Deleted

mastery or crit after haste cap?

i love playing balance but my dps is a bit low with 524ilvl i can burts around 250+ and it drops down to 60- 80k

What do you mean haste cap? Haste breakpoints for moonfire/sunfire ticks are 5273 for +3 and 10289 for +4, at your ilvl you should probably be going for 5273 and the rest in crit. You want at least 10k crit, 12k+ is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless i'm outdated or something I'm pretty sure crit is always better than mastery after haste breakpoints. Extra starsurge procs are that good if you ask me.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is what you want to do depending on your Gear Level.

1. Haste (5273) > Crit > Haste (Past Breakpoint) > Mastery
    2. Haste (10289) > Crit > Mastery > Haste (Past Breakpoint)

Crit is always better than Mastery after your Haste Breakpoints. The only debate that arises is in really high end Crit Levels (17k+ or something Crit I think) there's possibly that Mastery might be better. Like dropping a little extra Crit for Mastery but this can also be personal preference.

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lorneth/simple

maybe this will give some more info to past 1x haste point rest is crit +15%

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If that's your Boomkin Gear you want to do this for Sockets.

Red Socket = 80 Int + 160 Crit
    Yellow Socket = 320 Crit
    Blue Socket = 160 Crit + 160 Spirit (Unless you're way over Hit Cap which you are at the moment)

My advice is stick to the 5273 Haste Breakpoint right now as your Crit is only 25%. You just need to optimise your Gemming/Reforges more.

crit is always better than mastery, however mastery is better than haste after you reach the haste cap.

Also, for red sockets, you want to use expertise/crit gems if you can afford the extra hit, otherwise stick with int/crit.

Starsurge wastage can move the crit curve, making mastery = crit at some point, but this only happens at high gear levels. I think you should only worry about this once you reach 15kish crit.

this image belong to barkin from elitisjerks.
    Last edited by Marais; 2014-03-17 at 01:11 PM.

Deleted
    Mastery provides a solid dps boost that is a steady process opposed to crit which dps gain is only in the favor of RNG. So on average mastery would be the better stat to gem for overall long lived sustained dps as crit will be best if you get good luck on RNG and get an unrealistic amount of bursty damage...which is possible but the just to be safe it'll be best to go with mastery so your dps doesn't move around much and will keep a steady pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    Mastery provides a solid dps boost that is a steady process opposed to crit which dps gain is only in the favor of RNG. So on average mastery would be the better stat to gem for overall long lived sustained dps as crit will be best if you get good luck on RNG and get an unrealistic amount of bursty damage...which is possible but the just to be safe it'll be best to go with mastery so your dps doesn't move around much and will keep a steady pace.
    In fact it's exactly the opposite. Most people will opt in for the security of crit because it helps plug the hole of moonkin movement dps, which is the main reason of crit gearing, not the sustainability of crit damage itself.

Edit: It is also why many were opposed to the SS proc nerf right after ToT (even though SoO high ilvl and 4p fixed it). We'd rather have wasted procs and guaranteed available procs when we want to move rather that lower waste of procs and uncertain movement dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    Please don't spread misinformation...crit is always better than mastery for balance, be it for sustained or movement dps.