Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    Can do about the same as disc /shrug

I mean, it's cool they made healing specs viable for doing dailies etc but they still aren't even close to performing at a DPS level (except holy AoE on malkorok! )
    Except that one time Chastise Chakra was so good that all Shadow Priests were going Holy because they can heal/use good healing cooldowns and do the same DPS.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Malkorok...
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=379&e=625

Why would i want to trade off 150k or more dps? Alreadydoing above 100k hps as is.

I like the idea of holy pushing some cute numbers while smiting - but it suffers even more from movement than shadow in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Disc actually has similar to or better single target dps than holy, AoE damage obviously holy wins out since they get a damage buff to mind sear and disc doesn't.
    Holy should straight up be higher both single target and AoE - for single target holy benefits from evangelism as well as chastise chakra whereas disc only benefits from evangelism. The only thing disc really has over holy single target are the SoO set bonuses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Except that one time Chastise Chakra was so good that all Shadow Priests were going Holy because they can heal/use good healing cooldowns and do the same DPS.
    That was only really for AoE though, single target holy has been good but it hasn't been far and away more than disc. The chakra multiplier on mindsear was just silly though - and did more than shadow. The only progress fight I ever used it for was mel'jarak though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalorna View Post
    Holy should straight up be higher both single target and AoE - for single target holy benefits from evangelism as well as chastise chakra whereas disc only benefits from evangelism. The only thing disc really has over holy single target are the SoO set bonuses.
    holy only can pull ahead due to its higher chance for better dps itemization (haste+low mastery/spirit)

and remember penance and train of thought

smite: 0.856sp

penance: 3.36 sp

yes, it hits that fucking hard and assuming you get 1 about every 7-ish seconds with train of thought pulled in

6.333 smites over 9.5s (x1.5)= 8.13sp

5 smites over 7.5s+ 1 penance 2s = 7.64sp

there's some more advantage in holy's ability to dps (especially with their 50% stronger Halos and shadow words), but once you include movement and stuff (which disc handles better) and disc's 10% crit bonus (although if going for full dps no archangels might be preferable), unless the holy is gearing for a dps advantage, you should have fairly comparable (maybe holy overall 10% stronger if it never stops dpsing) results single target, especially since the holy gearing scheme outside of 10man (where having a healing locked out good healing for 30s isn't a good idea often) is kind of anti-dps

holy does have a pretty nice potential though and as stated before- being able to pop healing stuff then go to dps then go back to healing (especially on something like thok or garrosh) with a high crit+haste build could be pretty cool and would definitely pull a lot of dmg

also I may have missed some passive that either spec might have for spellpower
    and I don't think holy fire would be too large of a difference, but it's an extra 0.6 smites that can be used while moving every 10s, but is some extra gain towards holy dps
    Last edited by ryklin; 2014-03-10 at 02:52 PM.

I haven't played Holy in forever, so this is an honest snark-free question: Since when (post MoP talent change) does Holy get Evangelism?

Since MoP beta start where atonement was a glyph and archangel was a talent and it was accessible by all 3 specs.