View Poll Results: What is the probability that the Tinker can be the next class ( IYO)

Voters
1260. This poll is closed
  • 0%

660 52.38%
  • 0-10%

189 15.00%
  • 10-20%

58 4.60%
  • 20-30%

51 4.05%
  • 30-40%

30 2.38%
  • 40-50%

58 4.60%
  • 50-60%

48 3.81%
  • 60-70%

34 2.70%
  • 70-80%

38 3.02%
  • 80-90%

25 1.98%
  • 90-100%

69 5.48%
    What I'm getting from this thread is that if we ever get Gnome Paladins, they'll wield the Light by turning into a laser cannon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What I'm getting from this thread is that if we ever get Gnome Paladins, they'll wield the Light by turning into a laser cannon.
    Yes

Well.... maybe yes. Ideally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Nope, that's just your opinion. Plenty of people would say the exact opposite.
    So far I have seen no one agree with you on that one.

Yet they're mentioned throughout WoW, which indicates that they are cannon.
    Your denial of basic facts that have been proven to you over and over again is truly astonishing.
    A title doesn't mean 'the class is mentioned'. Being a 'tinker' is no different than being a 'technician'. Simply titles for engineers.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So far I have seen no one agree with you on that one.
    Did you conduct a poll somewhere that I'm unaware of?

A title doesn't mean 'the class is mentioned'. Being a 'tinker' is no different than being a 'technician'. Simply titles for engineers.
    If someone says that his people are Tinkers, or if a character is labeled a Tinkerer, or if there's mention of a league of Tinkers in a far off location, then chances are we're talking about the same thing as the WC3 unit.

So is an Enhancement Shaman a Shaman, or is "Shaman" just a title and its actually a Warrior?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you conduct a poll somewhere that I'm unaware of?
    There is this thread's responses, and even the thread's pool being a good indicator of it.

EDIT: also, I throw your question back at you: how do you know 'plenty people would say otherwise'? Did you conduct a poll somewhere that I'm unaware of?

If someone says that his people are Tinkers, or if a character is labeled a Tinkerer, or if there's mention of a league of Tinkers in a far off location, then chances are we're talking about the same thing as the WC3 unit.
    In your dreams, maybe. It's just titles. You're just too ingrained in this static, unmoving tinker idea of yours to allow yourself to see reason.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    There is this thread's responses, and even the thread's pool being a good indicator of it.
    Except the respondents of this poll weren't asked that question. It's also not the main topic of this thread.

EDIT: also, I throw your question back at you: how do you know 'plenty people would say otherwise'? Did you conduct a poll somewhere that I'm unaware of?
    People have different tastes. I'm shocked that I have to inform you of that.

In your dreams, maybe. It's just titles. You're just too ingrained in this static, unmoving tinker idea of yours to allow yourself to see reason.
    So is "Enhancement Shaman" just a title for a Warrior?

Also it's not my Tinker idea, it's Blizzard's Tinker idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except the respondents of this poll weren't asked that question. It's also not the main topic of this thread.
    Yet it shows a trend of people not wanting the Tinker.

People have different tastes. I'm shocked that I have to inform you of that.
    True. But it's a fact that drenching people in beer then setting on fire is way less whymsical than a humongous mecha-backpack that basically does everything. Also: drenching people in beer and setting them on fire? three out of hundreds of abilities in the monk's arsenal. It's different than your idea of having that cumbersome giant mecha-backpack being the bread, butter and meat of the tinker class, huh?

Also it's not my Tinker idea, it's Blizzard's Tinker idea.
    Blizzard's 'tinker' idea for WoW is the engineering profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet it shows a trend of people not wanting the Tinker.
    The majority of people on this forum dislike the idea of new classes in general.

True. But it's a fact that drenching people in beer then setting on fire is way less whymsical than a humongous mecha-backpack that basically does everything.
    Again, that's entirely your opinion.

Which is why none of the Tinker's abilities exist in said profession?

Oh boy......

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, that's entirely your opinion.
    Which mirrors the opinion of the majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which mirrors the opinion of the majority.
    And you're basing this on........?

10+ Year Old Account
    And you're basing this on........?
    The poll. The answers on this thread. Logic. And your incredibly holed arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    The poll. The answers on this thread. Logic. And your incredibly holed arguments.
    How is a poll about "What is the probability that the Tinker can be the next class" indicative of people's view of the level of whimsicality between a Monk and a Tinker?

The Engineering Profession is NOT representative of the Tinker hero. The two concepts aren't similar, and as Teriz has said several times, the Tinker's abilities aren't found within it at all.

I really wish people would stop making such an ignorant argument. It's not even close to being logical or factual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    The Engineering Profession is NOT representative of the Tinker hero. The two concepts aren't similar, and as Teriz has said several times, the Tinker's abilities aren't found within it at all.

I really wish people would stop making such an ignorant argument. It's not even close to being logical or factual.
    It's not ignorant. The only 'ignorant' is the one making such accusations. There was a tech class in alpha that Blizzard unraveled and made into the profession. And saying the profession 'doesn't have the Tinker's abilities' is not an argument. For that same argument, the Demon Hunters are perfectly viable since there is no dual-wielding, shadow melee class.

Engineering can craft rockets, bombs, robots, golems, vehicles, everything the Tinker could build. It's impossible to separate a concept to make a class. The Tinkers produce robots, rockets and what-not to use. The Engineering does the same thing.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2014-03-19 at 02:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No class has the Crypt Lord abilities. I want a class based on the Warcraft 3 Crypt Lord. A mail-wearing tank/DPS.

Argument complete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beshou View Post
    No class has the Crypt Lord abilities. I want a class based on the Warcraft 3 Crypt Lord. A mail-wearing tank/DPS.

Argument complete.
    The Death Knight has the Crypt Lord's Locust Swarm ability. Its name and function was changed to Unholy Blight early in WotLK beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=115989/unholy-blight

And

Locust Swarm

Are different. Locust Swarm gives health back to the caster. It also says 'unholy insects', whereas the Locusts have to take in a certain amount of health before jumping back.

I mean, one is a locust and the other is just an unholy bug. Much more specific.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beshou View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=115989/unholy-blight

And

Locust Swarm

Are different. Locust Swarm gives health back to the caster. It also says 'unholy insects', whereas the Locusts have to take in a certain amount of health before jumping back.

I mean, one is a locust and the other is just an unholy bug. Much more specific.
    The "unholy bug" would be the locusts. They don't restore health because (for whatever reason) Blizzard felt that would be OP, however that is the representative of Locust Swarm in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not ignorant. The only 'ignorant' is the one making such accusations. There was a tech class in alpha that Blizzard unraveled and made into the profession.
    Link?

And saying the profession 'doesn't have the Tinker's abilities' is not an argument.
    Actually it is. If Engineering represents the Tinker hero, it should at least resemble the Tinker hero. It's also bizarre that Ghostcrawler wouldn't mention Engineering if someone asked him about the chance of a Tinker class. Wouldn't you mention the game system that represents the class that a fan is asking about?

For that same argument, the Demon Hunters are perfectly viable since there is no dual-wielding, shadow melee class.
    Death Knights? Rogues?

Engineering can craft rockets, bombs, robots, golems, vehicles, everything the Tinker could build. It's impossible to separate a concept to make a class. The Tinkers produce robots, rockets and what-not to use. The Engineering does the same thing.
    What separates them is the fact that one is using items, while the other is using class abilities. One can't kill a porcupine in Pandaria, while the other can tank raids and heal allies. One's purpose is to build mounts and trinkets. The other's purpose is to perform a role in the trinity.

They don't do the same thing. Not even close. You can't LFG or LFR as an Engineer. You don't have talents as an Engineer. There aren't glyphs for Engineers. Engineers don't have PvP and Raid tier armor.

To top it off, Engineering can be dropped for another profession by clicking an "X" button. In order for me to drop a Tinker class, I'd have to delete an entire character and reroll.

Let's stop the nonsense please.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post

It's currently the representing element in WoW, considering there is Goblin Engineering subspec that deals with similar themes to the Tinker - the use of Rockets and Explosives. Engineering itself may not represent the Tinker hero, but it represents the technology theme in WoW.

Does this mean a Tech class can't exist? No. But it should be recognized that the two concepts ARE similar because they are based on the same theme - Goblin Technology.