10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    there is no evidence of this.

argus used arcane magic in almost every part of their lives for thousands of years.
    the highbourne used arcane magic for thousands of years with no major problems
    dalaran has been around for hundreds if not thousands of years and has had no major problems.
    quel'thalas has used arcane magic for thousands of years with no major problems
    pandaria has used arcane magic for thousands of years with no major problems.

fel magic is not the same as arcane magic, that is not cannon. its a different form of magic.
    arcane magic uses the will of its caster to bend reality
    fel magic takes life and converts it to energy, using it drains life from its user and the life around it. blizzard considers it a completely different school of magic.

being addicted to something doesnt make it corrupting. you can become addicted to any form of magic, the high elves didnt become addicted to the arcane because they were using the arcane, they became addicted because the sunwell was literally pumping their bodies with magic 24/7 since their birth and it got taken away.

pain killers on their own are not corrupting. if you get pumped with pain killers 24/7 and then one say someone just shuts them off you will go through withdrawals. not because pain killers are corrupting, but because your body grew dependent on something.

if somebody pumped their body with holy magic or druidic magic or elemental magic the same thing would happen
    I dont see the point of this conversation and I dont think you read my post anyway because I addressed all the issues and counterarguments you listed. I wont further this conversation because it's getting too off topic
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

I was messin' with the San'layn model.

If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Very nice images OP. I've always wanted to roll a Dark Iron Dwarf so I like this feature.

However some races don't really have "sub-races". I'm thinking humans, blood-elves, gnomes, worgen, goblins, maybe night elves too. How would you make sub-races for them without breaking lore?
    humans- other then color racial differences[black, white, asian, indian, etc), vrykrul
    blood elves- wretched, (death knight only- san lain)
    gnomes- leper gnome, mechagnome
    worgen- old worgen style..... i still feel worgen druids should have wolf form instead of cat form.
    goblins- gilblins
    night elves- high elves, shen'dalar

Quote Originally Posted by shockzine View Post
    blood elves- wretched, (death knight only- san lain)
    wretched are canibals and mads; dark fallen are canibals and evils the power of the sunwell is holly light the undead are damaged by it

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    wretched are canibals and mads; dark fallen are canibals and evils the power of the sunwell is holly light the undead are damaged by it
    All your base are belong to us.
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    I'd rather have felblood elves than wretched. Wretched are just degenerated, crazed blood elves who succumed to magical addiction. They're basically just magic crack-heads.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Well... forsakens are also canibals, also they could said that with a little bit of the power of the sunwell they got their sanity back (or at least part of it) -You know the Sunwell now is made of light, so is possible for it to cure somethings

Also they look cool (not in game)

The Dark Fallen could be part of the Forsaken, and no the dark fallen are not evil, they are as bad as the forsaken, no more no less...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    I'd rather have felblood elves than wretched. Wretched are just degenerated, crazed blood elves who succumed to magical addiction. They're basically just magic crack-heads.
    I love the idea of felblood elves, but how will you explain to have Felblood elves paladin and priest (it could be explained the priest Felblood elves in the same way we have priest forsaken -Most of them shadow priests-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I'm not a fan of the idea of the blood elves having much of their culture and lore revolve around the 'Light', either. It'd feel like a cheap cop out designed to force them into the Army of Light that's supposedly being built up for a final confrontation with the Burning Legion. They've suffered quite a lot at the hands of demonic beings so they...don't really need a contrived reason to fight them.

Would I be opposed to an 'angelic' race being added in the future, though? Not at all - they could potentially be interesting, especially if they were shown to be pretty ruthless and zealous in their crusade against actual and perceived evil. That's the only sort of 'holy' archetype I generally enjoy, though.
    The Blood elves will most like revolve around the light, even now the Sunwell use the light and no arcane magic anymore...

Also it would be really cool but that will also make them an anty-horde race, why? Orcs (Green skin because they consumed fel magic), BE (Green eyes because they consumed fel magic), Forsaken (Ressurected using necromancy -dark magic-), Trolls (Base their culture around many types of spiritual magic, most of it needs the use of dark magic), and so on :P

As cool as San'layn are, they were like, incredibly small in number, and I just don't feel them as player race material. I'd personally rather we just get undead elves like Dark Rangers, I think San'layn would need completely custom models and animations to be done justice and not be some weird token shoehorn. An undead elf could just be some skins, and maybe they tweak it so you start out in the Forsaken starting area with a special intro over how special it is to find an elven corpse suitable for reanimation, I dunno. It seems more realistic to me as something to hope for, but eat your heart out. The San'layn would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    As cool as San'layn are, they were like, incredibly small in number, and I just don't feel them as player race material. I'd personally rather we just get undead elves like Dark Rangers, I think San'layn would need completely custom models and animations to be done justice and not be some weird token shoehorn. An undead elf could just be some skins, and maybe they tweak it so you start out in the Forsaken starting area with a special intro over how special it is to find an elven corpse suitable for reanimation, I dunno. It seems more realistic to me as something to hope for, but eat your heart out. The San'layn would.
    Well... we really don't know how many San'layn are left, there's a couple of San'layn prince that are missing, so they may also have been out there with a big number of Dark fallen or maybe they created more, also if they join the Forsaken, they could easily ressurect more Dark fallens...

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    [IG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/evilknick/WoW/Dark_Ranger_zpsb2730301.jpg[/IMG]
    I don't think 'small in number' ever stopped Blizzard from making a race playable or not. The Horde Goblins technically all were slaves on the same boat. Sylvanas accepting the San'layn into her Forsaken would make for some really interesting Undead v. Blood Elf relations, there would be no way Lorthemar would be cool with it and it would be awesome to watch.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I don't think 'small in number' ever stopped Blizzard from making a race playable or not. The Horde Goblins technically all were slaves on the same boat. Sylvanas accepting the San'layn into her Forsaken would make for some really interesting Undead v. Blood Elf relations, there would be no way Lorthemar would be cool with it and it would be awesome to watch.
    Well he may not be against the San'layn, the problem is... that they will have to ressurect Blood Elves to make them San'layn and we already know that Lorthemar is against the idea of ressurecting BE

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I don't think 'small in number' ever stopped Blizzard from making a race playable or not. The Horde Goblins technically all were slaves on the same boat.
    Isn't it obvious? Goblins perfected "bigger on the inside" technology. That boat was large enough on the inside to house trillions of goblins!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Horde would be silly but in the end, for NE, a slot is just a slot, isn't it?
    They're a completely different race, and the exact same race as the Blood Elves. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They're a race weather you like it or not.
    Yes, specifically they are the race that Blood Elves are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amozabael View Post
    It's more like blood elves are a faction, not a race. If I recall correctly, the blood elves' origins are high elves who renamed themselves into blood elves to pay tribute to those who fell defending Silvermoon from the scourge attack.

So I'd say, as far as who came first, High elves are the race while blood elves are an offshoot faction.
    High Elves are a race, the dominant faction of which is called Blood Elves.

A much smaller faction of non-Blood High Elves exists. So small it doesn't even have a proper name...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Isn't it obvious? Goblins perfected "bigger on the inside" technology. That boat was large enough on the inside to house trillions of goblins!
    Well Jastor Gallywix is the leader of the Bilgewater Cartel and it is one of the biggest goblin cartels, so is possible that many Bilgewater goblins where not even in Kezan and they when Jastor Gallywix joined the horde they also became part of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Staring at the tweet, trying to figure out what does the "cont" mean.
    He's calling you a cont! Are you going to take that from him!?

Pretty sure it's "continued", like "etc".

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The Arcane is neutral. Fel has always been demonic of sorts.
    The Arcane used to corrupt too, but that's been largely forgotten since fel magic came along and sort of took its place. Or retconned when I wasn't watching.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Town in a box in a boat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

The Arcane used to corrupt too, but that's been largely forgotten since fel magic came along and sort of took its place. Or retconned when I wasn't watching.
    While many elements differ between the RPG and game canon, this is especially true for information on arcane and divine magic. Though the origin of the sources of magic is the same, their implementation and effect on the world is wholly different. Most notably, in the RPG, Divine magic is overall good, while arcane magic is overall bad. In canon, arcane magic still has more corruptive elements than divine magic, but it is not corruptive in and of itself.

That's your answer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    In canon, arcane magic still has more corruptive elements than divine magic, but it is not corruptive in and of itself.
    Basically, arcane is addictive and can be highly dangerous if you overdose on it (actively corruptive even). However, as long as you remain focused, you should be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I partially agree, but numbers has never been a problem since the Sin'dorei "lost" 90% of their race (I think they consider the San'layn, Dark Ranger and Death Knight Elves as lost to). The Gnomes lost 80% of their populace, the Draenei, Shu'halo and Orcs are near extinction and the Darkspear Tribe is only, what, 300 members big?

Anyway, now that different models don't play a role anymore thanks to MoP, I feel the Forsaken should get playable undeath Dwarves, Sin'dorei and Gnomes to, since those are the only races that are considered "true Forsaken" (and the races they where allied with when they all died to the Scourge).

They could make the Forsaken Dwarves, Gnomes and Sin'dorei distinct by giving them red or yellow glowing eyes and only the Death Knight/Dark Ranger skins to choose from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    I partially agree, but numbers has never been a problem since the Sin'dorei "lost" 90% of their race (I think they consider the San'layn, Dark Ranger and Death Knight Elves as lost to). The Gnomes lost 80% of their populace, the Draenei, Shu'halo and Orcs are near extinction and the Darkspear Tribe is only, what, 300 members big?

Anyway, now that different models don't play a role anymore thanks to MoP, I feel the Forsaken should get playable undeath Dwarves, Sin'dorei and Gnomes to, since those are the only races that are considered "true Forsaken" (and the races they where allied with when they all died to the Scourge).

They could make the Forsaken Dwarves, Gnomes and Sin'dorei distinct by giving them red or yellow glowing eyes and only the Death Knight/Dark Ranger skins to choose from.
    That will never happen, cause that's almost giving the horde 2 alliance races :S (It could happen with the Blood Elves)

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    fel magic is not arcane magic, and arcane magic doesnt corrupt.

all magic causes addiction if you are ingesting it/infusing yourself with it, even druidic magic and elemental/spirit magic.

however just using arcane will not corrupt you, the titans tasked malygos and beings like the doomguards to police magic because magic can be abused, not because magic corrupts.

the titans actively used arcane magic to fuel and create their inventions.

the only magics to actually corrupt people nomatter what is fel magic and shadow/void magic. arcane magic is only shown to corrupt people when its used in necromancy and its not completely clear whether or not necromancy is actually arcane magic or void magic or its own form of magic itself.

- - - Updated - - -

kosak and copeland have said that blizzard is putting together a short story/novel/blogpost that will go into detail about what each school of magic is and what it does and where it comes from so hopefully the lines between the magics will be addressed better.

we already know now that monks use the exact same magic as shamans do without having to call upon elementals so thats kind of cool
    Fel is arcane. Druidic and shamanistic magic will never ever corrupt you. There's no source on this at all. There are a lot of example of arcane's corruptions. Before arguing on this point people need to know that Arcane is the source that could be manipulated into many types of magic. Fel,necromancy,fire,ice,time and more. All of these are fundamentally arcane. Druidism use the force of Azeroth and Shaman use elements from elemental spirits. Both of them do not use arcane.

Oh and Necromancy IS arcane. http://wowpedia.org/The_Schools_of_A...c_-_Necromancy
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2014-03-13 at 03:11 PM.