Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wink #FunFactor (Solace and Insanity) vs (Mindbender) vs (From Darkness, Comes Light)

So which of these talents bring you most joy?

1) Burst n' pretty purple ray of light Mind Flay spell?

2) More powerful Shadowfiend that turns into a brain eater that you can use much more often?

3) Loads of (instant cast) Mind Spikes, svosh'svosh'svosh

Deleted
    Mindbender, the only talent in that tier that isnt annoying to play with and that allows you to actually deal with raid mechanics without hindering your dps (God I hate SoI turretpriest so much ).

Insanity is the only one that can restrict mobility, so that one is last on my list of fun for sure. Mindbender isn't exactly fun or anything else for that matter, so FDCL is my winner.

I like that Shadow can have random procs that spice up the otherwise monotonous rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Insanity is the only one that can restrict mobility, so that one is last on my list of fun for sure. Mindbender isn't exactly fun or anything else for that matter, so FDCL is my winner.
    Well the mobility isn't that important for PvE, sure you have to move sometimes, but Insanity is really good no matter what.

I love my purple death lazor, but for fun factor I'd have to go with FDCL, it's just so comfy to be able to run around firing off procs on the move. But the loss in ST dmg is a little too steep atm. :[
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SwizzleTweets View Post
    Well the mobility isn't that important for PvE, sure you have to move sometimes, but Insanity is really good no matter what.
    Mobility is extremely important in PvE, especially considering Spriests are one of the worse dps without having to move. With movement it hurts.

I'm a big fan of SoI and FDCL

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Mobility is extremely important in PvE, especially considering Spriests are one of the worse dps without having to move. With movement it hurts.

I'm a big fan of SoI and FDCL
    Ok, honestly.. I wish we did have a channel spell like Penance /w glyph.
    Some new awesome Shadowy colored light being shot (feeling bursty) at the target, while you can move (with glyph perhaps).

Mindbender is boring but I like how reliable it is.

FDCL is only fun when you need to move with procs but feels gross with DI.

Insanity can die in a fire. As a side note I also find the spell animation rather lackluster, it looked a little weird during beta but at least it was flashy(I want Halo's beta animation though).

Deleted
    Solace and Insanity is definately the most fun. I dont know how you define your fun , but pressing a button that isn't even on global every minute or mindlessly throwing proccs at shit isn't challenging at all, neither is it rewarding. Perfect insanity play on the other hand is. Interacts with proccs and the encounter and takes a lot of micromanaging to get the most out of. Its basically the only thing besides snapshotting that makes shadow not a braindead specc for retards ( which every other caster in the game is at the moment). People complaining about it being shit and stupid and no fun at all just dont have the wits to handle it properly. The fact that it is mandatory on every single fight in SoO stinks though, should be an alternative. ( No there is no fight where any other talent beats Insanity, not even FDCL on Protectors)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just for funsies sometimes I like to put out as much DPS as I can.

For fun.

I wish that more casters were balanced to have mobility around what Shadow has. Its more fun to be rewarded for being good with movement rather than just jumping around and casting on the move whenever you need to move. None of the three talents really add too much from a gameplay standpoint, though insanity does reward good movement slightly more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazu View Post
    Solace and Insanity is definately the most fun. I dont know how you define your fun , but pressing a button that isn't even on global every minute or mindlessly throwing proccs at shit isn't challenging at all, neither is it rewarding. Perfect insanity play on the other hand is. Interacts with proccs and the encounter and takes a lot of micromanaging to get the most out of. Its basically the only thing besides snapshotting that makes shadow not a braindead specc for retards ( which every other caster in the game is at the moment). People complaining about it being shit and stupid and no fun at all just dont have the wits to handle it properly. The fact that it is mandatory on every single fight in SoO stinks though, should be an alternative. ( No there is no fight where any other talent beats Insanity, not even FDCL on Protectors)
    The micromanaging part of it is what makes it LESS fun to play to me. It's a chore to have to decide every time your third MB is coming off CD whether or not to refresh DoTs based on their duration, any upcoming boss mechanic, and their current strength. And if you're running with DI you can't even plan ahead because a proc can come any time and regardless if your DoTs are going to fall off you have to stop and cast DP/Insanity and let DoTs fall off because one spell is too powerful and that feels gross. Sure, planning ahead and minimizing movement can be rewarding along with optimal Insanity play, but there are plenty of times where you have to move and there's nothing you can do about it and you're punished more than anyone else for it because of Insanity.

I don't know, perhaps I'm just tired of having to stay with it every single fight for the past two tiers.

FLCD.

I like procs. It feels so good when you get a lot of procs. Always.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazu View Post
    Its basically the only thing besides snapshotting that makes shadow not a braindead specc for retards ( which every other caster in the game is at the moment)
    A) Snapshotting is not hard and B) Demo lock says hi.

Cute ideals anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    The micromanaging part of it is what makes it LESS fun to play to me. It's a chore to have to decide every time your third MB is coming off CD whether or not to refresh DoTs based on their duration, any upcoming boss mechanic, and their current strength. And if you're running with DI you can't even plan ahead because a proc can come any time and regardless if your DoTs are going to fall off you have to stop and cast DP/Insanity and let DoTs fall off because one spell is too powerful and that feels gross. Sure, planning ahead and minimizing movement can be rewarding along with optimal Insanity play, but there are plenty of times where you have to move and there's nothing you can do about it and you're punished more than anyone else for it because of Insanity.

I don't know, perhaps I'm just tired of having to stay with it every single fight for the past two tiers.
    You be glad it's a choice, and that actually some people might ENJOY it, like me.
    So you just shut up about whining so much about this ability cus, it's kinda dumb to whine about something that isn't even a required skill to use as it's a talent option.

And people say there isn't any choices, pfsh. Finally we have choices, why don't you rather talk about what you actually like then attacking those who does like what you don't like feel it!?

Quote Originally Posted by SwizzleTweets View Post
    You be glad it's a choice, and that actually some people might ENJOY it, like me.
    So you just shut up about whining so much about this ability cus, it's kinda dumb to whine about something that isn't even a required skill to use as it's a talent option.

And people say there isn't any choices, pfsh. Finally we have choices, why don't you rather talk about what you actually like then attacking those who does like what you don't like feel it!?
    lol wut?

First off, it's not much of a choice. I can either do the most damage I can, or do considerably less by choosing another talent. My guild is working on 25m Heroic Garrosh right now and choosing anything but Insanity is hurting my team especially being on engineers. I suppose I could pick other talents on farm fights for shits and giggles, but that's no way to work towards getting better and optimizing DPS.

Secondly, I haven't attacked anyone and these forums aren't only for people who enjoy every aspect of Shadow or only for those who want to talk about those very aspects.

Also, I like Cascade and how DP is now. Happy?

I'd love FDCL to be baseline, even at a reduced proc rate..

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    lol wut?

First off, it's not much of a choice. I can either do the most damage I can, or do considerably less by choosing another talent. My guild is working on 25m Heroic Garrosh right now and choosing anything but Insanity is hurting my team especially being on engineers. I suppose I could pick other talents on farm fights for shits and giggles, but that's no way to work towards getting better and optimizing DPS.

Secondly, I haven't attacked anyone and these forums aren't only for people who enjoy every aspect of Shadow or only for those who want to talk about those very aspects.

Also, I like Cascade and how DP is now. Happy?
    Considerably less is considerably little, you can say it as much as you want, there is still a choice.
    This game isn't about meters, and being top damage dealer.

I'm sure if you chose one of the other talents you enjoy more, you would still be able to beat Heroic Garrosh, lol.
    If not, then there are other issues you got, don't blame talents - as I said, playing for meters isn't in my book, it's bit lame.

I love procs, mobility and fat crits so FDCL is my clear favourite. Also I hate staring at the cast bar for MF ticks so I try to avoid S&I as much as possible.