Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Prot Pally ring choices

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yryso/advanced

I'm wondering if I need to replace both my rings, or just one. It appears that the ones from both Spoils and Blackfuse (both for Ret spec for some reason) would be more beneficial than the others. Is this correct, and should I be aiming for them?

As far as Haste goes I've got nearly 11,000 of it. The rings from Spoils/Blackfuse give Haste socket bonuses, but do I really need anymore Haste?

ofc you need more haste! try to aim for 40% or 50%.
    the one you got, bloodclaw band, is also a good choise since it gives haste bonus in a yellow socket. furthermore the one from thok is a good alternative. but indeed the one from siegecrafter is the best with its high exp + haste

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yryso/advanced

I'm wondering if I need to replace both my rings, or just one. It appears that the ones from both Spoils and Blackfuse (both for Ret spec for some reason) would be more beneficial than the others. Is this correct, and should I be aiming for them?

As far as Haste goes I've got nearly 11,000 of it. The rings from Spoils/Blackfuse give Haste socket bonuses, but do I really need anymore Haste?
    You should be ret specialization for most fights. You want to aim for 21250 haste at which point you'll hit 50% (which means a 1.0 second GCD) - there are no raid buffs that buff haste.

You're also hitting way too many socket bonuses you shouldn't be going for. The only non-yellow-only bonus you should consider going for is the one in your helm, in every other socket just plug in a full haste one (this goes for JC-only gems too, drop the stamina). And if you absolutely feel like you have to meet a socket bonus with a red gem - go for expertise/haste - not str/haste.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    You should be ret specialization for most fights. You want to aim for 21250 haste at which point you'll hit 50% (which means a 1.0 second GCD) - there are no raid buffs that buff haste.

You're also hitting way too many socket bonuses you shouldn't be going for. The only non-yellow-only bonus you should consider going for is the one in your helm, in every other socket just plug in a full haste one (this goes for JC-only gems too, drop the stamina). And if you absolutely feel like you have to meet a socket bonus with a red gem - go for expertise/haste - not str/haste.
    I thought socket bonuses for Stamina were worth something too (as well as Haste)?

EDIT: Blackfuse is being a little ***** with coughing up the gear I need. Still, the ring and shoulders are all I need now. That's a good thing right?

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    I thought socket bonuses for Stamina were worth something too (as well as Haste)?

EDIT: Blackfuse is being a little ***** with coughing up the gear I need. Still, the ring and shoulders are all I need now. That's a good thing right?
    Only worth socketing for Stamina (or getting Stamina anyway) if you go from being one shot to two shot on your content level, not including messing up your rotation and missing an ability you should have had something up for.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Only worth socketing for Stamina (or getting Stamina anyway) if you go from being one shot to two shot on your content level, not including messing up your rotation and missing an ability you should have had something up for.
    I only play LFR, as Flex is either hard to find a competent group in or I get abused for allegedly doing something wrong. I rarely went down in any LFR boss fight, and this was before getting the legendary cloak. So, maybe I don't need that much Stamina. As it is I'm around 850-900k+.

Deleted
    + Dunno if its matter of rapid gear changes, but you have over 18pts of expertise while reforging away avoidance stats from avoidance/expertise items. Worth to change too