This is going to be the best X-Pac since Burning Crusade, can't wait ^-^

@Schmonzh As we have said, we are going to disallow flying at launch (like Wrath and Pandaria) and we will play it by ear from there out.

That directly implies those morons are considering not allowing flying for much longer than the first patch.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    @Schmonzh As we have said, we are going to disallow flying at launch (like Wrath and Pandaria) and we will play it by ear from there out.

That directly implies those morons are considering not allowing flying for much longer than the first patch.
    I said it a couple of days ago that its gone for the entire xpac already. One thing that has been persistent with the Blizzard Devs, good idea or bad idea, once they get something in their heads its full bore straight ahead until the players kick them in the teeth hard enough they change directions.

We've already seen it with dailies in MoP. They went full bore down that path even with people telling them it was a bad idea in beta. What happened? People punched them in the nose and they finally changed it.

I see this issue as no different, and I think its one that won't see too much traction from most of the player base til they get later in the expansion and get tired of the hassle of it.

One thing is for sure, you are going to see a ton of Druids and Rogues as peoples main gathering classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has SWG NGE written all over it.

By the time this expansion has finished, this game will be a hollow shell of it's former self.

GLHF Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I said it a couple of days ago that its gone for the entire xpac already. One thing that has been persistent with the Blizzard Devs, good idea or bad idea, once they get something in their heads its full bore straight ahead until the players kick them in the teeth hard enough they change directions.

We've already seen it with dailies in MoP. They went full bore down that path even with people telling them it was a bad idea in beta. What happened? People punched them in the nose and they finally changed it.

I see this issue as no different, and I think its one that won't see too much traction from most of the player base til they get later in the expansion and get tired of the hassle of it.

One thing is for sure, you are going to see a ton of Druids and Rogues as peoples main gathering classes.
    This is different to today - how?

There is so much salt in this thread you could make another dead sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    ALL THESE TEARS. THEY SUSTAIN ME!

OT: Couldn't care less. Means training gathering professions will pay off even more than previously.
    Getting ganked while leveling by someone in BiS raiding/PvP gear from the sky, and watching them fly straight back up into the sky to do it again without anyone being able to stop them will stop.

Due to the crybabies on the WoW Forums, flying will likely be back in 6.1, but that's a real shame.

You should really stop crying, man.

No one likes a crybaby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    There is so much salt in this thread you could make another dead sea.
    Thanks in large part to the vocal anti-flying minority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    I think it's fair to say that opinions are fairly split 50:50 on this. I see pro and contra everywhere, ingame and on the forums, it's not just the vocal forum minority that is pretty split on this.

People who have an issue with no flying is most likely in the minority, all players considered.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    I think it's fair to say that opinions are fairly split 50:50 on this. I see pro and contra everywhere, ingame and on the forums, it's not just the vocal forum minority that is pretty split on this.
    I doubt it. I would say the that's just a bunch of made up numbers. First of all the forums are a vocal minority. Though they think they speak for everyone, and in game I've heard nothin but praise. Even though once again that's not indicative of what the real census is. I'm willing to bet 80% don't even care! and then you have more like a 1% that do, and 1 or 2% don't want flying. You non flying advocates are just flattering yourself by thinking 50% of the community favors that LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    People who have an issue with no flying is most likely in the minority, all players considered.

Ha-ha-ha. All the people who joined in WoTLK and Cataclysm and would prefer convenience over the very poor excuse to remove it that is 'immersion' are the minority? Really? Just wait. Most people that play the game don't stay up-to-date with all the WoD news. The community that does that is fairly small in comparison. But just wait until they find out they can't fly. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    No flying the entire xpac would be the only good thing of this expac. A natural retard filter.

I think the vast majority of people simply dont give a shit. The small minority think its the biggest issue in the world, and they seem roughly 50/50 split over it, but they're a shadow of the rest who simply dont care. (And those types of players arent the type to visit forums or websites like this).

This has SWG NGE written all over it.

By the time this expansion has finished, this game will be a hollow shell of it's former self.

GLHF Blizzard.
    I said it at the start of this thread. This indeed will be WoW's NGE if they go through with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Ha-ha-ha. All the people who joined in WoTLK and Cataclysm and would prefer convenience over the very poor excuse to remove it that is 'immersion' are the minority? Really? Just wait. Most people that play the game don't stay up-to-date with all the WoD news. The community that does that is fairly small in comparison. But just wait until they find out they can't fly. :P
    Immersion is not the reason for removing flying, so if they're upset, it will be because you inform them in a biased way.

And as TyrianFC mentioned, people just don't care. If WoD was massively inconvenient to get around in because of no flying, they might go to the forums to voice their complains, but I'm fairly sure Blizzard will prevent that by building Draenor around the fact that you can't fly. People who joined in Cataclysm and Mists do know of not flying from 1-60 and MoP leveling, it's not an alien concept to them.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2014-03-15 at 01:19 PM.

^ in denial. It's far more of a minority than you even think. Yea it's ok to admit your opinion means squat to Blizzard. Haven't you noticed they don't care what you have to say? Or you can remain ignorant your choice. You'll look crazy though.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    I think the vast majority of people simply dont give a shit. The small minority think its the biggest issue in the world, and they seem roughly 50/50 split over it, but they're a shadow of the rest who simply dont care.

Then you're probably deluded. The "casual lollers" you always so condemn. They will probably be what kills the dream of flying being removed forever. Like you always like to say: the majority doesn't read forums or remains up-to-date. They just play, and when they find out something they like is removed for bullshit reasons, they'll make themselves heard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Immersion is not the reason for removing flying, so if they're upset, it will be because you inform them in a biased way.

You're not even keeping up with all the reasons given for removing flying. How could I really take you seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    ^ in denial. It's far more of a minority than you even think. Yea it's ok to admit your opinion means squat to Blizzard. Haven't you noticed they don't care what you have to say? Or you can remain ignorant your choice. You'll look crazy though.

In denial how? You'll have to do more than just say "omg you so crazy because you disagree.".

Then you're probably deluded. The "casual lollers" you always so condemn. They will probably be what kills the dream of flying being removed forever. Like you always like to say: the majority doesn't read forums or remains up-to-date. They just play, and when they find out something they like is removed for bullshit reasons, they'll make themselves heard.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not even keeping up with all the reasons given for removing flying. How could I really take you seriously?

In denial how? You'll have to do more than just say "omg you so crazy because you disagree.".

You don't take anything seriously. Besides your narrow ignorant view. That is quite obvious for anyone with a brain. You are flattering and kidding yourself if you think Blizzard cares what you have to say, and also there isn't anything close to a large chunk of the community who cares wether there is flying or not. Blizzard already has done internal testing for this. They have tools that you can't afford to figure these things out. Your just a less than 1% minority that's butthurt over this. Your opinion means nothing. Sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Good post.

Denial is strong as it was when they removed portals.