Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    I hope Saurfang takes control over the Kor'Kron again and reform it.
    Yeah, so much work has to be done.

"Guys, you work for me now"
    "Kay"

Well, that's a yes and a no on the deus ex vs. Arthas. If you'd asked Tirion down at Light's Hammer "what's the plan, Phil?", he'd have told you that with the power of the Light at their side they would overcome Arthas. And that is exactly what happened, ultimately. It being because they needed the Light to click his racial for him after having walked into Arthas' trap is sort of beside the point.

The elite of Azeroth are IMO if we dont count the scourge or old god or demon armies are

Kor'kron - Orc Elite
    Deathguard - Forsaken Elite
    Gob Squad - Goblin Elite
    Honor Guard - Tauren Elite
    Farstriders - Belf Elite

The 7th legion - Human/Dwarf Elite
    The Sentinels - Nelf Elite
    Vindicators - Draneai Elite

IMO the Kor'kron were the strongest out of all them mainly because Garrosh poured all his resources into them by giving them the best food, the best training and they have a almost SS like fanaticism that the other elite dont quite match. When your elite are prepared to let there boss turn them into sha monsters you know your soldiers are something special.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    7th Legion and SI:7 are neither one race-exclusive, so 7th isn't a strict counterpart to the Kor'kron. Sentinels would be closer.
    The Kor'kron only became race-exclusive under Garrosh. In ICC, there are Tauren and Trolls in the Kor'kron ranks.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Well, that's a yes and a no on the deus ex vs. Arthas. If you'd asked Tirion down at Light's Hammer "what's the plan, Phil?", he'd have told you that with the power of the Light at their side they would overcome Arthas. And that is exactly what happened, ultimately. It being because they needed the Light to click his racial for him after having walked into Arthas' trap is sort of beside the point.
    Plus the Tirion super fantastic immortal mega light move is actually a counter attack, and required Arthas to use his mega ultimate scourge darkness dance dance revolution zombie excitement explodes; which actually required his hidden rage bar to be full, and it's not my fault that nobody else thought to enable "Arthas's Secret Defensive Stance Enrage Bar" UI option during the xpac to see this for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Plus the Tirion super fantastic immortal mega light move is actually a counter attack, and required Arthas to use his mega ultimate scourge darkness dance dance revolution zombie excitement explodes; which actually required his hidden rage bar to be full, and it's not my fault that nobody else thought to enable "Arthas's Secret Defensive Stance Enrage Bar" UI option during the xpac to see this for themselves.
    He could instakill anyone before, fight with him was just final test.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He could instakill anyone before, fight with him was just final test.
    That's what Arthas said. But why would you believe him after all that he had done?
    EDIT: Plus that's just starting to sound even dumber than what I said. "Your ultimate test was to get my health bar, which doesn't actually exist in lore, down to 10%"

That's what Arthas said. But why would you believe him after all that he had done?
    Why wouldnt I. Certainly makes sense, unlike the bullcrap about light, faith and honor Tirion was spitting every time he opened his malformed mouth.

What if the WoTLK expansion didn't actually happen?

What if the scourge running amok in Northrend weakened Yogg-Saron's bonds even more than we thought. As soon as the Horde and Alliance ships landed in Northrend we all just lost consciousness and have been playing out an Old God fantasy inside the Old God brain ever since.

Id say the top armies are Forsaken, Stormwind, Nelfs, and then Blood Elves. Kor'kon is now a disorganized mess.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    What if the WoTLK expansion didn't actually happen?

What if the scourge running amok in Northrend weakened Yogg-Saron's bonds even more than we thought. As soon as the Horde and Alliance ships landed in Northrend we all just lost consciousness and have been playing out an Old God fantasy inside the Old God brain ever since.
    I think we might , in the future, be helping Bolvar and the Scourge with a fully unleashed Yogg Sarron. Even then i dont if it will be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    I hope Saurfang takes control over the Kor'Kron again and reform it.
    Since the Kor'kron were meant to be a body guard force for the Horde Warchief, technically they should all be following Vol'jin now. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    Since the Kor'kron were meant to be a body guard force for the Horde Warchief, technically they should all be following Vol'jin now. :P
    Doesnt Vol'jin have his own elite gaurd? The Siame Quashe.....or somethin like that...

Having the Kor'kron bodyguard Vol'jin would be like having the Waffen SS bodyguard the prime minister of Israel!

So its safe to assume the Kor'kron has been dissolved which is a shame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Simple question, is the Kor'Kron the strongest army out there?
    Or are there any other good armies out there that wipes out the kor'kron easily?

Outside like legion/scourge or w/e.
    1. No, they are just an elite force in service of the warchief.
    2. The 7th Legion are the Alliance elite force. They are not only more numerous and more experienced (by the fact that they don't have to protect the a warchief 24/7 and are instead used for more productive things) but also not racist since they accept members from all races of the Alliance, unlike the kor'kron which only takes orcs.
    Another good counterpart is the SI:7, though they are more rogue-ish type characters.
    You also have the Sentinels for the night elves, the Hand of Argus for the draenei, the Dwarven Mountaineers and the Worgen Eliberation Front.

EDIT: Plus that's just starting to sound even dumber than what I said. "Your ultimate test was to get my health bar, which doesn't actually exist in lore, down to 10%"
    Well, I'd say we could believe him since he killed us in Icecrown Citadel easily. If not for the surprise effect of Tiron, we'd be dead... well... undead. Also, during the memory quest in Howling Fjord, if you get close to him, he instantly kills you also.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2014-03-16 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    1. No, they are just an elite force in service of the warchief.
    2. The 7th Legion are the Alliance elite force. They are not only more numerous and more experienced (by the fact that they don't have to protect the a warchief 24/7 and are instead used for more productive things) but also not racist since they accept members from all races of the Alliance, unlike the kor'kron which only takes orcs.
    Another good counterpart is the SI:7, though they are more rogue-ish type characters.
    You also have the Sentinels for the night elves, the Hand of Argus for the draenei, the Dwarven Mountaineers and the Worgen Eliberation Front.

Well, I'd say we could believe him since he killed us in Icecrown Citadel easily. If not for the surprise effect of Tiron, we'd be dead... well... undead. Also, during the memory quest in Howling Fjord, if you get close to him, he instantly kills you also.
    Here's the important question though. If Terenas can cast mass battle res even while he's dead, how did we ever get into this mess to begin with?

His soul was stuck in the sword until then. Would have been pretty anticlimactic for him to mass rez all of Lordaeron right after Arthas stabbed him and just said "I am disappoint". Makes you think, though, he must have been something in his prim

His soul was stuck in the sword until then. Would have been pretty anticlimactic for him to mass rez all of Lordaeron right after Arthas stabbed him and just said "I am disappoint". Makes you think, though, he must have been something in his prim
    But he can still taunt Arthas from inside of frostmourne, so why didn't he just force Arthas to tank himself so we could have brought along more deeps?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Simple question, is the Kor'Kron the strongest army out there?
    Or are there any other good armies out there that wipes out the kor'kron easily?

Outside like legion/scourge or w/e.
    The kor'kron was originally the warchief's personal guard. They were only a part of the horde military. Garrosh expanded them into an army after purging those he deemed to be lesser races from the horde. After Mop is over they are toast though, all wiped out during the siege.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on if they recognize Vol'jin as the rightful warchief.

I think Saurfang will take over Orc leadership grudgingly and Eltrigg will take over and reorganize the Kor'kron forces. With loyal remnants of the old, the bulk being trolls, and the rest being filled with members of the other Horde races.

Edit: Perhaps that could a questline in WoD. Vol'jin and Eltrigg need help clearing out the last bastion of Garrosh's Dark Shaman and Kor'kron, perhaps a scenario, so we can see the new Warchief in action.
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2014-03-16 at 11:36 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs