Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Wow, bitter much? It's a time sink, it requires a lot more effort than a lot of previous legendaries and I could reverse that lil'bitchy statement on you by saying you don't need a guild to carry you to it. You really need to get a grip.

I've been there. I've been in those progression guilds (even led raids for a spell) where we all work so hard to get one guy his shiny. And then what? Nothing. You get nothing. He gets an item he immediately goes and PVPs with. Wow, big whoop. What the fuck is the point? The satisfaction of helping a guild member obtain something that was obsolete before even using it? Bah. Legendaries didn't even become useful until LK and even then the second one was obsolete right away.

There's no prestige to a legendary. It just means your guild liked you. Or you didn't hop to another guild. Or your head is so far up your own ass you can smell what was for dinner last night. There has never been skill involved until solo missions during the quest (which I think came during Shadowmourne first?). There's never been a HC or Heroic only Legendary. There, have, however, been plenty of HC only weapons, mounts and armor items. THOSE require skill.

This one was a quest. A time sink, but an ACTUAL FUCKING QUEST. So what if it can go to everyone? I have all three my monk can use. I have three other toons I plan on equipping with it as well. One I made last week! This is the first one done right. It focuses on a quest, is actually USABLE in the final tier of content. Think for a second, what would be the point of needing to kill Garrosh since he is the final boss in the game currently to obtain a power boosting item YOU CAN'T EVEN FUCKING TRANSMOG?

THERE WOULD BE NO POINT.

That is, unless you're one of those dick-waving idiots that links a Thunderfury in trade chat every so often, in which case you have my pity.
    You sound exactly like one of the cry babies who's guild didn't like them and didn't get one from a previous tier and now feels better about life because they too have a "legendary." And I think you're confusing "effort" with an investment of time. They are not the same.

Don't kid yourself by saying you worked so hard to get someone else their legendary. You did your normal raid and they collected their drops. You did nothing out of the ordinary, let alone "worked soooo hard" for someone else. Lol, please. Your delusion of self-importance is comical.

I don't care that everyone has one. I don't even care that I have one. That has nothing to do with the fact that it's a welfare handout for people who need a current-tier legendary to keep from cutting themselves all night. It's quite obvious you do care though since you have plans for bring your count up to 6. I bet you tell all your friends about how many you have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    This one was a quest. A time sink, but an ACTUAL FUCKING QUEST. So what if it can go to everyone? I have all three my monk can use. I have three other toons I plan on equipping with it as well. One I made last week! This is the first one done right. It focuses on a quest, is actually USABLE in the final tier of content. Think for a second, what would be the point of needing to kill Garrosh since he is the final boss in the game currently to obtain a power boosting item YOU CAN'T EVEN FUCKING TRANSMOG?
    I don't really like this "legendary", but your logic is sound. That being said, I do fail to see where the "skill" factor in this legendary really is. The quest is incredibly easy, which obviously is due to the fact that near enough everyone can do the previous quests, which means that they need to cater to a far lower skill level.

The problem with this cape is not the droprates on stones but the , now, obsolete story of the questline.
    It was made so you would start at the beginning of the expansion and follow along with it, hence all the story in it about mogu and the thunder king.

Some parts of the questline now are just obsolete, the part where you wait 6 weeks on 6k VP ( 3k nowadays ) was put in cause ToT wasn't out yet so they had to made you do something cause the next part of the questline has you gathering things out of ToT and thrusting a spear into Nalak on the Isle of Thunder.

If you start the legendary questline today then the part where you wait 3 weeks on VP is obsolete and should have been deleted when 5.4 came out , there is no reason to wait on 3k VP cause ToT and the Isle of Thunder are there now and have been for a year.

Not going to go into the discussion about the droprates on the 20 and 12 final stone part , depending on RNG you can find that droprate is too low, if you are one of the lucky sobs getting 6 stones / week you might find it just fine.
    I personally think they should have boosted the secrets of the empire and the titan runestones like they did with the sigils of power/wisdom.

Deleted
    You complain about 4 in a week? You would have loved it when it only dropped from tot and lei shen didnt drop one 100 percent

Deleted
    Remember when people went 3-4 weeks without seeing a single one before the lei-shen an ra-den guarenteed drops in 5.2-5.3? Now read your post again and think about how lucky you actually are...

Hell I ran tot normal through heroic that entire tier from release day and saw lfr heroes with the 600 cloak 5-10 weeks before I got mine but that's another issue blizzard didn't address, giving actual raiders a higher chance to get them -.-
    Last edited by mmoc3619dc7e61; 2014-03-15 at 09:21 PM.

took me like 10-12 weeks, it's currently a complete joke, but hey whiners are whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarsiglio View Post
    It's welfare because there's no reason not to have it after 3-4 months. It doesn't take skill or dedication. If you do any raiding whatsoever you will get it. It's a stupid chore and in no way "legendary."
    Wait, you actually think getting any of the legendaries in WoW's history involved skill?

Deleted
    Took my priest 3 weeks to get all his runestones, got his last and his cloak last night~

It was far easier than trying to get all 12 before SoO came out, that's for sure.

I was locked out of Flesh-Shaping starting the quest on Tuesday, and I still got 6 out of only the last ToT wing and first 2 of SoO. Unless I really get screwed by RNG, I'll get it next week. Secrets also took 3 weeks, ending this week (and starting runestones same week). I got 8 per week on those.

Not sure if I got crazy lucky or what.

I have a 535 Timeless cloak currently equipped, so I guess that will have to suffice for yet another week.
    So this means 1 of 2 things.

1. You are an idiot and wasted a Burden on a cloak. Unless you're raiding Flex or higher, you screwed yourself on a Burden since you'll be upgrading that eventually, or

2. You have an abundance of Burdens, which means your RNG luck isn't all that bad after all.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2014-03-20 at 06:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They had a horrendous droprate when there were no guaranteed runestones. Now that you have 2 runestones guaranteed (plus Ra-den if you bother with it), it's positively heavenly compared to when that particular quest was fresh and new.

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Took me 11 weeks to finish rune stones, join the RNG train.
    This is why I always vote against the RNG
    12 items with 10% drop chance, or 120 items with 100% drop chance.
    Same average, less variation because of somebody being unlucky.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    The legendary cloak is the biggest welfare item ever added to the game. 28 item levels higher than anything else you can currently get and every "raid" portion of the chain can be completed in LFR which is full of people afking or in a 50/50 mix of ungemmed/enchanted PVE and PVP gear. Even those people will have one soon enough. Hell, you don't even need to kill Garrosh, not even on LFR! That's because some people are so bad they couldn't get that done, but they want them to have the cloak to they don't have to listen to the "wah I didn't get a legendary" tears that flow every xpac.

They might as well just drop one in your mailbox once you renew your sub for 4 consecutive months.
    While I agree it is easy to get it, complaining about PvP gear in lfr is a bit.... weird.
    Now that resillience isn't on gear anymore, PvP gear = PvE gear for raiding if they are same itemlevel.
    Many people in lfr can't kill normal bosses(or even flex), but they can be lucky and get 550 PvP gear from celestials or spam 200 arenas to cap(only winning against people that afk in queue and miss the arena)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    So this means 1 of 2 things.

1. You are an idiot and wasted a Burden on a cloak. Unless you're raiding Flex or higher, you screwed yourself on a Burden since you'll be upgrading that eventually, or

2. You have an abundance of Burdens, which means your RNG luck isn't all that bad after all.
    3. Farmed so much timeless coins in lack of anything better to do

4. Got so many items from flex/normal that cloak was the only 535 item that would be an upgrade(More RNG luck than 2 I guess)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kzn View Post
    Wait, you actually think getting any of the legendaries in WoW's history involved skill?
    It took a lot of skill to convince a friend to spend the majority of the blood queen fight just lifetapping to death in fire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!