Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Burden of eternity by coins

What is the best way to get burdens the coin way?

Buy one for 50000 coins or open chests?

(the chests you buy keys for that is)
    Last edited by Cryonic; 2014-03-20 at 02:12 PM.

Deleted
    The monkeys chests used to have an exceptional drop rate for Burdens, but has since been nerfed -severely-. RNG is RNG at the end of the day, so if you don't like gambling, just pay the 50k coins. But if you want to take a chance, the chests -could- be lucrative. But not as much as once before. (Seven Burdens in a day once, that was nice.)
    Last edited by mmoc27674c4eec; 2014-03-20 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinksworth View Post
    The monkeys chests used to have an exceptional drop rate for Burdens, but has since been nerfed. RNG is RNG at the end of the day, so if you don't like gambling, just pay the 50k coins. But if you want to take a chance, the chests -could- be lucrative. But not as much as once before. (Seven Burdens in a day once, that was nice.)
    I just read your signature. I hope my day is awesome too.

I honestly think your best bet for Burdens is just farming rares man.

Deleted
    If you're after Burdens, make sure to kill each of the rares you can reach, especially Archerius and Dread Ship, at least once a day. As I recall (Or believe) your first kill of a particular rare each day has a higher chance of high grade loot, and then following kills of that rare will have diminishing loot drops. I've often seen a Burden on my first Archerius and Ship kill of the day. Rares yield great amounts of coins too, so even if a burden doesn't drop, the coin total increase makes just dropping even a single hit worth it.

I just read your signature. I hope my day is awesome too.
    Yep! Have a good one.
    Last edited by mmoc27674c4eec; 2014-03-20 at 02:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killing rares is good but imo farming coins from gulp frogs is the way to go. I pull 3 at a time with all my monk buffs+agi flask+agi food+Lily pad+3 timeless consumable buffs+ timeless nutriment+chi ji shrine buff. I got from 20k to 100k in like 7 hours to get the mount, only stopped to vender stuff which actually gives you a good amount of gold from greens too. Also every mob has a VERY small chance to drop a burden on the isle so IMO farming gulp frogs for coins for your burdens is the best way.

Monk Shaman

I had a bowl of nails for breakfast......without any milk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cafua View Post
    Killing rares is good but imo farming coins from gulp frogs is the way to go. I pull 3 at a time with all my monk buffs+agi flask+agi food+Lily pad+3 timeless consumable buffs+ timeless nutriment+chi ji shrine buff. I got from 20k to 100k in like 7 hours to get the mount, only stopped to vender stuff which actually gives you a good amount of gold from greens too. Also every mob has a VERY small chance to drop a burden on the isle so IMO farming gulp frogs for coins for your burdens is the best way.
    To the unprepared/ under-geared, those frogs are lethal.

To the unprepared/ under-geared, those frogs are lethal.

I just read your signature. And I am not having a nice day.

I hope you're not going to have a nice day too.

also to OP. Buy them with the 50k, the keys for chest is bad now

Deleted
    To the distracted, those frogs are lethal.
    As a 578 elemental shaman, your fixed quote applies to me.

Truly RNG.

I sometimes get 2 Burdens from 10k coins(10k at start, then bought keys until I ran out with coins from chest), sometimes I get none.

I even spent all my Hunter's coins(about 37k, farming charms from Island during 5.4 ) and got 0 Burdens but I got about 10 Bonkers(lol) and not a single Timeless Ring/Neck which I was after for an alt.

Deleted
    Tried it with several chars - on average, I got more than 1 Burden per 50k coins by opening the monkey chests, which would make it more lucrative.
    However, it also happened that I didn't get a single one - it's completely RNG based and thus can be quite frustrating.

That said, complementarily farming rares is definitely the way to go.

You get one free Burden per toon, you have to open a special chest up near ordos....

This thread is now about Blinks´signature.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie View Post
    This thread is now about Blinks´signature.
    A thread has been hijacked by a signature.
    Thats a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonath View Post
    You get one free Burden per toon, you have to open a special chest up near ordos....
    I know, but I still have slots to burden up =)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I had most burdens drop from rares. At one time my monk was wearing 6 timeless pieces upgraded with burdens.

In Dutch we have a saying which roughly translates into: "fortune is with the dumb"

So yeah, there's that

I seem to only get burdens when I dont need them.. :P

I used around 30k of initial coins (not counting the ones I got from the chests after that because if I would have bought the burden from the vendor these would have never existed) and I have gotten 2 burdens.

But in the end it is all about luck, so can't predict what will happen to other people.

Unfortunately, other than the guaranteed Burden you receive, the best way to get them is to just farm mobs and the rares. The other thing you can do is just grind your teeth through LFR SoO or get into some regular ToT raids with the 489 gear. In terms of gearing up, I would also suggest getting the 553 belt and pants. They aren't very expensive now (at least on my server), and would help boost your item level. I would say spending your coins would be better on one of the trinkets to raise your item level than a Burden.

I wish they would make them BOA already. I hate having EIGHT sitting in my vault collecting dust because I have no use for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    What is the best way to get burdens the coin way?

Buy one for 50000 coins or open chests?

(the chests you buy keys for that is)
    The best way to get burdens the coin way is to forget the coins and kill rares instead, the "big" ones (like Archierius, ship, Evermaw) especially.

Killing 5 wimpy rares gives you an 8-10% chance of at least one burden. Killing 5 big rares gives you a 15-25% chance of at least one burden. If you log on at your server's dead time (3AM or whenever) and kill rares for an hour you have an excellent chance of at least one Burden.

Trying to farm several in one week is a pain, but if you don't need them RIGHT NOW, they will start to accumulate.

Now, these 570 geared toons telling you how to farm Burdens, I have trouble with, because "570" doesn't compute with "farming Burdens."

15+ Year Old Account
    So many answers to my question. Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone that took there time to answer and give input how to farm.