View Poll Results: What is the probability that the Tinker can be the next class ( IYO)

Voters
1260. This poll is closed
  • 0%

660 52.38%
  • 0-10%

189 15.00%
  • 10-20%

58 4.60%
  • 20-30%

51 4.05%
  • 30-40%

30 2.38%
  • 40-50%

58 4.60%
  • 50-60%

48 3.81%
  • 60-70%

34 2.70%
  • 70-80%

38 3.02%
  • 80-90%

25 1.98%
  • 90-100%

69 5.48%
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Illidan= Warlock
    He is a Demon hunter Source Warcraft III, Alliance Player's Guide, pg. 47-48.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So what? If you're going to imply HotS is canon-wise connected to WoW to use the Gazzlowe hero as canon in WoW, then Diablo, Kerrigan and all the other heroes of HotS are also connected to WoW since they are in HotS. You cannot have it both ways.
    I never said that HotS was cannon. I was merely pointing out to Fixx that he "classes" of those heroes already exist in WoW.

What did I tell you about responding to posts before reading the discussion?

Actually, you're the one with little to no idea of what 'design space' is, with all the hypocrisy and semantics you keep using in favor of your ideas, and against other people's ideas.
    Pot meet kettle...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hatecore View Post
    He is a Demon hunter Source Warcraft III, Alliance Player's Guide, pg. 47-48.
    He's a demon in WoW. All things demon are attributed to the Warlock class, which is why they've received so much Illidan related stuff.

He's a demon in WoW. All things demon are attributed to the Warlock class, which is why they've received so much Illidan related stuff.

No no and no

stop making up shit

For that he was called Betrayer and was locked away for 10.000 years to Tyrande released him and set him loose in the world again.. There he gets the Skull of Guldan.. Story dont tell if it was Guldans skull or an artifact made by him, but it contains a lot of his memories.. it also cost him his soul and he gets "neither demon nor nightelf, but something more."
    he was NEVER A WARLOCK

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said that HotS was cannon. I was merely pointing out to Fixx that he "classes" of those heroes already exist in WoW.
    What did I tell you about responding to posts before reading the discussion?
    Yes, you did. Many times I told you that HotS is not connected in any in-game way to WoW, yet you kept saying that those two game are in-game connected to draw your Tinker idea from it. You need to start keeping your pseudo-facts straight, it's getting too easy to counter your 'facts' with your own, other 'facts'. Remember to re-read your older posts before you try to post more pseudo-facts.

Pot meet kettle...
    What? I'm not one reaching to games and series unconnected to WoW to try to argue viability of my ideas.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Yes, and none of it has conflict with the issues I've brought up. Illidan in Heroes is not whimsically designed,
    In your opinion.

not in conflict with MMORPG design (ie has no pathing blockers)
    So you're saying that there's no way blizzard art team can design a hammer tank that won't obstruct your view?

and he retains the identity of the Demon Hunter of Warcraft 3 without relying on abilities used by the Warlock, including a new Metamorphosis.
    Metamorphosis is a Warlock ability.

The Tinker from Heroes faces the same problems as implementing characters like Kurdran or Mechatorque, who have designs that aren't fitting for a WoW class. Gazlowe's abilities in Heroes would be acceptable, but his 'look' is intrusive to MMORPG visual design.
    I'd love to see some evidence, since there's plenty examples of effects and abilities that emanate from the back of a character.

- - - Updated - - -

No no and no

stop making up shit
    http://wowhead.com/npc=22917

Is Wowhead making shit up?

Heck, even HotS says that he's a demon.

http://wowhead.com/npc=22917

Lore wise when he gets the Skull of Guldan.. Story dont tell if it was Guldans skull or an artifact made by him, but it contains a lot of his memories.. it also cost him his soul and he gets "neither demon nor nightelf, but something more."

You said
    All things demon are attributed to the Warlock class, which is why they've received so much Illidan related stuff.
    ^ that is made up shit

All things demon are attributed to the Warlock class are not from Illidan
    Last edited by Hatecore; 2014-03-21 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Next class will be a ranged weapon user with agility mail armor to fill the itemization gap, it is the only logical choice for them to make.
    If filling item gaps was a valid avenue for discussion, wouldn't wand use be a priority? Every other weapon is used as more than a stat stick by some class. Item use gaps probably aren't a big issue when deciding on what class to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore wise when he gets the Skull of Guldan.. Story dont tell if it was Guldans skull or an artifact made by him, but it contains a lot of his memories.. it also cost him his soul and he gets "neither demon nor nightelf, but something more."
    That's nice. Too bad Wowhead is a better authority than whatever site you pulled that from.

^ that is made up shit

All things demon are attributed to the Warlock class are not from Illidan
    Which isn't what I said. I said that all things demon goes to Warlocks, and since Illidan is a demon, his abilities and attributes are pulled into the Warlock class by default.

infact warlock lore.

The Council of the Black Harvest

The pages within contain the story of the six master warlock trainers who unlocked the secrets of the most destructive forces to ever threaten Azeroth.

This rare alliance resulted in the new magics which were unleashed to all Warlock sects after The Cataclysm.

In the wake of The Cataclysm, the rising tensions between The Horde and Alliance have driven the greatest heroes of Azeroth to train for war. Warriors have readied their war banners. The Death Knights of Acherus have learned to control the Undead and it is even said the mages are researching ways to undo time itself.

Word of these new threats compelled the Warlocks to action. Convening in shadows, a council of six fought about what must be done to ensure the supremacy of their order, after several nights of blame, bickering, and signed beareds, the human Warlock Kanrethad spoke out:

"The relentless darkness which bathed Azeroth has been pushed back. Cho'Gall is slain and the remnants of the Twilight's Hammer cult have been scattered. Ragnaros is defeated and his armies forced back into the Firelands. Deathwing lies torn apart and his twilight drakes obliterated. However, the powers they commanded are not so easily forgotten... powers untapped and ripe for the taking."

"In fact, among us now stands several who have faced their power firsthand." He said, pointing at a hooded figure across the room. A deep, sinister laugh echoed through the room as his hood burst into flames and burned away to reveal the orc enchanted, Ritssyn.

"It is true, pink skin, I was there when the Firelord was vanquished. The intensity of his flame was unlike anything you can imagine." the burning glow of Ritssyn's eyes cast eerie shadows over his burn-scarred face and thick-tusked grin.

"Untrue." spat a sharp, feminine voice, Shinfel. A Blood Elf adorned with sharp spikes of twilight elementium glared across the table, "Until you've been a prisoner within your own mind you know nothing of horror." Shinfel's blood had been corrupted during the fight with Cho'gall and her arms were now covered in black marks left behind by the corruption that had erupted from her skin. The experience had only served to increase the intensity of her sadism. Shinfel continued, "Even the Firelord's flames were overshadowed by the raw chaos unleashed by the Destroyer." She paused a moment and glanced to a Worgen who remained eerily silent. Zinnin had been present when Deathing was unmade and had not spoken a word since. Zinnin's eyes narrowed for a moment, then snarled at Ritssyn.

Kanrethad stood up from the table and took a deep breath. "This is exactly why we are here. I have no love for any of you, but we each bore witness to pieces of even greater power. Imagine - if we fused the molten fury of the Firelands with the unstoppable chaos of Deathwing, even the powers of the burning legion could not hold a candle to our flames!"

Ritssyn kicked his boots upon the table and snickered. "And just who would do this? You?" he spat. "I think not. You haven't been seen in battle since the siege of the Black Temple. If it weren't for having shared the secrets of Illidan's transformation with this council, I would kill you just for having the audacity of summoning me."

Kanrethad's lips pursed for a moment, but he relaxed and continued. "No, the scope of this task exceeds the capabilities of any single member here. I propose this council split into pairs. Ritssyn and Zinnin would lead a group into Sulfuras. Similarly, Shinfel and Zelfrax would hunt down the remaining members of the Twilight's Hammer cult and ... persuade them to share what they learned."

A pock-faced Gnome applauded with mirthful glee. Kanrethad continued, "then we return... one year from now and take the results of our expeditions back to our own sects. More powerful than we would have been alone."

Ritssyn frowned as he saw the greed drown out in the Human's words dance across the council's faces, "And what would keep us from simply killing our partner in their sleep once it was a success?"

Kanrethad's brow furrowed and he growled, "Which is why we swear that if any member of this council breaks the contract and fails to return or returns alone, the others shall strike them down and banish their soul forever. We either succeed together or die alone."

Ritssyn knew at that moment there was no turning back. To decline was to invite his own death, and Kanrethad had seen to that already. He could defeat the human singlehandedly, but against all five? No. Not now... but after learning the secrets of the destroyer that Zinnin held...

"Fine. I can play along with your fool's errand. But first I must know, where will you and that miserable forsaken Jubeka be going?"

"Me?" spoke Kanrethad with a wicked grin, "Why I'm returning... to Outland."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you did. Many times I told you that HotS is not connected in any in-game way to WoW, yet you kept saying that those two game are in-game connected to draw your Tinker idea from it. You need to start keeping your pseudo-facts straight, it's getting too easy to counter your 'facts' with your own, other 'facts'. Remember to re-read your older posts before you try to post more pseudo-facts.
    LoL!

Saying that a game is connected isn't the same thing as saying that the game is cannon lore. You understand that right?

What? I'm not one reaching to games and series unconnected to WoW to try to argue viability of my ideas.
    Oh boy.....

HotS is connected to WoW. How? It uses Warcraft characters, their themes, and their abilities. Just like Hearthstone is connected to WoW, the WoW comic book was connected to WoW, and the WoW TCG was connected to WoW.

None of them are lore.

That's nice. Too bad Wowhead is a better authority than whatever site you pulled that from.
    WC3 try following the story

Which isn't what I said. I said that all things demon goes to Warlocks, and since Illidan is a demon, his abilities and attributes are pulled into the Warlock class by default.
    And all things tech go to engineering so the tinkers abilities are pulled into engineering by default.

- - - Updated - - -

HotS is connected to WoW. How? It uses Warcraft characters, their themes, and their abilities. Just like Hearthstone is connected to WoW, the WoW comic book was connected to WoW, and the WoW TCG was connected to WoW.

None of them are lore.

Can't wait for Blood elf Tyrande Whisperwind, Druid Illidan, Diablo, Lumber jack Uther, kerrigan to all be in wow

since hots = wow

10+ Year Old Account
    WC3 try following the story
    I have. Doesn't change the fact that Illidan is a demon at Black Temple, which is why Warlocks got metamorphosis in the first place.

And all things tech go to engineering so the tinkers abilities are pulled into engineering by default.
    Then please link me to the Tinker's abilities within Engineering.

Can't wait for Blood elf Tyrande Whisperwind, Druid Illidan, Diablo, Lumber jack Uther, kerrigan to all be in wow

since hots = wow
    Nice straw man.

oh and from HOTS the "tinker"

"Time is money, friends", a saying all goblins live by and Gazlowe is no exception, or is he?

As a youngster, Gazlowe was a thief but managed to make enough coin through his adventures to start his own legitimate business. A business which boomed into one of the world’s most successful trading ports. Gazlowe manages the trading operations on Kalimdor in the town of Ratchet.

After the events of the Third War, Gazlowe was approached by Thrall to be the Chief Engineer in the building of Orgrimmar. He was tasked with finding a reliable water source in the dry, harsh climate of Durotar. Digging tunnels outside the city in search of an underground well, Gazlowe and his team ran into a den of kobolds, who flooded the tunnels and drove the goblin miners out. Gazlowe sent, not yet champion of the Horde, Rexxar to deal with the nuisance. Rexxar succeeded, and thus the glorious city of Orgrimmar had fresh water and plumbing.

Years and profits went on without much trouble. There was the occasional 99-Year Old Port stolen by Mad Magglish and pesky pirates to the south but nothing questing adventurers couldn't handle. It wasn't until upset fire elementals laid blaze to Orgrimmar that Gazlowe was again asked by Thrall to rebuild the city. Settling on a price, which was lowered several times, the former Warchief departed for Outland.

Following the death of the beloved Cairne Bloodhoof, the treacherous Grimtotem tribe rose up to take control of the tauren city, Thunder Bluff. Cairne's son, Baine, sent a trusted ally named Stormsong to ask Gazlowe for aid in their fight to take back the city. The plan called for outrageous amounts of explosives and weaponry, as well as zeppelins to transport troops. Demands were met and Gazlowe received an enormous sum of money and, very, very rare of a goblin, he gave most of it back as a gesture of respect to Cairne and his son. Gazlowe is keen to remain neutral for profits sake, but retains strong relations with the Horde.

Tinkers would be awesome..

10+ Year Old Account
    In your opinion.
    Ok, then share your opinion with us. What of Illidan's abilities in HotS are more whymsical than the Gazzlowe hero unit?

So you're saying that there's no way blizzard art team can design a hammer tank that won't obstruct your view?
    We're saying there's no way Blizzard can design your 'mecha backpack' without severely obstructing player's view.

I'd love to see some evidence, since there's plenty examples of effects and abilities that emanate from the back of a character.
    Dozens of pictures were posted here already. You apparently failed to see each and every one of them.

[url]http://wowhead.com/npc=22917[url]
    I'm sorry, where does it say in that link that he's a demon? All I see is that he's a 'boss'. Care to show us where he's called a 'demon', please?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

I have. Doesn't change the fact that Illidan is a demon at Black Temple, which is why Warlocks got metamorphosis in the first place.

No,
    Ritssyn kicked his boots upon the table and snickered. "And just who would do this? You?" he spat. "I think not. You haven't been seen in battle since the siege of the Black Temple. If it weren't for having shared the secrets of Illidan's transformation with this council, I would kill you just for having the audacity of summoning me."
    Lore wise they stole the spell, the same with spells from fire lands, bot, DS etc.

Then please link me to the Tinker's abilities within Engineering.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=3955
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=77530
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=95416
    http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=tinker%27s+gear
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=77589
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post25971370

Nice straw man.

Do you know what a straw man is? You said HOTS was cannon to wow. I proved how it was not

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL!
    Saying that a game is connected isn't the same thing as saying that the game is cannon lore. You understand that right?
    Yes, it is. Otherwise we can say that 'Yogi the Bear' cartoons are connected to WoW because it has humans and talking bears.

Oh boy.....
    None of them are lore.
    It is not. It draws inspiration and some of their characters from WoW, just like Hearthstone draws inpiration from WoW, but they're not in-game connected. At all.

It is not. It draws inspiration and some of their characters from WoW, just like Hearthstone draws inpiration from WoW, but they're not in-game connected. At all.

^this

hell

Heroes of the Storm starts off with a light-hearted tone and never lets up. The story begins with StarCraft hero Jim Raynor getting sucked up into the "Nexus," where he's introduced to Warcraft's Uther the Lightbringer. After a few "Nexus? What is this a Protoss joint?" jokes, Uther shows Raynor the ropes of how to move in a MOBA, point-and-click style.

What I love most about the tutorial is that it's perfectly paced, and doesn't let up on the corny jokes. "Diablo, we've been over this a million times. You can't taste fear!" Slowly but surely you'll learn how to use each of your hero powers (more on that later), as well as the concept of cores, towers, and minions. Just like any standard MOBA there are three lanes, with "checkpoints" of towers and gates to clear out, with waves of minions pouring through each lane to destroy and push. The beauty of Storm's formula though is that it trims out a lot of the fat in favor of a more action-oriented experience.

after playing WC3 last night. yeah tinkers wouldnt work in WoW. maybe as NPCs but not as a class.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

In your opinion.
    You think Illidan is whimsically designed? You sure have a strange opinion when you think Gazlowe is not whimsical yet Illidan is. But your opinion is your own, no matter how bizarre it may be.