Thread: Pokémon!

And regarding WoW doomsayers and the likes...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    i pre purchased digital deluxe, time to quit wow
    WoD or ESO?

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Yes. That's a better way of putting things. xD

I love MMOC's ignore function though. It's super great for these sorts of things. More websites need it. >.>

- - - Updated - - -

On Pokemon topics: I'm looking at egg moves for Poochyena and I dunno whether or not I like the idea of springing for the Fangs. I also can't decide between Intimidate and Moxie. This is not for a compeitive 'mon, just a playthrough 'mon, so I'm pretty unsure. :/
    For playthrough stuff, I tend to do ones like Moxie. you don't really need to setup, you just get a kill and automatically get boosts!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    On Pokemon topics: I'm looking at egg moves for Poochyena and I dunno whether or not I like the idea of springing for the Fangs. I also can't decide between Intimidate and Moxie. This is not for a compeitive 'mon, just a playthrough 'mon, so I'm pretty unsure. :/
    Moxie for walkthrough with 3 elemental fangs + crunch is amazing coverage and will easily oneshot most trainers. Don't see much point in intimidate unless you nuzlocke or something. Snubbull can learn all 3 fangs through heartscale and can breed with poochyena.

10+ Year Old Account

Man, I hope they'd do Aegislash too

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like, if you're on a fan site, you should expect people who are instantly on the defense about WoW even if no one's "attacking" it. Similarly, the people who want to start fights with those kinds of people will also rear their heads.

My solution is to ignore them. xD I quit WoW quietly, because no one fuckin' cares about whether or not you actually play, and if they do, they're one of those lunatics I try to avoid. And when I talk about WildStar, iiiiiiit's talk about WildStar, not WoW (unless you're with company who can handle comparing games without going into a frothing mess.)

I actually had to leave the WildStar thread because of people making said frothing messes all the time. That thread is really negative from both sides of the spectrum and I hate it.
    How so on that thread?

Being off topic again though, I still play wow, but I'm significantly bored (kinda, been playing the lock class for the 4-5th time, they are very fun to play as, also getting some mounts and such, but to no avail)

Which realm where u from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    For playthrough stuff, I tend to do ones like Moxie. you don't really need to setup, you just get a kill and automatically get boosts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Moxie for walkthrough with 3 elemental fangs + crunch is amazing coverage and will easily oneshot most trainers. Don't see much point in intimidate unless you nuzlocke or something. Snubbull can learn all 3 fangs through heartscale and can breed with poochyena.
    Okay, so is Moxie really that great? Perhaps when paired with the coverage from the fangs (he can also learn poison fang, by the way xD) it gives him staying power, but in general he's kind of frail, and I often try to swap away if I'm going to faint. I've never used a Moxie 'mon, though, so maybe it could be interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    How so on that thread?

Being off topic again though, I still play wow, but I'm significantly bored (kinda, been playing the lock class for the 4-5th time, they are very fun to play as, also getting some mounts and such, but to no avail)

Which realm where u from?
    I can't really explain it here without naming and shaming and just being generally negative, which is the opposite of my intentions, so just go look at it for the last like 300 pages. ;P

I played on Blackwater Raiders (US) for nearly 5 or 6 years or something, I can't remember anymore. I guess it would have been 5 years on BWR, 2008 to 2013, and previous to that I only played on private servers.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Deleted
    Hmmm mightyena learns play rough and poison fang too. Poison fang only 50BP so rubbish, but play rough well worth it imo, no? All his other moves seem to really suck TM-wise or by level-up. I couldn't imagine not breeding those 4 on to him till he learns crunch and then cry as you don't know what to unlearn.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so is Moxie really that great? Perhaps when paired with the coverage from the fangs (he can also learn poison fang, by the way xD) it gives him staying power, but in general he's kind of frail, and I often try to swap away if I'm going to faint. I've never used a Moxie 'mon, though, so maybe it could be interesting.
    Most pokemon will get OHKO from a super-effective move unless they're on the bulky side. Once you're at +1 I doubt there's a lot of pokemon that don't get oneshot with that coverage. Maybe super-bulk like avalugg, and even then... Easy/smooth walkthroughs have always been about coverage, then with correct nature and EV's/IV's and bam, oneshot all the pokemon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's my main problemw ith his egg moves. he has a lot of really interesting ones, and I don't fuckin' know which ones ot go with! xD

I probably wouldn't need fire fang, because he's gonna have a Blaziken team member. But poison fang on a dark type, being able to take out the Fairies that would give him shit? That's pretty appealing. If only the power on it wasn't so bad.

Thunder Fang would be 100% great, definitely yes on that one. That team lacks electric moves (the current incarnation has the Gardevoir with Thunderbolt.) Ice Fang would be.. cool. Azumarill was my ice 'mon on that old team, but the new one can't have it because she's going to be all physical now that I'm not dumb and I know what Huge Power does.

Play Rough is very appealing. 90 power move. @_@

- - - Updated - - -

Most pokemon will get OHKO from a super-effective move unless they're on the bulky side. Once you're at +1 I doubt there's a lot of pokemon that don't get oneshot with that coverage. Maybe super-bulk like avalugg, and even then... Easy/smooth walkthroughs have always been about coverage, then with correct nature and EV's/IV's and bam, oneshot all the pokemon.
    Yar, I'm definitely looking for coverage here. I mainly only do playthroughs, and over the years, I've learned that sometimes ignoring STAB for a move that just completes your team is the way to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm. How about Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Crunch, Play Rough?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, actually, he's going to have 2 teammates that are Fairy type now. I forgot about that, Maybe he doesn't need Play Rough.

hmmm.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

Deleted
    Well, bite and then later on crunch is a no-brainer I suppose because of STAB. Play rough being fairy move is amazing to hit fighting and dark pokemon that resist your STAB. Poison fang may look interesting to hit fairies, but given how play rough has 90 base power and super-effective poison fang 100 base power, I don't see much point in it to be honest. What fairy is resistant to fairy type? Fire/fairy doesn't exist I think and klefki/mawile are immune to poison fang (while still half damage from play rough) so yeah... Ice/fire/thunder fang, pick 2 will be hardest choice.
    Although I love ice typing in general I think it's the one that is least needed. Fire will hit grass super-effective too, fairy on dragons and thunder on flying. Only thing you'd miss out on would be ground types. But yeah, just breed play rough and 3 elemental fangs, there really isn't discussion for that wrt a playthrough mightyena.

I had moxie on Scrafty in Gen 5, and it was nice. Especially for things like the Elite 4, he could just steamroll them after a boost or two.

Basically, Moxie raises your attack by 1 (so you're doing 1.5x damage instead of 1). The next kill, you'll be at 2, then 2.5, etc. I think for normal play-throughs it's much better than intimidate.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    You put forth a very good argument for keeping Play Rough, that's for sure.

I'm also partial to fire over ice, because I just like the type more. I suppose I could just (as you suggest) breed Fire/Thunder/Ice/PR and then see which one suits me best once it's time for him to get crunchin'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I had moxie on Scrafty in Gen 5, and it was nice. Especially for things like the Elite 4, he could just steamroll them after a boost or two.

Basically, Moxie raises your attack by 1 (so you're doing 1.5x damage instead of 1). The next kill, you'll be at 2, then 2.5, etc. I think for normal play-throughs it's much better than intimidate.
    Cool, cool. I'll go Moxie and see how it suits me. Not like I will never use another Mightyena again after this one. <3 the canines.

Deleted
    Rage @ viscoe. First plan was to replay my X game with "awesome shiny" team (read: shinies that really stand out compared to their normal form). After that I swayed to human-like shiny team more (electivire, pangoro, etc.)
    And now that I have been staring at the mightyena serebii page for a bit, I'm leaning towards a golden shiny team. Le sigh. Anyone has a full list of golden shinies? Steelix/mightyena/ferrothorn of the top of my head.
    Edit: electivire close enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no what have I done! xD

I actually really prefer normal Mightyena to shiny Mightyena. I think.. I.. i feel like shiny mightyena looks like he rolled in poop

BUT

Altaria and Klefki are two golden shinies I can think of off the top of my head. Also, Vulpix and Magikarp if you want to go for things you never evolve. :P

Edit: Pidgeot, Fearow, Arbok.

Edit2: FUCKING ARCANINE HOW DID I NOT LIST HIM FIRST

Deleted

Golden? Looks like bronze more. And klefki is probably "meh" for walkthrough. Same with ferrothorn (although less so).

10+ Year Old Account
    Look a thing

YMMV, because Gen 6 is slightly off-colored compared to older gens. Things generally look more pastel colored now.

Deleted
    Look a thing

YMMV, because Gen 6 is slightly off-colored compared to older gens. Things generally look more pastel colored now.
    Sweet thanks for URL. Can easily make a golden team out of this.

Deleted
    Oh no what have I done! xD

I actually really prefer normal Mightyena to shiny Mightyena. I think.. I.. i feel like shiny mightyena looks like he rolled in poop

BUT

Altaria and Klefki are two golden shinies I can think of off the top of my head. Also, Vulpix and Magikarp if you want to go for things you never evolve. :P

Edit: Pidgeot, Fearow, Arbok.

Edit2: FUCKING ARCANINE HOW DID I NOT LIST HIM FIRST
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Where's Angelo? ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Deleted
    Rage @ viscoe. First plan was to replay my X game with "awesome shiny" team (read: shinies that really stand out compared to their normal form). After that I swayed to human-like shiny team more (electivire, pangoro, etc.)
    And now that I have been staring at the mightyena serebii page for a bit, I'm leaning towards a golden shiny team. Le sigh. Anyone has a full list of golden shinies? Steelix/mightyena/ferrothorn of the top of my head.
    Edit: electivire close enough.
    Klefki, Forretress, Pidgeot, Cacturne, Luvdisc, Azumarill, Probopass at least

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Where's Angelo? ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    He still isn't born. I stopped breeding because I'm salty now.

I popped out like 250 a few days ago and didn't get any. /hasgivenup

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Klefki, Forretress, Pidgeot, Cacturne, Luvdisc, Azumarill, Probopass at least
    I knew I was forgetting an important one.