Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What spec should I play? Armory link inside

I pull atleast 300k each fight in Frost Spec atm but I'm unsure what the best spec is for my ilvl right now. Any more experienced players could you give me some advice? Thanks

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...errigon/simple
    1/3 GM of Valar Morghulis Horde Torrent Mill EU

Deleted
    If you're a 559 frost mage who pulls a minimum of 300k each fight why would you want to change your spec?

Deleted
    Frost or arcane. Play which you're most comfortable with. The difference in optimal dps will be very small, however, arcane (especially on 10 man) is much more punishing, especially if you're not experienced on a boss.

Considering you're already used to frost, and the punishing nature of arcane, and not enough crit for fire, I'd stick to frost. When you get like 565 ilvl with a lot of crit items you could consider going fire. Keep in mind, even then, frost is still very close to fire, so pick what helps your raid the most, or you're most comfortable with.

Plain and simple - play the spec u like the most, and feel the most comfortable playing! - if u want the highest possible dmg you would wanna be arc/fire, but in general all 3 specs are quite close. Therefore frost is perfectly fine, if u enjoy playing it, and put out decent numbers for your guild

Deleted
    Your item level suggests Frost mage. But honestly play whatever you feel like! They are all very competitive

These type of threads need to be banned from the mage boards, it's getting a joke
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    These type of threads need to be banned from the mage boards, it's getting a joke
    I'll have a thread up within the week to answer this question objectively in a few days! Worry not.

If you are looking for the best DPS, ignoring how difficult it can be, Arcane or Fire. On single target fights they are, on average, the same. Frost is not close to either arcane or fire in terms of DPS on a single target fight. It is 100% viable though (and for other reasons might be preferred depending on the fight and what your guild struggles with!), so you don't have to change unless you want to be shooting for the highest DPS possible.
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2014-03-10 at 09:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    I'll have a thread up within the week to answer this question objectively in a few days! Worry not.

If you are looking for the best DPS, ignoring how difficult it can be, Arcane or Fire. On single target fights they are, on average, the same. Frost is not close to either arcane or fire in terms of DPS on a single target fight. It is 100% viable though (and for other reasons might be preferred depending on the fight and what your guild struggles with!), so you don't have to change unless you want to be shooting for the highest DPS possible.
    There is one up already

Quote Originally Posted by Berlinia View Post
    There is one up already
    You offer subjective opinions, I'll bring stats to back up my thoughts.

Deleted
    Ah you want such a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Berlinia View Post
    Ah you want such a thread.
    Right. I think you did an awesome job of summarizing how the specs play and the pros/cons that come from the play styles. I only disagree with the DPS comparisons you drew (which I think can only come from empirical analysis). We seek to answer different questions is all.

Deleted
    Right. I think you did an awesome job of summarizing how the specs play and the pros/cons that come from the play styles. I only disagree with the DPS comparisons you drew (which I think can only come from empirical analysis). We seek to answer different questions is all.
    Yea i understand!!

- - - Updated - - -

Yea i understand!!

If your stats are 60th percentile again, I probably wouldn't bother
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

If your stats are 60th percentile again, I probably wouldn't bother
    They're not.

Deleted
    They're not.
    If they're 70th percentile I honestly wouldn't bother either.

Quote Originally Posted by Draghonfourt View Post
    I haven't taken anything from Raidbots.

HAHAHAA I love you man

Deleted
    I haven't taken anything from Raidbots.
    To be frank, if you post your research I'll have an honest look at it, and review it objectively. You don't need to announce yourself in every topic as a saviour though, and many things that you post are indeed questionable at best. Of course that doesn't mean that you're not entitled to an opinion, it does mean that you might wish to consider what you post a bit easier. Not everybody who reads these forums reads critically, they simply copy.

HAHAHAA I love you man
    We make a good team, why are you not on IRC?

10+ Year Old Account
    why is this a thread?

Sorry to be rude OP - but this type of thread won't give you any type of answer. Please check the guides and go to websites like warcraftlogs.com and worldoflogs.com to look at what each class can do on various fights-- then try to form your own opinion.

To be frank, if you post your research I'll have an honest look at it, and review it objectively. You don't need to announce yourself in every topic as a saviour though, and many things that you post are indeed questionable at best. Of course that doesn't mean that you're not entitled to an opinion, it does mean that you might wish to consider what you post a bit easier. Not everybody who reads these forums reads critically, they simply copy.

We make a good team, why are you not on IRC?
    Point taken.