Fury warrior BIS CM

Hi guys I need some advice for CM with my Fury warrior, can someone say me what is the BIS list? Thanks a lot

Fury Warrior BiS list is to spec Arms and accept that Fury sucks in CMs because of scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Fury Warrior BiS list is to spec Arms and accept that Fury sucks in CMs because of scaling.
    This answer made me laugh. It's exactly what I was thinking when I read the title

Literally what the first post said. There is no BiS for Fury, because the crit % is too low.

Arms will literally bend fury over at 463.

10+ Year Old Account
    you don't need a bis set to get gold in challenge modes. just use gear that has crit and gem slots for more crit on them.

someone probably has their own version of a bis set for CMs lying around, but it shouldn't be that hard to look at all the items in the game's database on a site like wowhead and come up with a list.

Fury sux monkey in CMs.

Go arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spec: Arms (Fury at 463il with 20%~ crit is sad)
    Gear: Gem Sockets > Str/Crit > Mastery > Rest
    Trinkets: Str/Crit with lowest ICD

CM BiS is hard as it means having to go farm old/new raids for the gear which is best for Arms and has the most gem sockets. I personally did 9/9 golds over two nights with mates as Arms in my the raiding gear I had at the time and it was fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Fury sux monkey in CMs.

Go arms.
    It doesn't really matter, CMs are easy anyway. The players in your group are going to make a bigger difference than any spec you are playing. I have played with a few Fury Warriors while doing CMs and the group was really no worse for the wear.

As long as you have 2 ranged dps doing ludicrous damage it really doesn't matter what your 3rd DPS is as long as they don't end up tanking the floor boss all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    It doesn't really matter, CMs are easy anyway. The players in your group are going to make a bigger difference than any spec you are playing. I have played with a few Fury Warriors while doing CMs and the group was really no worse for the wear.

As long as you have 2 ranged dps doing ludicrous damage it really doesn't matter what your 3rd DPS is as long as they don't end up tanking the floor boss all the time.
    That is like arguing that it doesn't matter what spec you raid as, as long as the other raid members perform well. Arms is certainly superior to Fury for CMs, and this guy is obviously trying to make a good job of it. Nothing matters if you get carried, that is obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliria View Post
    That is like arguing that it doesn't matter what spec you raid as, as long as the other raid members perform well.
    Arms is better, yeah, or at least feels more fun to play but I have done CMs in a group with a Fury Warrior and did extremely well for people who were just getting gold. We finished multiple instances with a lot of time left on the clock.

I didn't have recount on so it's difficult to tell how much damage was really being contributed by this particular player, but throughout the entire instance damage output was a not even close to being an issue and was undeniably obscene.

Arms is better, yeah, or at least feels more fun to play but I have done CMs in a group with a Fury Warrior and did extremely well for people who were just getting gold. We finished multiple instances with a lot of time left on the clock.

I didn't have recount on so it's difficult to tell how much damage was really being contributed by this particular player, but throughout the entire instance damage output was a not even close to being an issue and was undeniably obscene.
    You just killed your own argument.

If you are lacking damage in CMs then you just have shitty players. The point is, Arms is much better than Fury in CMs. Arms doesn't rely on Crit to do damage(both specs have enrage, but Fury's mastery is tied hand-in-hand with Crit and so are a few abilities). Also CMs are very reliant on AoE, which Arms does better than Fury in the first place.

Arms is also better than Fury outside of CMs before you get to around 510-520 ilvl with 2 equal ilvl weapons.

Deleted
    As Oliria and Tehterokkar said, if you getting carried it doesn't matter, does it? As previously said, if you want to do the best dps your toon can, go arms.

When you're looking for BiS, you're usually working on Realm timers at least.
    For this, Arms will crush Fury.

If you're only going for gold, yeah, you can play Fury. But you don't need a BiS anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

As a matter of fact I did all CMs as Fury the first time I've done them, since it was during 5.0 and Arms and Fury were somehow on par for CMs. (Arms was slightly better, but I played Fury better and Fury offered those amazing Bladestorm burst on difficult packs.)

But now, during 5.4? Arms has become way better than Fury and should provide higher dps even if you have absolutely no idea of what you're doing. So if you want to optimize your character, there's really no question.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used the 2h axe off Lei Shen with the extra socket from the legendary chain, SoO normal/flex gear and some pvp pieces that happened to be better, the cd reduction trinket from Galakras and the blue on-use trinket from Heroic Scholo. I was arms, first time in CM's, ran with a good group and cleared in 2 nights, often topping meters easily. You don't need BiS for gold runs if that's what you wanna do. I also made 39 waves proving grounds with this set. 3 more seconds and 99% sure I would've hit at least 44. Anyways, good luck. Arms is the way to go. Just get gear with Crit and Mastery on it and you'll be good. I had like 25-26% crit buffed I believe.

Deep wounds and Bladestorm will carry you
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

I wouldn't call it getting carried when the difference between fury and arms at ilvl 463 is like 5%. Play what you like the most.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    I wouldn't call it getting carried when the difference between fury and arms at ilvl 463 is like 5%. Play what you like the most.
    That would have been the case with 5.0 but with 5.4 Arms is way ahead of fury

10+ Year Old Account
    Extra socket doesn't work IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Extra socket doesn't work IIRC.
    The prismatic socket from ToT works along with the passive stats of the cloak. Nothing else from the Legendary chain works for Challenge Modes.

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUMNizpnwYc

A guide with some guide lines for "BIS"

Deleted
    Gear with crit and mastery and generally abuse most SoO gear with the extra sockets even its from lfr.