Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    For people wondering Restorative Amber
    Too lazy to find the link :-D Just pop it once you get out of fight and the tank can go start pulling again. You will stay in amber an reggen while you are infight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungzten View Post
    Too lazy to find the link :-D Just pop it once you get out of fight and the tank can go start pulling again. You will stay in amber an reggen while you are infight.
    Yeah, and you can just macro into Holy Shock or something the /cancelaura

Quote Originally Posted by Tungzten View Post
    Why would you go for the extra spirit? With the Klaxxi ember you reg mana so fast between pulls that I never need the extra spirit. At least if you are just going for gold times, maybe for server times you can't afford to drink in-between.
    Because when you can keep pulling that's just better than having to wait around. Do whatever works for you, but that set up does me fine.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

How do Healing trinkets rank ? (SH)
    Got H Thok Tooth, and Flex Amp/Samophlange.
    Thok seems to be purty bad seeing how it doesn't proc mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    How do Healing trinkets rank ? (SH)
    Got H Thok Tooth, and Flex Amp/Samophlange.
    Thok seems to be purty bad seeing how it doesn't proc mastery.
    Amp + Tooth unless you're low on mana then use the Samophlange.

Deleted
    In which hc fights does EF do better than SH? Also, haste breakpoints don't matter if you're going SH, right?

In which hc fights does EF do better than SH
    Malkorok hc.

Quote Originally Posted by LATER View Post
    In which hc fights does EF do better than SH? Also, haste breakpoints don't matter if you're going SH, right?
    First question: Malkorok and Spoils on 25 (remember, on Spoils you're a 10 man raid). Everything but Thok on 10.

Second question: No, they do not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    First question: Malkorok and Spoils on 25 (remember, on Spoils you're a 10 man raid). Everything but Thok on 10.

Second question: No, they do not.
    Even on sha and norushen? I've tried both and I do better with SH. (10 man)
    Also, if going EF would it be better to get more haste? Currently I've got the 2nd breakpoint and 45% mastery unbuffed.
    Last edited by mmoc76fba0f971; 2014-03-13 at 08:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LATER View Post
    Even on sha and norushen? I've tried both and I do better with SH. (10 man)
    Also, if going EF would it be better to get more haste? Currently I've got the 2nd breakpoint and 45% mastery unbuffed.
    EF is more HPS. Whether it is better or not is debatable. At least I used EF on all fights except for THok like nightfalls said and it worked wonders.

7170 haste BP should be fine, then all out int and/or mastery depending which you prefer. Some go for int, some for mastery.

Also it's not that SH is absolutely required on 10H Thok, but it is an option and many prefer it. EF can be used for Thok as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Amp + Tooth unless you're low on mana then use the Samophlange.
    I have Heroic Prismatic Prison of Pride, regular Thoks and regular Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity. Which 2 should I be using?

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    I only have a pally at 85 and haven't touched it in a while, but the beacon of light glyph got me interested. Would it be possible or even efficient to constantly swap beacon on cd by changing your focus target in between globals and macroing "/cast [@focus,exists] beacon of light" into most of your heals? That sounds like a lot of work and fun to me, but I'm not sure I'm not getting the wrong impression. I know the 3 second cooldown would be a big limitation, I'm mostly interested in if that's how the ability works.

Quote Originally Posted by Korosive View Post
    I have Heroic Prismatic Prison of Pride, regular Thoks and regular Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity. Which 2 should I be using?
    The Prismatic Prison (regardless of item level and yours is Heroic) is not even a question.

The previous poster was deciding between Heroic Thok and Flex Dysmorphic to which I suggested Heroic Thok (more Intellect/throughput) unless he had mana problems even with some extra spirit, in which case you'd go with a Dysmorphic (plus on fights where there is zero stacking).

For you, it's the reverse since your trinkets are both the same item level, a default should be the Dysmorphic unless you absolutely are stacked on mana for a fight (even with reforging out of spirit) AND it's a stacked fight (Thok comes to mind) in which case you can switch. As a good mnemonic, in general, Thok's trinket is good for his fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roflicerbob View Post
    I only have a pally at 85 and haven't touched it in a while, but the beacon of light glyph got me interested. Would it be possible or even efficient to constantly swap beacon on cd by changing your focus target in between globals and macroing "/cast [@focus,exists] beacon of light" into most of your heals?
    Why wouldn't you just cast the Beacon instead of constantly changing your focus?

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    Well I tested it out some, I was under the impression that beacon couldn't be cast mid global, that's not the case though, so a simple mouseover macro would work in that case. You can't however cast beacon while channeling a spell. If the spell finishes casting after the global ends then you would have to target/mouseover the person you wanted to beacon and then swap to the person you wanted to cast the heal on, wasting some efficiency over the course of a fight. Using a macro could allow you to cast beacon on one target and another spell on a different target simultaneously. You do run into some problems though using a focus as your target. If you put the focus cast of beacon before the heal in the macro it would freeze up your macro if beacon is on cd. I tried putting a "clearfocus" line after the heal as well as an "exists" with the focus beacon, but this caused me to lose my focus if I queued a spell up while casting. I don't really play holy pally anymore so I may just be sounding like a tard make things more complicated than they are.

Challenge Modes

Hey guys i want to start CMs on my hpally and have no idea how i should be gemming. Right now i am going the haste gear route because i hear its the best (even though i also hear that mastery gearing is up there, but i hear more people say go haste). I also read somewhere that a crit gear build wasnt half bad. Any thoughts on this? My main raid gear set is for mastery (solid mastery gems in yellows etc), would that gear set also work without re-gemming? I know what to expect from CMs even though i haven't healed any of them (have a some done on my warrior). Im not an Alch (Eng/BS) so would price of progress be good enough (since it was one of the better trinkets for us early in the xpac) or should i try and get the trinket out of ToES? Any other CM input would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

tldr:
    1. How should we be gemming for CMs?
    2. Stat priority?
    3. What trinkets? (maybe a list of options? )
    4. Anything else you'd like to add regarding cms.
    Last edited by Avengedlol; 2014-03-23 at 06:56 PM. Reason: i decided to make a forum thread because no one was answering me here and figured it'd get more traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengedlol View Post
    1. How should we be gemming for CMs?
    2. Stat priority?
    3. What trinkets? (maybe a list of options? )
    4. Anything else you'd like to add regarding cms.
    1. Intellect would be my pick, then mastery.
    2. Mastery > Haste > Crit works fine but you can try to alter around.
    3. You want the Relic of Chi-Ji for sure, get something else for the second trinket (possibly Spirits of the Sun).

You can use your raid gear and do fine for Golds easily, no need to spend tons of $$$.

I got 4 new items tonight (Legendary cloak + 2 heroic pieces from Immerseus + bracers), which was a massive gear boost. With that I decided to do some reworking of my stats and after reading this thread from about pg. 24 onward, I've (sort of) reached some conclusions. Also know that I do 10m normals, just starting heroics, currently 2 healing most fights with a resto druid (or occasionally a disc priest, who is our third healer when needed).

It seems like for my current gear level (554) and the content I'm in, the way to go is full Mastery, while maintaining 3506 haste and "adequate spirit". I had previously been running with a lot of spirit (~15.5k + reg DSoD/reg TF Horridons), but am now trying to see how low I can go. Obviously I won't know this until I clear the rest of SoO tomorrow and next week and feel it out for myself, but I was curious with the trinkets I'm running what you guys might consider to be a good level of spirit for healing 10m content? Currently after my re-working I'm sitting right at 13k spirit, but will have some spirit gems waiting in the wings if things seem tight come tomorrow night.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...migenia/simple

Quote Originally Posted by LSPrimigenia View Post
    It seems like for my current gear level (554) and the content I'm in, the way to go is full Mastery, while maintaining 3506 haste and "adequate spirit". I had previously been running with a lot of spirit (~15.5k + reg DSoD/reg TF Horridons), but am now trying to see how low I can go. Obviously I won't know this until I clear the rest of SoO tomorrow and next week and feel it out for myself, but I was curious with the trinkets I'm running what you guys might consider to be a good level of spirit for healing 10m content? Currently after my re-working I'm sitting right at 13k spirit, but will have some spirit gems waiting in the wings if things seem tight come tomorrow night.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...migenia/simple
    Just swap your blue gems, you're going for a Mastery focus but those aren't Mastery focused. After that don't try and drop anymore Spirit or you'll be in danger of becoming a burdon in heroic. You can also get rid of the Haste gem(s) with a more optimized reforge, you'd only need the one reckless to obtain the perfect 3506.

Heres a link to the AMR created shopping list you need to change what you have currently to be perfect. And heres a link to the settings you'd need to use to obtain that if you want to use AMR from here out, just change the static Spirit to match what your gear can do (13200 in the shopping list linked above).

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Just swap your blue gems, you're going for a Mastery focus but those aren't Mastery focused. After that don't try and drop anymore Spirit or you'll be in danger of becoming a burdon in heroic. You can also get rid of the Haste gem(s) with a more optimized reforge, you'd only need the one reckless to obtain the perfect 3506.

Heres a link to the AMR created shopping list you need to change what you have currently to be perfect. And heres a link to the settings you'd need to use to obtain that if you want to use AMR from here out, just change the static Spirit to match what your gear can do (13200 in the shopping list linked above).
    Thanks for the reply Xs. I actually did figure those 3 purple Int/Sp gems needed to go to green Mastery/Sp ones, just wasn't sure.. thanks for clarifying. Also thanks for catching the gemming/reforging optimization, I just hit 3526 with some quick math because I'm not totally familiar with AMR and the stat weights (I'll use the setup you posted, thanks again). I will probably wait until end of raid week since it's just farm clear, and I'll inevitably have 750 VP for item upgrades and will rework my gem/reforging to be fully optimized by AMR at that point.

So my understanding is that by "chang[ing] static spirit to match what your gear can do", you mean that I should just allow my spirit levels to scale up naturally with gear level, only keeping the spirit I get from green gems in blue sockets and what occurs naturally on my gear? Is there a point at which I should start reforging out of spirit? My guess is only when I feel like I have a surplus amount of spirit and the 2nd BP is in sight, and I could comfortably reforge some spirit into haste to hit that BP?

And my final question is if in your opinion, is a Mastery focus probably ideal in my situation? From what I have read Mastery synergizes especially well with resto druids and disc priests, since int helps us to fill a more resto druid-like role with stronger HoTs (therefore to avoid conflicting roles mastery is preferable in that case), and stacking shields on shields with the disc priest will prevent having all of our heals wasted on overhealing (thus mastery being preferable to stronger heals, i.e. int, in that case as well). And on top of all that, it seems like Mastery also slightly pulls ahead of Int in 10m. Does that sound about right?

EDIT: and if I notice I'm lacking some spirit, would you recommend just swapping any/all of my 320 Mastery gems in my 3 prismatic sockets to Spirit on the fly as needed?
    Last edited by LSPrimigenia; 2014-03-26 at 04:49 PM.