Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Think they will recycle the Tabard of the Protector for this event ? http://www.wowhead.com/item=28788/ta...-the-protector

Im hoping for something NEW and SHINY

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    I think some people have forgot that the no-flying is only on Draenor.

They react like there's no flying in the WHOLE GAME!

Stupids are stupeé
    No, but if they do this for the entire expansion at the same time they're rewarding flying mounts and still have them in the store that's a bit beyond rude. After all, the expansion is where everyone at end game--nearly everyone in other words--is supposed to be. I don't have so much of a problem with the no flying stuff but handing out flying mounts for the Hearthstone achievement at exactly the same time as they're talking possibly not allowing flying at all in the expansion is pretty stupid too from a messaging standpoint.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

NO flying? that is garbage and the argument 'you can still fly in the rest of the game' really? I have 12 level 90's and guess what... all I see is MoP!!!! I go to Org IF i need the AH which is rarely ever... so you're telling me for 2+ years of an expansion I'll never see flying unless I need an Auction house in org?.... screw that!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got some concerns about flying, but none of them are as large as my concern about the entire expansion being really awkward crowd-serving fanfiction. In a world where Garrosh essentially creates a Bizarro Horde, are we really trying to be so apathetic to make fast travel be our number one concern with Blizzards decisions? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Phaidrae View Post
    Dear Blizzard,

STOP THINKING FOR US!!!

Thanks,
    Your players.

----------------------
    No thanks. You can fuck right off.

This attitude isn't even remotely ok.

Bring that to the devs and watch your concerns get ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Expertizer View Post
    You'll still be able to use your flying, just not in the Draenor world.
    You have NOT paid for flying in Draenor yet so you'll still have what you paid for.
    Replace Daenor with Pandaria... and you're essentially deleting it from the game... all 12 of my toons are max level therefore I only would see flying if I went to Orgrimmar for the auction house. I'm hoping there will be AH's in garrisons, so that would leave me with never seeing flying again... terrible idea I honestly didn't want to play WoW after Vanilla unless they added flying.

no flying in wod?.. then scratch archeology pls..

and for the fanbois that says: "the flying mount can also use to the ground.." FU FU FU

They can't remove flying with all of the current flying mounts. What they have to do is nerf flying so it isn't a better option than riding, but still necessary for getting over mountains etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    Whats funny is the fact that most of the blizzard store mounts were marketed as also being flyers. So those mounts will only have like half animation in the new expansion. I also for see them making faction cities with full AH and other amenities in WoD content so those areas will become new hubs where players gather and thus not using their flying mounts there either. Good thing I didn't hop on the WoD pre-order bandwagon. I'm definitely going to wait and see how this plays out. No flying mounts in WoD and I am definitely not going to enjoy it. I really dislike being forced to use a ground mount for an entire expansion. At least in MoP Im limited only to the 2 islands so I can actually explore pandaria the way I want to.
    If you hate exploring and experiencing new content in WoW, then stop playing!

Deleted
    To be honest, I know haters are going to hate for me saying this as i havent seen Draenor yet - but if flying is banned from Draenor indefinitely, i can see myself giving up for the last time shortly after maxing out. Im not a hardcore raider, i get my enjoyment from professions, levelling, generally playing around in the game from point to point. No flight would admittedly massively hinder my patience for the game having to dodge and avoid mobs, find a way up <insert random hill here> just to reach the node above it.

Dont get me wrong im not rallying for mass sub-quits, just think this is a bit of a mad statement for Blizz to make already. To me it seems its just a way to try make content last longer than it otherwise would at the risk of alienating its audience.

And to the people stating flying mounts are useable on the ground, you try mounting Ashes in a no-fly-zone and then come back to tell us that. Some mounts are rideable on the ground, others not so much. IF blizz decide to follow through with this, they at LEAST have to make all mounts ground rideable in my opinion, EVERY MOUNT.

And to the person a few posts above stating about only going to Orgri to use the AH - other than farming old raids or doing archaeology, i havent had to leave Pandaria at all as my main is an Engineer, can use the Shrine's AH robot. So being stuck in Draenor with no reason to go back to the old world other than the once a week mount farm, doesnt sound like a very good prospect to look forward to.

My two cents anyway, feel free to criticise or discuss back

No flying at all for the entire duration of the WoD expansion? Unless there's a reason in the story line for why someone shouldn't fly (skies are cursed, etc. w/e), no thank you. I'm fine with not having the possibility to fly during the first patch of the expansion, but unless there's some lore related reason I wouldn't want to miss out on flying for the entirety of the expansion.

I hate that so many players won't even give a no-flying world a chance. I guess Blizzard is ultimately at fault, though. Allowing unrestricted flying was the worst thing they ever did when you think about how entitled this community acts. It's impossible to go back without whiners raiding you.

They need to start thinking about restricted flying instead of disabling it all together. The game needs it. Limited amount of time in the air before having to land, with a cooldown before you can fly again. Increase the speed of ground mounts slightly. Make certain zones or areas annoying for flying mounts, like the Monstrous Kaliri in Terokkar Forest that would dismount you all the time. Hell, even reward those that choose to use ground mounts with buffs that only work when you haven't used a flying mount for so long while questing.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindberg View Post
    If you hate exploring and experiencing new content in WoW, then stop playing!
    Really? That is your answer? He never said anything about content, why do you make things up? Exploring? In WoW? Don't make me laugh.

No flying is dumb and I'm just waiting for the storm of QQ that is coming, because actually many people don't even know about it yet, only the regulars on MMOC and the official forums. I'm betting if they don't get rid of that "super" idea and just restrict flying until cap, it won't probably last even until the first patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaidrae View Post
    Dear Blizzard,

STOP THINKING FOR US!!!

Thanks,
    Your players.

I'm sorry but there's no way in hell I could love a world w/o flying. I was really excited back years and years ago when I got my first flight form...And someone else said it right - we levelled up to get it, we PAID for it, and now you want to tell us that we "might like" not being able to use the ability I've dropped over 10k on? No. No thanks. You can fuck right off.

I want. Mah batform.
    I have dropped over 200k on flying mount training alone, how about you quit your bitching and act like an adult. This game has been failing for years, ever since the middle of WotLK WoW has become less and less like itself. It has lost it's soul. Kinda evident by the 7M people leaving. Blizzard knows this, and now that Ghostcrawler is gone they can finally get to business and do some real work.

How about you shut up and see how it is first before you hate on it.

Christ, these forums are turning into bigger and bigger bitchfests for crybabies every day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sulrathos View Post
    Bigger trolls too it seems, if you have seen WoW as a failed experience for the past what, 4-5 years? Why are you still playing, why have you spent 200k on mount training, and why are you even slightly bothered about the next expac?
    I'm not playing, haven't played since the end of Cata. The reason I'm bothered about Warlords of Draenor is because WoW is a game that I have put a LOT of time and effort into ever since vanilla launch, and I still hope that Blizzard will be able to give people at least 1 good expansion pack before giving up on it entirely. I also hate trains, but I find monorails very exciting and interesting.

I'm so sorry if my interest in a game hurts your feelings, I will try not to ruin your mental wellbeing with my other posts. I'll send you a check to pay for any damages. My sincerest apologies to you and your family.

How about you shut your ass and let the grown ups talk, you know, those who actually know what the hell they're talking about.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

10+ Year Old Account
    You all need to shut the fuck up to be honest,you have no entitlement to anything,its not your game,you may pay a sub but that's to play the game that is it! If you don't like it then don't play it simples,if they want to turn your character into a pink bunny rabbit wearing a thong then they can and will and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. It's about time you lazy fuckers learnt some respect and value of hard work instead of having everything handed to you on a plate and feeling entitled to everything!

In short get a life,grow up and shut the fuck up!

10+ Year Old Account
    The people that dont like flying.... dont fly, but dont let the people that do like to fly suffer.
    If flying is allowed it does not stop you from running arround and doing what ever you find entertaining, but if flying is not allowed it restricts those who does like flying to do what they find entertaining.

I liked the why MoP was, no flying till max level, there was nothing wrong with that, but a whole expac... that is just silly.

i hope the no flying wait and see crap blows up in their face.

i love this game but the WoD changes now are making me question them alot now.

Deleted
    Yesss blizzard bringing the game back!

There is no room for flying in an mmo. Perhaps in one or two zones of old continent.
    Shouldn't be able to fly over the creation that had taken years to make. We are supposed to live there. Not cheat mode hover our way over it.

Keep it up blizz Wod sounds amazing!

I still don't get people who say "non-flying is good because you get to experience the world" but who are you to decide what people want to do. If you want to "experience the world" don't use flying mounts, nothing is stopping you from using ground mounts, heck you could even not train Pandaria Flying to experience MoP.

Deleted
    omg garrison looks awesome!!

Deleted
    so why the heck I keep farming those stupid mounts!!!! :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaroch View Post
    I still don't get people who say "non-flying is good because you get to experience the world" but who are you to decide what people want to do. If you want to "experience the world" don't use flying mounts, nothing is stopping you from using ground mounts, heck you could even not train Pandaria Flying to experience MoP.
    Nah, it's Blizzard who decides that you're not flying the first time in Draenor. They are the ones who wants you to experience the world as it should be. You know, actually experiencing the zones instead of swooping down to quest items without a care in the world, ignoring any danger along the way.

The "just use ground mounts" argument is as laughable as telling people who think leveling is too fast not to use heirlooms, well not using them feels like garbage because you lose 50% xp (ironically) and they have far worse gear in the process. Almost no one are willing to gimp themselves even though they would prefer the alternative.

So why would anyone force themselves to take extra risks (daze, pvp, falldamage), travel about half as slow, when they can just jump on a flying anyway.
    And that's why flying is going away for now. Too much convenience is detrimental to the game.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.