Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Warlock population after boosts

So, I guess the sample is small but it might show a trend (that annoys me to be honest). Warlocks had the most boosts to 90. They also indicate that it is more or less a guess using an algorithm, since they had no way to determine if a character is boosted. What do you think?

Something else.

-Warriors getting a talent turning Prot into DPS spec. Any chance Warlocks could get a talent changing Demonology into tank spec?
    -Not right now. Turning Prot into DPS is trivial compared to turning Demonology into Tank.

Right now?
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

People used their boost for the most overpowered class in pve right now, it ain't really surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there's some substance to those stats, a lot of people rerolled or rolled a Warlock alt because the class as a whole has been overpowered in PvE all expansion, the overhaul was generally well received, and because of the green fire quest. Not at all surprised it's proven so popular as a choice for boosting to 90.

As for getting a talent for a tank spec, it just means it's still an idea on the shelf so not ruling it in or out which has always been the stance.

Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    People used their boost for the most overpowered class in pve right now, it ain't really surprising.
    That, and we got a huge overhaul and a lot of people hate levelling locks.

Though I doubt it'll last long. Most random locks I meet are absolutely horrible. Once they discover they can't pull off the numbers they'll probably go back to what they played before.

I get asked a lot about "okay now I have this lock how do I play xyz" a few moments into the explanation their proverbial eyes glaze over and they just shake their head. For as much eliteist BS people on here like to spout about 2304029098 keybinds, uber complexity, and how "easy" it all is when you compare to what other classes do we tend to confuse people who are not familiar with the class. Keep in mind...what is "easy" for someone who has played a class for nearly a decade and what is "easy" for someone who just started isn't the same. Especially if they are not already an advanced or highly skilled player.

Of course some of the wtf'ery in terms of when we get which spells also makes leveling a lock awkward at some points. I mean if you tried affliction and tried leveling in dungeons you would hate the class.

It's because warlocks are so strong in PvE. They will be nerfed next X-pack and population will be low again.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't hate me but I am one of those guys ;-) I mained my Hunter during this expansion because I prefer playing ranged dps classes and had this one at max level end of the last expansion. How ever, the 3 specs feel so equally, that it is hard not to get bored. I boosted my lock because I enjoyed him a lot during Wrath of the Lichking and was courious about the changes. The Overhaul has turned out very well I must say. The Class is imensely fun to play in all three specs. Each Spec has got a clear identity and feels very unique. Also I think there are a lot of interesting talent choices available. I can clearly say that I personally did not pick it up to pad meeters in lfr. In fact I pity that destruction is so dominatingly strong right now. I have it as second spec, mostly for the green fire quest and play mainly Demonology.

The spec offers too much versatility compared to other specs. Whereas there are some specific situations where Affliction or Demonology shine, destro seems to have something up its sleve for every situation. Cleave? Don't you worry there is Havoc! AoE? Brimstone is going to solve your problems. A lot of damage real quick? Not an issue! You need a lot of self heal? Destruction is your spec of choice. There are too many a situations where destruction clearly is the best possible option. The fact it straight out dominates single target dps on low gear levels doesn't really make it an easy choice not to play destruction.

Alas, don't you worry. A lot of people who boost a character will screw around with it and eventuelly go back to what classes the have played before. I am not quite so sure about myself though. The greenfire quest really is awesome. I loved every minute of it. My personal highlight of this expansion.

Maybe the other classes/specs need to be stepped up.

I don't think the fact that Destro is so versatile is a bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Maybe the other classes/specs need to be stepped up.

I don't think the fact that Destro is so versatile is a bad thing.
    It prevents others having a niche, of course it's bad. No spec should be Master of Everything like Destruction is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    -Warriors getting a talent turning Prot into DPS spec. Any chance Warlocks could get a talent changing Demonology into tank spec?
    -Not right now. Turning Prot into DPS is trivial compared to turning Demonology into Tank.

Right now?
    Because mages needed a nail for the coffin that warlocks have been making for them in MoP.

More is better.

Much newbies Warlocks can evolve and learn and looking for new info and data and turn into great warlocks.

More ppl to our Dark and Malevolous Community is really great.

my warlock has always been affliction...it was the most fun spec for me to play...but eversince MoP i'm destro...it was easier for me to understand, i didn't have to redot as often and as i figured out, later on, it's the best spec...they need to bring up demo and affliction dmg - but i'll still stick to destro...it's the most fun spec for me

on topic: it's not a bad thing...now that you don't have to roll against others for a chance at a tier piece, it doesn't really matter. the world just got a little more plagued by affliction, demons and DESTRUCTION! <3

sometimes i wish i could set this whole world on fire!

WTB a spell that let's me sacrifice a fellow player to summon and bind a powerful demon ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It prevents others having a niche, of course it's bad. No spec should be Master of Everything like Destruction is right now.
    So what should Destro not be able to do? AoE, cleaving and burst are basic parts of any specs tool kit.

You sound increasingly bitter and jelly.

So what should Destro not be able to do? AoE, cleaving and burst are basic parts of any specs tool kit.

I Think the perfect setup would be kinda of:
    Destro should be a little bit weaker at single target and great in AOE overall, problems at movement;
    Affliction great in single, low burst and great multidot but lacks of aoe, very functional and few casts;
    Demo great burst, average single, weak in multidot and very strong in burst AOE, pet more attractive to raid-utility and movement free;

The same how it was before the revamp:
    - Affliction was best for multitarget fights
    - Destro was best for single target
    - Demo was best when aoe was needed

Being great at all three defeats the purpose of having three different specs.

If I remember correctly, at the beginning of MoP, Blizz didn't want players to feel like they had to change specs for each fight.

They even expressed regret at allowing dual spec and no way were they going to allow triple spec.

A Destro lock or an Affliction lock should feel like they have their own means of doing each job a dps does in the course of a raid. The style is different, but the tool kits should be complete.

If you want to talk numbers, thats fine. But I don't think I should have to switch to Demo for this fight because I need to AoE.
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2014-03-20 at 03:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Except those are things the other specs lack, and can't really compensate for elsewhere because Destro has those covered too.

Anywho, not much to be jelly of anymore, decided to quit raiding last night. At least for a while, who knows. Guess it's just bitterness then.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to talk numbers, thats fine. But I don't think I should have to switch to Demo for this fight because I need to AoE.
    That's funny, because I was having to switch increasingly to Destro for basically everything.

Seriously, fuck Destruction, it is OP, they know it's OP and it's fucking bullshit we're getting railroaded into it for another 6 months.

Well if the game is making you feel that way...no bueno.

I'm sorry to hear that as I really value your input on the forums.

The fights are all so add heavy this tier it really gives Destro a chance to shine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if the game is making you feel that way...no bueno.

I'm sorry to hear that as I really value your input on the forums.

The fights are all so add heavy this tier it really gives Destro a chance to shine.
    Well Demo would have been fine too if they hadn't made unwanted and unwarranted changes to Mannoroth's Fury. I still for the life of me have no idea what the hell they were thinking with that change, when the talent was actually an option for 2 of the three specs; to kill it off for one and balance the other around it so completely was a massive, massive mistake.

Edit: I'd just subbed for another 3 months and bought the WoD Pre-order, so I'm still playing and still be around; I'll just have more time for Diablo 3 and my harem of alts.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2014-03-20 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    Simple and yet true explanation