing the wrong game then. Wow has never been about instant gratification...

Deleted
    gonna suck but i wil keep playing i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    You're playing the wrong game then. Wow has never been about instant gratification...
    LFR disagrees with you. Level 90 boost also disagrees with you.

I do find it funny people losing their minds over this. First off at no point in that video does he say no flying ever. He said AT SHIP. 6.1 flying will be back. And to all the people that say flying ruins the game. The last time i checked when you choose to mount you have the choice to select a flying or ground mount. No one is forcing you to fly unlike you who are trying to force the people who do enjoy flying onto the ground.

Either way point is flying is only gone till first patch. Need any further proof? Collectors edition mount is a flyer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't happen. It'd be a stupid idea; like it or not flying has become a part of this game. There are many players who enjoy flying, and giving them the shaft for an entire expansion isn't right. If you like your ground mounts so much, then use them.

Like I said, though, it won't happen. I mean look at the CE mount, do you really think they'll disallowing flying entirely?
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Quote Originally Posted by prudhvirazz View Post
    cause WOW is a social game. say i am raider. say my whole guild/raid team wants to fly and I don't. I will definitely lag behind them. It will take me 3 weeks to hit 100. It will take them only few days to hit 100. They will soon start dungeons/raiding etc. I am still at 95. I won't be a part of the progression. They will kick me out of the guild/raid team.

So in order to be competitive I have to do what others do.
    Funny, but you can't fly during leveling anyway. Even if you could, the difference in time wouldn't be that big.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Is the "Just keep to ground mounts then" actually a serious argument...?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I liked the timeless isle experience with the elite mobs who one shot you if you don't watch out and counting every step you make , I hope this will be delivered in WoD
    Last edited by rav1410; 2014-03-09 at 11:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    cause WOW is a social game. say i am raider. say my whole guild/raid team wants to fly and I don't. I will definitely lag behind them. It will take me 3 weeks to hit 100. It will take them only few days to hit 100. They will soon start dungeons/raiding etc. I am still at 95. I won't be a part of the progression. They will kick me out of the guild/raid team.

First of all, everyone can potentially level at the same pace, so that is irrelevant. At max level, how will you lag behind from lack of flying? Queue for dungeons. You don't fly to keep up with other people, you fly to take the game at your own pace and do fun the way you choose. Nothing in the open world is so important that it will affect your gearing for raid progression. Terrible analogy.

I'm literally cummingbuckets right now. I can't even wait till this expansion hits. Flying is gone! HURRAHHHHHH

15+ Year Old Account
    Not being able to fly until lvl 100, maybe even forcing players to 'earn' it, might work... but no flying at all? Forget about it. Do you realize how many people in WoW log on just to collect flying mounts, so they can show off? Not to mention those who already have said rare mounts and sometimes spent months, even years, collecting them? No way, that would be as bad for WoW' sub numbers as the RMAH was for D3.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2014-03-09 at 11:24 PM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Not being able to fly until lvl 100, maybe even forcing players to 'earn' it, might work... but no flying at all? Forget about it. Do you realize how many people in WoW log on just to collect flying mounts, so they can show off? Not to mention those who already have said rare mounts and sometimes spent months, even years, collecting them? No way, that would be as bad for WoW' sub numbers as the RMAH for D3.
    Go use your flying mounts in other zones. You can still fly there.

10+ Year Old Account

That's a bit extreme. Seeing how we aren't flying from 90-100. Or 'til 6.1 for that matter. So why the removal if it's a luxury at 100?

If one truly is that progressed then they'll be at the instance gate before the raid actually starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Yes. My bad. But I hope you got my point. Post leveling, I will lag behind if i choose not to fly and my whole guild/raid/friends chooses to fly. I will be alone and I know I don't want to be.

Flying or No Flying is not entirely i your hands. You have go with your guild/raid/friends.
    You'd lag behind in what? Seeing the world from above? Yes. Not much else.