Quote Originally Posted by Jothium View Post
    And watch as all the people before Cata go like: hell yeah this is f*cking nice
    and all the people since Cata go like: omg Imma quit
    I'm curious as to what you base this on. I hate ground travel, I like flying mounts and I've played WoW since vanilla beta.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post

No, not really, they have said they didn't like flying as far back at Wrath. And oh Nalak, big deal, it's far less, just like timeless isle will be dead save a few bored people who want houlon's mount

Oh, really? They have said they didn't like flying as far back as at Wrath, and yet they've implemented it in WoTLK, Cataclysm, and Mists of Pandaria. Deal with it, Blizzard is wishy-washy as fuq. They change their design philosophy around every expansion by a whopping 180 degrees. Sometimes even patch by patch. (i.e. 4.0 to 4.1)

This instability is most annoying of all. One expansion, they'll cheer on "the casual revolution", and then another, they'll state that the hardcore core of the game is most important, and that everything should be difficult to do.

I cannot for the life of me understand why the people who like to explore want flying mounts gone.

If you want to explore, then don't fucking fly. Its absurd that because you lack the self control to do what you want the rest of us have to suffer.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Oh, really? They have said they didn't like flying as far back as at Wrath, and yet they've implemented it in WoTLK, Cataclysm, and Mists of Pandaria. Deal with it, Blizzard is wishy-washy as fuq. They change their design philosophy around every expansion by a whopping 180 degrees. Sometimes even patch by patch. (i.e. 4.0 to 4.1)

This instability is most annoying of all. One expansion, they'll cheer on "the casual revolution", and then another, they'll state that the hardcore core of the game is most important, and that everything should be difficult to do.
    Part of what keeps WoW so interesting, you never know which way it is gonna go.

It may also have a lot to do with the fact that they brought back all the Titan people to work on WoD who are all oldschool. And Greg quit.

Ps. they have said they regret it, but feel they can't remove it since it's in... kind of like social security. this is an attempt to ween it a little.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Which should be proof that flying won't be taken away forever. but uhhh, I am gonna laugh at people with their bought mounts.

As for them, you bought them for current content when it was current. It's no longer current, I guess it just sucks to be you.
    Or someone that paid extra to blizzard beyond their sub thinking I love that flying mount but alas, blizzard says I can't use it in current content for some random number of months and well past max level.

If I was one of those people (and I ain't) I would never consider spending money in the cash shop again knowing at anytime blizzard might just limit what you spent money on.

True, but in Vanilla and TBC flying was hard.

5kg back in TBC wasn't easy to do, you had that slow ass 60% mount, that you used to reach high places and that was it.

I honestly wish they went back to TBC style, 60% / 280% but make 280% like 50kg

SNP......
    I wish blizzard had better thinking quest designs that could work with flying like we had in past expansions and not remove flying for a limited amount of time at max level just so players would see the bushes and trees they spawned a little longer than normal.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-03-10 at 02:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarjack View Post
    I cannot for the life of me understand why the people who like to explore want flying mounts gone.

If you want to explore, then don't fucking fly. Its absurd that because you lack the self control to do what you want the rest of us have to suffer.
    What about gathering professions, questing, dalies, rares, random events, real-time senarios, treasure chests. What about those?
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Part of what keeps WoW so interesting, you never know which way it is gonna go.

It may also have a lot to do with the fact that they brought back all the Titan people to work on WoD who are all oldschool. And Greg quit.

No, what you're talking about is development. Yes, WoW is a MMO, a living, breathing thing. It evolves. Wishy-washy change of design philosophies from catering solely to one group to another, as if everyone in charge at Blizzard has borderline personality disorder, is not evolution. So I wholly disagree.

And Greg was the only one I've ever seen that confessed his disliking for flying mounts. So I'm not sure how Greg leaving meant they could go ahead and remove flying mounts, given that he would've probably welcomed the removal of flying mounts with open arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Whats being taken away is flying at max level in current content so yes, something is being removed at the expense of the paying gamer. Who BTW, paid a little extra beyond his sub to get an interesting flying mount that he can not use at max level in relevant content. Which, if you have been playing WOW for about 7 years, you have always been able to do.

So it's not that hard of a stretch to think many have that in mind.
    But thats ridiculous. You have never flown in WoD, so it can't be taken away from you. I bought vanilla wow to play the current content, but then they released expac so I couldn't play the current content anymore, should I get my money back? No, because everything I paid is still there for me to play on, nothing was taken away. It's the exact same thing with mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or someone that paid extra to blizzard beyond their sub thinking I love that flying mount but alas, blizzard says I can't use it in current content for some random number of months and well past max level.

If I was one of those people (and I ain't) I would never consider spending money in the cash shop again knowing at anytime blizzard might just limit what you spent money on.

Good, honestly. /shrug not like anyone actually looks at a store mount and says aww cool. Or screw that guy the lucky bastard.

We all know this is the mentailty of 99.99% of people. Don't lie, no one buys a corvette to go fast in the burbs at a whole 45 miles per hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Near the end of the interview they hint at no flying throughout the entire xpac.
    Pretty sure if that's the way it goes, the backlash will be immense.

Blizzard is stupid sometimes, but there's no way they're this stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, what you're talking about is development. Yes, WoW is a MMO, a living, breathing thing. It evolves. Wishy-washy change of design philosophies from catering solely to one group to another, as if everyone in charge at Blizzard has borderline personality disorder, is not evolution. So I wholly disagree.

And Greg was the only one I've ever seen that confessed his disliking for flying mounts. So I'm not sure how Greg leaving meant they could go ahead and remove flying mounts, given that he would've probably welcomed the removal of flying mounts with open arms.
    Greg I'm sure also had nothing to do with flying mounts. He took on the burden of being the sole voice of Blizzard. I'm sure he's not the only one who thinks that.

Only reciently have we seen a wider variety of speakers. Like Ion, I like that guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post

According to whom? If the only thing keeping you playing this game is the ability to fly, I think you need to reconsider your life choices

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Oh joy, going afk on flight paths is so much fun and immersive.
    And auto flying to everywhere you like is?

I couldn't care less. Travel is travel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    And auto flying to everywhere you like is?

I couldn't care less. Travel is travel.
    At least now I won't tab out while flying, forget and end up 10 miles off the coast with fatigue

- - - Updated - - -

I wish blizzard had better thinking quest designs that could work with flying like we had in past expansions and not remove flying for a limited amount of time at max level just so players would see the bushes and trees they spawned a little longer than normal.
    I'll say it again, they are pretty much adding all the crap Gw2 has. that stuff would be trivial with flying. It really has nothing to do with exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post

No backlash when they sell level 90's, huge backlash when they won't let you fly on your mounts... I doubt it.

Greg I'm sure also had nothing to do with flying mounts. He took on the burden of being the sole voice of Blizzard. I'm sure he's not the only one who thinks that.

Only reciently have we seen a wider variety of speakers. Like Ion, I like that guy.

Neither does it mean that everyone at Blizzard is against flying mounts. You simply can't make those assumptions.

Hell Blizzard,
    Take LFR out while you're at it and watch the subs drop. Then maybe we'll have more people who care to play the game, rather then the carried. lol
    Silly me and my fantasies.

SNIP... no one buys a corvette to go fast in the burbs at a whole 45 miles per hour.
    Clearly you have never driven a corvette if all you're doing is driving slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Geish View Post
    But thats ridiculous. You have never flown in WoD, so it can't be taken away from you. I bought vanilla wow to play the current content, but then they released expac so I couldn't play the current content anymore, should I get my money back? No, because everything I paid is still there for me to play on, nothing was taken away. It's the exact same thing with mounts.
    You have flown at max level. IS that hard to understand? Removing it now just seems petty and then to only get it back months later and well after you reached max level making all the reasons it was removed rather pointless.

Does he have a fairly solid reason to get a refund, I think he does. He didn't buy that mount to rid it on the ground I bet and since we could fly at max level for nearly 7 years, I bet he thought he could fly in current content once he reached max level.

I think he has a valid point in asking for a refund.

I'm not going to argue in circles about why this decision is just fine, but I will say if you quit for this reason your absurd. Who plays wow to just fly around and that's it. The game doesn't depend on it at all. Travel time shouldn't be a problem as well because flight paths aren't going away. It's a change yea, but a necessary one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither does it mean that everyone at Blizzard is against flying mounts. You simply can't make those assumptions.
    Yes I can, it is called logic. Seeing, no wait. Seeing as they are taking it away for 6.0, kinda makes you think they prooooobably don't like it

10+ Year Old Account
    Greg said he regretted it and would have seen it implemented differently. He was also very careful to use 'I' instead of 'we' on those tweets, to establish it as his own personal opinion. And, as he tweeted, WoW wasn't his personal fiefdom. If he had half as much control as this forum thinks he did, we would be playing Nerubians and Mantid by now.

On-topic, frankly, ground travel bores the hell out of me. The same rock formation doesn't get more interesting the fifth time I ride past it regardless of what mount I'm using, and even showing off some of my less-common mounts like the Argent Tourney stuff gets old after a while. Mob packs in WoW aren't dangerous at level cap and frankly never will be, outside endgame zones like Isle of Thunder/Timeless Isle, because they have to be balanced for the average questing player in that zone's questing gear. Three Spinning Crane Kicks and a Fists of Fury later, the annoyance is over with and I'm back on track.

So all this talk from Blizzard about reintroducing danger to the world by confining us to ground mounts for a patch is a bunch of bupkiss, especially on PvE/RP-PvE servers where we'll be getting a deflag option where nothing will flag us for PvP or allow us to attack another player outside BGs/Arenas. It's not dangerous when I can steamroll the poor bastards that aggro on my monk who makes a hobby of beating things five times her size to death barefisted, nor is it terribly difficult to learn the terrain and the fastest way around it. If it's because they want flying to feel like a reward, that's their prerogative and I had an easier time swallowing that line. If it's an attempt to revitalize world PvP, more power to them but it won't affect my gameplay outside constraining me to my ground mounts and flight paths.

This isn't a dealbreaker in the face of everything else Warlords is bringing to the table, but it's certainly a strong incentive to just chill in my Garrison or the cities and RP between dungeon and LFR queues and maybe spend ten minutes exploring 'til 6.1 hits and I can explore every nook and cranny of Draenor at my leisure.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!