Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJewishMerp View Post
    This man...give him a cookie. If you actually played in Vanilla (had max toon, was raiding) you would know that the reason the game was "hard" was because 90% of the player-base was awful at the game, we didn't know what we were doing, that's why 40 mans existed, Blizzard wanted as many people as they could get going into these dungeons so that all the terribleness would balance out.

- - - Updated - - -

What effort, leveling is mindless, at best. I'm thinking you're an entitled kid.
    "Waaaaahh, bwizzurd, I dont wanna wevel any moar. I wanna buy a fwee ninti."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Of-the-horde View Post
    Totally agree with that.
    what I say about people who piss their cash away is none of your business. See what I did there

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why did you care in the first place that he boosted a character? What he does with his money is none of your business.
    This argument is nil. "Why do you care, it doesn't affect you.". Actually, yes it does. LFR is a mess right now. Alot more of a mess than it ever was. LFR is the only content some people do. Take that away from them with countless stupid wipes wasting their time, they'll leave.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    "Waaaaahh, bwizzurd, I dont wanna wevel any moar. I wanna buy a fwee ninti."

- - - Updated - - -

what I say about people who piss their cash away is none of your business. See what I did there
    Which part makes you angry at others?
    People having more money than you?
    or
    Blizzard for putting in boosts and giving the option to level or not?

Someone here needs to grow the fuck up quickly, especially when they start to talk in a baby accent, says alot about what kind of person you are....a fucking immature one for starters.

Paying to skip a game you already pay for...

Yeah, I am sure you can stop defending yourselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Which part makes you angry at others?
    People having more money than you?
    or
    Blizzard for putting in boosts and giving the option to level or not?

Someone here needs to grow the fuck up quickly, especially when they start to talk in a baby accent, says alot about what kind of person you are....a fucking immature one for starters.
    uh huh. who said I was mad. I think it's pathetic, doesn't mean I am mad

Also. the current state of SoO LFR http://darklegacycomics.com/newest.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    This argument is nil. "Why do you care, it doesn't affect you.". Actually, yes it does. LFR is a mess right now. Alot more of a mess than it ever was. LFR is the only content some people do. Take that away from them with countless stupid wipes wasting their time, they'll leave.
    ^ This, and I hope they do. Give up your principles, and you fail as a company. this is simple history

Why do you care? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Yes i will show my face. Not saying im right just saying why even bother to play the game if it comes down to this.

Soon we might see boost to 550 ilvl or something. Less likely, but maybe.
    How they play and enjoy the game is not your concern.

Stop judging people based on your idea of fun.

This, and I hope they do. Give up your principles, and you fail as a company. this is simple history
    The amount of logic you are presenting is too much for the shallow-minded folks.

The fact that the customers are ALLOWING game developers to get away with breaking away from their principles without losing any face - is a big reason why the gaming industry is getting butt-fucked.

And I will laugh the entire time you do it. Just like people who walk around in Crocs. I laugh at them.

You are really just defending getting laughed at. It's funny, and a little pathetic that you pay to skip a game you pay for.

You can defend yourself all you like, the con side will continue to just laugh.
    I don't understand this mentality. If they want to "waste" their money, why does that concern you?

It is always a question of time vs money. Which is more valuable? So the person used money to save time. So what? Everyone does it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    I don't understand this mentality. If they want to "waste" their money, why does that concern you?

It is always a question of time vs money. Which is more valuable? So the person used money to save time. So what? Everyone does it all the time.
    Because people wasting their money on extra things in their hobby is what's ruining America and the economy. Where they got such a brain-meltingly stupid idea like that, I'll never know.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Boost comes with pre-order, right? So...maybe he used the 'free' boost and had no other toons he wanted to play so used it to skip MoP content and get maxed professions. So maybe he didn't "waste $66 dollars" at all?

Also, as many people before me have pointed out and many more will continue to point out after me, this is just a couple hours of work time. Would I rather spend several days getting 1-90 or spend 2 hours working after my day would normally end in order to hit 90? I've considered doing this on a couple level 85 toons, myself for that exact reason...That having been said, I don't think I play the game enough to justify it for multiple toons, but the "free" boost? I'm equally as likely to use it on my 85 warrior as I am on my 60 hunter as I am on a fresh level 1.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post

Because that doesn't make a very fun game. "Oh, I really don't have the time of day to spend practicing to play basketball to play in a bracket-game, I'll just bribe the ref and we'll jump straight to the last game", is basically what it winds up feeling like.

oh ill keep on playing boosted not boosted doesnt matter but for now d3 ros is where im going so when i come back i can keep playing my boosted 90s freedom ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Because that doesn't make a very fun game. "Oh, I really don't have the time of day to spend practicing to play basketball to play in a bracket-game, I'll just bribe the ref and we'll jump straight to the last game", is basically what it winds up feeling like.
    No, buying a boosted 90 is like putting yourself in a self-induced coma for twenty years to reduce the amount of time needed to wait to try-out for the basketball teams- you'll still need to learn to compete with the big dogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, he probably did it for profession boosts, I would've done it. What he does is none of your business, you only piss people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Pebs never mentioned it "affecting" anyone.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2014-03-17 at 08:44 PM.

they are throughout this thread. in a multiplayer game, where the max is 90. Any content where I play with these boosted 90s has become an unbelieveable nightmare
    That isn't an excuse for disliking the service Blizz is offering. In fact, the service has merely 'flooded' these types of players for a short period of time instead of spreading them all out over quite a few different groups. Bad people are going to be bad no matter what and good people are going to be good no matter what. It's the lack of effort that's causing you the issue, not the actual service. Blame bad players not good business decisions. LFR has been a shithole from the start anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    That isn't an excuse for disliking the service Blizz is offering. In fact, the service has merely 'flooded' these types of players for a short period of time instead of spreading them all out over quite a few different groups. Bad people are going to be bad no matter what and good people are going to be good no matter what. It's the lack of effort that's causing you the issue, not the actual service. Blame bad players not good business decisions. LFR has been a shithole from the start anyway.
    Not to mention these are primarily people using the free 90 boosts they get when pre-ordering WoD. You aren't going to get a lot of people spamming $60 dollar characters when the expack comes out. AND, if Blizzard really wanted to monetize that service, they could have been charging half that.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Not to mention these are primarily people using the free 90 boosts they get when pre-ordering WoD. You aren't going to get a lot of people spamming $60 dollar characters when the expack comes out. AND, if Blizzard really wanted to monetize that service, they could have been charging half that.
    Yea, it's the casual fanbois who are causing issues but they've ALWAYS caused issues because they're simply bad. If the service was the real issue then no one who buys a boost can be good ever. The problem is the bad players, not the service. People need to learn where to put their frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    So this guy i talked to ingame...

Saw him and was like "oh grats for paying 66$ to boost a character to 90 when it would take like just a few days to be 90"

And he replies with "err no this character was sitting at 85 forever i dont have time to play"

So ok, 1-90 is understandable a little but 85-90 even after the experience nerf? Why even bother to play the game at all then? That money could have been gone to something much better.

All i can say is grats blizzard, you always find ways to reel the money in.
    After having leveled ... uh ... *opens launcher, counts* 10 characters to 90 with another at 87, I am seriously considering boosting one of my 85s just so I don't have to do Pandaria again. (I won't. But it's crossed my mind.)

Wrath and Cata did it right with branching choices for where to start leveling and continue leveling. Pandaria is much more like Outland with the single starting zone for both factions, and it's only the fact Jade Forest is really freakin' pretty that I don't despise it as much as I do HFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    Why do I care when I see a bot running in game? He's getting something that I earned without playing the game.
    That is a completly different thing, as that is, not only breaking the rules, but getting something for free,without paying working for it.
    A paied char boost, is paied for, and if you have paied for it, you have worked for it (due to working in order to get the money)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    I care because it is affecting my game. If competitors are just winning with wallet, its not fun anymore.
    It doesn't even remotely affect your game, your gameplay, or even your imaginary gameplay..
    Leveling up to 90 at the current time of the x-pack is no longer a competition, and if you do, its one you lost before you even started, hence p2boost complaining is mute due to the contest already beeing over.

- - - Updated - - -

If you dont have time to play then dont? Seriously its not that you HAVE to play.

And yes, boosted 90's are destroying this game, as much as powerleveld toons were destroying every MMO to date, its not ANY different.
    HOW are they destroying the game? Like.. really? a powerboosted char has NEVER ruined a game. All it ruins, is your ego.

- - - Updated - - -

Work harder so you can cheat in online games. Yep, totally worh it.
    Do you even know what a cheat is?