10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Flying ruined this game. It has infected the mindset of the player population as demonstrated here...
    Sounds like the ramblings of someone who loves PvP... I mean... ganking.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one is forcing anybody to fly, if you think the world is more interesting from the ground, then great, stay there and enjoy it. Let other people be happy in the air, don't force them down with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I was 100% for sure not buying WoD at launch, whether I bought it later depended on how much of a pain it would be to acquire flying. If Blizz never brings flying back, I will never resub to this game again.
    You are not alone in this sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    For a lot of players, flying is an integral part of their enjoyment of this game. How would you feel if we took raids or arenas away? Get a grip.
    I love seeing the world from the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I don't bother with ganking. I just prefer the scope that is more easily conveyed when people are restricted to the ground. Flying also detaches players from the zones they level in - which is why few people really cared for the 80 - 85 zones aside from Vash'jir hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    The funny thing is that if the world is designed around no flying - then it's not coming back, at least not in a quick way.
    Pandaria is mostly designed with no flying in mind.

I don't bother with ganking. I just prefer the scope that is more easily conveyed when people are restricted to the ground. Flying also detaches players from the zones they level in - which is why nobody really cared for the 80 - 85 zones aside from Vash'jir hate.
    Why do people keep bringing up leveling?

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I was 100% for sure not buying WoD at launch, whether I bought it later depended on how much of a pain it would be to acquire flying. If Blizz never brings flying back, I will never resub to this game again.
    Good, we dont want your kind here

why do poeple like flying? it ruins the game, you have feet you know

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    For a lot of players, flying is an integral part of their enjoyment of this game. How would you feel if we took raids or arenas away? Get a grip.
    So you're comparing a mode of transportation to actual content? Great logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiationWoW View Post
    It would feel bit weird and slow at start
    And there goes a million subscribers right there..

It's sad but it's true lol.

The mounts are content, the ability to do so is content, and the act of flying enables you to access content.

Think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    The fact you tried to call me out as a ganker proves that you're grasping at straws. You guys have little argument against no-flying.

Flying ruined this game. It has infected the mindset of the player population as demonstrated here...
    Quote Originally Posted by isaaru View Post
    i personally cant wait, flying mounts are the worst thing that ever happened in wow

So according to guys like you, the game has been ruined since 2007. Why don't you play on vanilla servers? There are a couple out there! I hope you're greatful for this message after the 7 tedious years you've spent playing a ruined game, not knowing that there's an alternative without the terrible flying

I don't bother with ganking. I just prefer the scope that is more easily conveyed when people are restricted to the ground. Flying also detaches players from the zones they level in - which is why nobody really cared for the 80 - 85 zones aside from Vash'jir hate.
    Leveling was about the only thing I enjoyed in Cataclysm, actually....

Quote Originally Posted by isaaru View Post
    why do poeple like flying? it ruins the game, you have feet you know
    Why do people like PvP? Why do people like raiding? Why do people play a game?

10+ Year Old Account
    It still amazes me how worked up people can get over words about things that haven't come to pass and are hardly guaranteed to pass in the extreme scenarios they themselves portray. Beyond the fact that if they were making the xpac based around not flying, you can bet that the relative experience will likely be the same, just without pushing your space bar as much. As much as people hate, or seem to at least, so many things blizzard says, they aren't stupid enough to shoot themselves in the foot by making a world based around flying without giving you flying, because they can probably estimate fairly well (based off threads like this) how people would react to such a thing.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

I'm very interested in the method they would use to "see the reactions of players" to this change. As far as I see it, without direct feedback - which the overwhelming majority of players will never give - they cannot measure satisfaction with this change. How the fuck do you tell if that person enjoys being permanently grounded, when he's just trying to get the by despite the inconvenience?

Anyway, the day this company starts removing QoL items from their game because of the never-ending stream of loud mouth-breathers, or sacrifice fun for "vision" (fuck you Afrasiabi, just fuck you), then it's time to move on.

I play this game for it's freedom of movement first and foremost; it's gameplay, aesthetics, and community are largely irrelevant to me. Remove that, and I have no reason to care.

If people quit because of no flying what else will they do? Play TESO which is even more about the no fly zone theme? Idiots?

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    And there goes a million subscribers right there..

It's sad but it's true lol.

The mounts are content, the ability to do so is content, and the act of flying enables you to access content.

Think before you post.
    Pot calling the kettle black.

Flying around IS content for me. That's what non-exploring players will never understand. So please leave us explorers alone, we'll also leave your "content" alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    I'm very interested in the method they would use to "see the reactions of players" to this change. As far as I see it, without direct feedback - which the overwhelming majority of players will never give - they cannot measure satisfaction with this change. How the fuck do you tell if that person enjoys being permanently grounded, when he's just trying to get the by despite the inconvenience?.
    Subscriber numbers.

Pot calling the kettle black.
    Not sure you know how to use that phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by black127 View Post
    If people quit because of no flying what else will they do? Play TESO which is even more about the no fly zone theme? Idiots?
    Yes, because it's a brand new game. Upset players will likely flock to the new titles coming out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by black127 View Post
    Play other games. But, most of all, leave WoW behind and go find other things to do.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games