Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kacie View Post
    This is my vuhdo i like my frames dark, health lost shows as class color.
    So, so cluttery when showing other peoples hots . Where's the cluster tracker? Is it the EOL icon on a few of the frames?

+1 for how much you can customize vuhdo over any other options out there. Example one and two.

Elv frames are nice but in a raid specially 25m the memory useage bumps right up from 30mb to 70mb that's the reason i no longer use those frames.
    I don't even notice the memory increase to be honest.

Still, if Vuhdo can work as a drop in for ElvUI without being a headache to configure I may give it a spin sometime

I use the standard Blizzard raid frames and mouseover macros. People keep telling me they can't heal without Grid, but they seem to run into problems that I've never experienced by having to add boss mechanics etc (I've healed Malkorok with at least 5 people using Grid who can't see the absorbs). Besides that I use Ingela's Rapture and a few Weakauras to track some stuff without having to stare at my buffs and bars.

Deleted
    Never had a problem with missing buffs on vuhdo :\
    And takes about 10 seconds to add the spell id if it is somehow or I want something weird added

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I use the standard Blizzard raid frames and mouseover macros. People keep telling me they can't heal without Grid, but they seem to run into problems that I've never experienced by having to add boss mechanics etc (I've healed Malkorok with at least 5 people using Grid who can't see the absorbs). Besides that I use Ingela's Rapture and a few Weakauras to track some stuff without having to stare at my buffs and bars.
    Vuhdo tracks them by default - this is my whole issue with grid. You don't even know you're missing with Grid until you end up wiping the raid because it's not tracking a very important mechanic.

Blizzard frames are pretty good. I just like to be able to customize what I am seeing and what I don't want to see.

Elv frames are nice but in a raid specially 25m the memory useage bumps right up from 30mb to 70mb that's the reason i no longer use those frames.
    Honestly if you are worried about a 40 mB increase then you don't want to know how much ram it takes just to run the game client or either your comp can't handle 25m. IMHO.

ElvUI + Clique + ElvUI_PriestAoe
    Elvs raid frames can't be beat when setup properly.

Grid + Clique
    Ingela's rapture
    Prayer of mending tracker
    pokemon x/y 3ds 3969-5096-1949 Abra, Espurr and Xatu

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a question regarding buffs shown in Grid; I would like to see a difference between Aegis (and other buffs) coming from me and from others, preferably not using 2 icons for it but perhaps different in color or size or something else. Its useful to keep track of both. Can you also make it change color or size depending on how big the absorb is? Any other nice solution?:-)

Weakauras for ProM, Rapture, DA on tanks and SS. Tried Grid once but I preferred the standard UI.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    I have a question regarding buffs shown in Grid; I would like to see a difference between Aegis (and other buffs) coming from me and from others, preferably not using 2 icons for it but perhaps different in color or size or something else. Its useful to keep track of both. Can you also make it change color or size depending on how big the absorb is? Any other nice solution?:-)
    I never tried to track stuff from other healers, only PoM, major cooldowns and incoming heals but I think it might be possible to do that though. Let me get back at you later when I get home from the office.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just need something to track rapture like weakauras
    Last edited by Illiterate; 2014-03-19 at 03:18 PM.

I've never gotten into mouse-over macro's, feels too unstable for my play style.

I'm more of grid+clique girl and Weakaura's <3 for practically everything I like on my screen - cd's, rapture, proc's, timer's..

@ someone who was looking to track DA from other priests on their grid. It technically can be possible, but it would be a huge overdose of information on your frames. I do track SS from the other disc I raid with, I can share that info once I'm home and can look at my grid set up
    Last edited by Teegs; 2014-03-19 at 04:00 PM.
    Teegers - Disc/Holy Priest - Summit - 14/14H
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Teegers/simple
    http://www.twitch.tv/teegsx

Quote Originally Posted by Teegs View Post
    I've never gotten into mouse-over macro's, feels too unstable for my play style.

I'm more of grid+clique girl and Weakaura's <3 for practically everything I like on my screen - cd's, rapture, proc's, timer's..

@ someone who was looking to track DA from other priests on their grid. It CAN be possible, but it could be a huge overdose of information on your frames. I do track SS from the other disc however. I can share this info once I'm home and can look at my grid set up
    I've been using clique for years and still use it with vuhdo - for no logical reason! I also use weakauras, though I do like coolline. I might ditch a few weakauras and try to use mostly coolline for my longer cds.

I'm not sure why anyone would need to track DA from other priests...

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    You can seperate your DAs from others using Grid 2.

It has a specific option, "show if mine/show if not mine". You check one or the other when you make the status, and then in the status' options you can select things like different colors, sizes, etc, based on factors like number of stacks/elapsed time/time left. Then, just set both statuses to maybe show up in the same place, but place one as being higher importance (i.e. in this screenshot, I have both my own PoM showing as well as not-my PoMs showing, but they're both in the bottom corner; if it has both mine and someone else's PoM on one target, MY PoM has priority.*)

So short answer is, you would need two separate statuses, but you can do it easily using Grid2.

As for just normal grid: I don't think there's an option. It used to be possible with a plug-in like GridStatusHoTs which separated YOUR spells from the spells of others, but that was the plug-in that gave me so many problems, so I do not suggest using it (or if you absolutely must, turn it off for fights like Noru and Sha of Pride). However, if there's a similar mod which is updated, then that would be what you wanted. There might be some out there that can do it, but I don't know them offhand. As far as I know, the only way to do it in Grid would be to make two statuses - one with "only me" checked and one without - but I'm thinking it's impossible to add the same buff twice without a plug-in that has that functionality.

One alternative option would be to say, make your DA an corner icon or whatever, and then have a greater "conglomerate absorb" marker which (at least in Grid2) can change color depending on how full the shield is. That way, you know that some sort of shield is on a target, and it doesn't necessarily have to be yours, but you also have your own marker for your own DA somewhere else on the Grid layout so you can see - "okay, this guy definitely has my DA, and this guy has a shield above 250k absorb, but it isn't my DA." Does that make sense? For me, I have the outline of the health boxes as a shield indicator (can be my DA/SS, another Priest's DA/SS, Pally bubbles, whatevz) and then my bottom indicator is my personal SS (and DA) indicators. I'm pretty sure that's possible in both Grid and Grid2, but I know it's not really ideal.

*I realize only one PoM can ever be on a target, I just made that quickly to show what I meant and it was the first spell that popped into my mind :P I don't actually use that status, don't worry.

EDIT: Forgot a screenshot! (Also, sorry I took them directly over my chatlog...trade chat is classy as ever.)
    Last edited by Tulani; 2014-03-19 at 08:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you very much:-) It is possible to separate "own & others" buffs, not sure about color (fairly sure u can) and absorb sizes (I think not) tho. Maybe Ill try Grid2, give it another chance. But later, cause now Ill have a nice break on the islands of Thailand for a couple of weeks;-) Cya priestlings:-)

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Vuhdo for all of my healing classes. For my DPS classes. For my Tank classes. It is the one addon I would not want to do without. I use it to replace the Blizzard frames.