Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    You're a terrible Huntard if you don't know how to trap properly. You keep mobility while trapping and lose 1 GCD. Other classes have to stay stationary and risk an interrupt or spell reflect in order to CC. If you actually think that Hunter trapping is useless you might want to reroll to something simpler like a Warrior.

- - - Updated - - -

I've both played a Hunter and gone against Hunters in arena; there is no downside to Hunter CC.
    Please quit trolling, you're awful at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Most CC is dispel able and easy to counter; it's the gall of Hunters claiming that they are, in some way, less competent than other classes at CCing.
    You're being a terrible and foolish troll, you know that? traps have CD's, Fear/Poly doesn't. Learn the abilities before attempting to talk about them, please. If the other team isn't asleep, derpy, and/or just plain bad, they'll eat the traps if a Scatter goes off. Like I said, you do know there's addons that announce (via voice) abilities that were cast, right? I easily know that much and I haven't touched Arena since early/mid BC.

The only downside is that it cannot be used repetitively; it has a fairly short CD. None of the complaints that have so far been made by Hunters about CC have been valid.
    Fairly short < no CD. They haven't been valid to whom? you? don't make me laugh.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2014-03-06 at 07:19 PM.

Deleted
    Maybe I'm not reading into this correctly, but....

How am I supposed to trap someone in settings like duels, (certain) 2v2 arena games, and battlegrounds? Either I'm forced to:
    a) Use another ability to immobilize my target, thus effectively having to waste 2 cooldowns for one CC effect;
    b) Make use of a partner to aid me immobilizing the target, thus once again wasting 2 cooldowns for one CC effect.

Option a) makes little sense because even though at high rating mages can engage in combos such as deep freeze + polymorph in order to land the last one, they can land a polymorph unless interrupted or line of sighted, but a hunter cannot possibly land a trap on a player who isn't CCed because not only can he move constantly, but our traps will have a cast time now as well, making them extremely easy to predict and react to.
    Option b) looks viable in a 3v3 setting (almost common sense), but we shouldn't have to rely on a 2nd person to effectively land a CC on the target, even if said CC was instant (which seems will be no longer the case).
    You'd think that apart from a possible reduction to duration of freezing trap Blizzard wouldn't touch this CC, because (at least to me, and once again except maybe for the 12 overall duration of the combo) it's exactly the type that requires skill to perform (to some degree): abilities like polymorph, fear, cyclone, stuns....they are much more unavoidable (for the most part) than hunter's trap, which can be countered with good communication/alertness from the enemy team; to add to this, the current state of the game gives most classes a good to great deal of mobility, dispells, instant cc (to prevent the trap after the scatter, although this later one isn't hugely relevant).

Saying X is bad because of pathing issues doesn't prove a point, many abilities have pathing issues.
    Pets/Teammates eating traps shouldn't be an issue unless you lack awareness of where everyone is when CCing. You still don't have to put up with the same amount of issues that other CCs do. Your one, and only, downside to trapping is the CD.
    Have you ever played high rated or even any form arena? Traps being eaten doesn't mean the hunter lacks awareness. It's a pretty common strat to Intervene or go stand on your healer as soon as you see him pet cc'd, rooted, or scattered, because you know that the hunter will be trapping him and since traps currently have both flight time (depending on the distance) + arming time after the trap lands (1 sec), you have plenty of time to position yourself to eat the trap. Like I said, you don't even seem to understand the basic gameplay, so this change won't affect you one bit in WoD.

When do people get, we know nothing about balance yet. If we had really high damage, we wouldn't need to land traps.
    You have no clue about PvP balance for WoD yet. Wait untill changes are made, and we are geared.

All I can say, I didnt find scatter trapping fun, so kinda glad its gone. We aren't the only class getting a pretty big overhaul. There a loads of changes comming, and we will just have to see. What Ive seen of hunters in WoD so far, I'm pretty darn pleased.

Most CC is dispel able and easy to counter; it's the gall of Hunters claiming that they are, in some way, less competent than other classes at CCing.
    Yeah but you're missing the point. If I aim a poly or a fear at a healer and successfully car it, then gg the heals is locked up because usually the heals is the one dispelling. If I scatter the heals, the main part of the cc can then be swallowed by a teammate and be instantly dispelled. And it has little to do with the skill of the hunter because of the unavoidable travel and arming time.

Fast forward to this new model, and we can't even do the puny setup gcd which doesn't even guarantee our main cc lands. Instead we have to rely on others to land our cc. While coordinating cc is a hallmark of good arena teams, none of them require another cc to even have a decent shot at landing. Can you imagine the outrage of fear required your target to be standing still (which is essentially what trap without scatter requires)?

i've hated the way traps worked from the beginning (2004). I was always jealous of the target-able cc others had. I hated that stupid trap launcher, to me it was a lame gimmick/bandaid that they managed to fubar on inception.

wow you hunters arnt seriously complaining about this are you? like you dont have enough cc already? scatter, trap, silencing shot, web root, wyvern sting/binding shot. all instant cc. GG complain more

I shall greatly miss scatter shot
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by fenrirx View Post
    wow you hunters arnt seriously complaining about this are you? like you dont have enough cc already? scatter, trap, silencing shot, web root, wyvern sting/binding shot. all instant cc. GG complain more
    cause we can have all of that at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    cause we can have all of that at the same time
    ummmmm what?

looks like warlocks crying over cc nerf in mop, but we actually had a point, warlocks are supposed to be masters of control, and we lost 2 ccs, but this one i don't understand, hunters have alot of instant ccs and now without the deadzone they don't need scatter shot, not with alot of ccs going away, every class is losing something (i hope)

Quote Originally Posted by fenrirx View Post
    ummmmm what?
    you just listed every possible cc, you do realise that some of those have be to chosen from others?

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    They need to increase the area of effect...Hunter traps missing a target just barely is what made me stop playing my hunter. "The dude just walked over my trap and nothing happened!RAWR!!!!"!
    Hence the: "Traps arm immediately"

Currently, traps take a second or so to arm. If the trap lands square on some fool, but they move out of range in the second it takes to arm, then they don't get trapped.

The change gets rid of scatter, but also largely negates the reason scatter was necessary in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Hence the: "Traps arm immediately"
    Currently, traps take a second or so to arm. If the trap lands square on some fool, but they move out of range in the second it takes to arm, then they don't get trapped.
    The change gets rid of scatter, but also largely negates the reason scatter was necessary in the first place.
    and what happens when you have two enemies more or less on top of the trap when it is put down? i think to be fair for everyone, every cc should have a 50/50 chance to fail. i mean that is basically what is going to happen with traps, since you can't select the target it will just randomly pick one to trap and 50% of the time it will pick the wrong one.