Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Tried Doc's, DKOne's and MagicRunes.
    The last one worked for me best

DocsDebugRunes (or DKOne) in a 2x3 setup, makes lining runes up for 2H Frost, Blood and Unholy easier to visualise.

e.g. for Blood :
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-03-17 at 05:14 PM.

I use DKone in a 3x2 configuration lining up vertically rather than horizontally, like so:

BFU
    BFU

I like this much more than Treelife's setup because I don't really care about runes that aren't currently refreshing, as one set should always be refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I use DKone in a 3x2 configuration lining up vertically rather than horizontally, like so:

BFU
    BFU

I like this much more than Treelife's setup because I don't really care about runes that aren't currently refreshing, as one set should always be refreshing.
    Each to their own I guess, but isn't that basically the same just on its side?

Yep it totally is personal preference. Since BFU are on the top row, I can just look at that. Like I said, I don't really care about non-refreshing runes most of the time.

Deleted
    My vote goes for RunePack

Yury's Rune Display is my personal choice (:
    (Simple & Clean)

I guess this is how you successfully necro a thread from over a year ago

I didn't even notice this was a necro till that post ^^

I use DocsDebuggRunes, DKDiseases, and a bunch of WA's. Some aren't popped up here, however it covers Sudden Doom's proc as well. Also use Docs for Dark Transformation stacks/transform which is nice.

I have said this in many different threads but I feel one of the best rune addons is acherus rune watcher. You can make it bigger or smaller, it's easy to set up, you can make the rune symbols completely invisible until they activate with a nice spin to catch your eyes, the runic triangle is very easy to see in the corner of your eyes, and I have used it forever and ever. If you're sorta new to DK I suggest this one, it's going to be very easy to get used to!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    I didn't even notice this was a necro till that post ^^

I use DocsDebuggRunes, DKDiseases, and a bunch of WA's. Some aren't popped up here, however it covers Sudden Doom's proc as well. Also use Docs for Dark Transformation stacks/transform which is nice.
    What's the one you have for AMS? Is that how much you've soaked or how much you still can soak?
    Last edited by Rawley; 2014-03-19 at 07:54 PM.

Why do you care how much you soaked (or can still soak)? Seems like unnecessary clutter on the screen. All I care about is a) Is the AMS buff active? and b) If not, what's the cooldown?

Why do you care how much you soaked (or can still soak)? Seems like unnecessary clutter on the screen. All I care about is a) Is the AMS buff active? and b) If not, what's the cooldown?
    I'm not gonna use it, I'm just curious ^^. See it as the ''blood imp counter'' as Demonology Warlock.

I have similar on my TMW except it's also on the icon so no extra clutter; it's useful for knowing how many ticks I can stand in something without taking excess damage.

You actually watch it for the amount of absorption remaining? I just stand in the fire until my weakaura disappears, telling me that AMS is down. After a couple times you get a feel for when to move out.

You actually watch it for the amount of absorption remaining? I just stand in the fire until my weakaura disappears, telling me that AMS is down. After a couple times you get a feel for when to move out.
    Different fights and abilities have different amounts of damage, it just makes it easier and more reliable. I don't watch it constantly, it's just nice to know at a glance if I have a few more ticks worth of extra RP income before the buff runs out. Occasionally means I can move out, spend some RP, move back in. Less waste then, more DPS.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-03-19 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawley View Post
    What's the one you have for AMS? Is that how much you've soaked or how much you still can soak?
    They are WA strings to show when AMS is off CD, it's duration when it's up, it's CD remaining, and the amount left that it can absorb.

It's useful to know how much absorb you have left because if you are (ab)using it for non raid wide unavoidable damage you can make it so you get the max reduction of CD on it and get it back faster. Allows for less overflow/wasted runic, and AMS being up more. I agree with how I just can feel it out but when I redid some WA's and such that came up from a guildy and it comes in handy now and then. I barely even pay attention to the WA for when AMS is off cd anyways haha

I figure that if I don't use up the entire absorb shield it'll just reduce the cooldown for next time, so I don't much worry about it. Not a big deal either way, was just curious.

Yeah overall I don't bother with it much, specially since I am working on H Garrosh now and well not much won't break it.
    But on say bosses on super farm, it's free deeps. So... woo ranking? Haha

I just use Shadowed Unit Frames with resources showing, and move the character + target panes to directly underneath my character's feet.

That gets into personal preference UI positioning tho. When I used to use a pure rune addon, it was DocsDebugRunes.