View Poll Results: Which class would you like to see as the next class in WoW?

Voters
582. This poll is closed
  • Demon Hunter

218 37.46%
  • Tinker

157 26.98%
  • Bard

92 15.81%
  • Necromancer/Acolyte/Necrolyte

71 12.20%
  • Archmage/Battlemage

52 8.93%
  • Blademaster/Gladiator

29 4.98%
  • Dragonsworn

77 13.23%
  • Ranger/Sentinel/Scout/Dark ranger

80 13.75%
  • Spellbreaker

63 10.82%
  • Spiritwalker

17 2.92%
  • Technomage

22 3.78%
  • Templar

27 4.64%
  • Titanborn

57 9.79%
  • Warden

52 8.93%
  • Witch Doctor

41 7.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    IIRC they said there would be no new class/race in WOD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    they wont ever happen. just give it up. bloody hypocrite.
    What? He's right. a mage/pala or death knight/warlock hybrid would overlap way more with current classes than a tinkerer.

A tinkerer is an archetype that's not currently in wow at all, you cannot say the same for demon hunter. The wow version uses abilities that now belong to warlocks and death knights, and the Diablo version is very similar to a hunter, just with pets being more optional (which is a hunter talent in WoD)

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    What? He's right. a mage/pala or death knight/warlock hybrid would overlap way more with current classes than a tinkerer.

A tinkerer is an archetype that's not currently in wow at all, you cannot say the same for demon hunter. The wow version uses abilities that now belong to warlocks and death knights, and the Diablo version is very similar to a hunter, just with pets being more optional (which is a hunter talent in WoD)
    Not what i mean
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    IIRC they said there would be no new class/race in WOD
    Unless WoD is the last expansion, that's not really relevant if you read the OP.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Gunslinger, Bard/Herald
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Eliminate all classes that have existing class names in their name.

Eliminate all classes that share themes with existing classes.

Then you'll be closer to your answer.

Sure Lets do that.

Witch Doctor = Shadow Priest, Warlock, and Shaman
    Warden = Rogue, Shadow Priest, and fury warrior
    Titanborn = Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Gilneans, and Forsaken. (Not really a class as much as an ancestry.)
    Templar = Warriors and Paladins (Not a Class, as much as an oath)
    Technomage = Wrong universe, B5 is at the end of the hallway past the cobwebs.
    Spiritwalker = Tauren Shaman, done.
    Spellbreaker = High Elf/Blood Elf Tankadins, and Healadins. Honestly the failure of lore in TBC, when all they had to say was Spellbreaker is just a type of paladin. Sometimes Metzen forgets his own lore.
    Ranger/Sentinel/Scout/Dark ranger = Marksman Hunter. Done.
    Dragonsworn = once again, anyone who swears an allegiance to a Dragon Flight. Not a Class. In this case any class, there are mages, warriors, rogues, and druids to name a few we see in game.
    Blademaster/Gladiator = Blademater is a fury warrior with two handed swords in each hand, Gladiator is a profession anyone who has do arenas is a Gladiator.
    Archmage/Battlemage = Have mages in game. Although I would love the Archmage title on my mage.
    Necromancer/Acolyte/Necrolyte = Not actually in game, although a few tweaks with Unholy Death Knights and we would have them.
    Bard = One classic D&D class, not represented in game. Musically inclined Caster class in leather who uses illusions and music while melee fighting. Although I love this class, it really could work in WOW, unless they changed the mechanics in game again.

You are going to hate what I say now.

Tinker = Worst fan idea yet, take everything cool about Engineering my favorite Profession, and make it into a mechwarrior class. Now I do think they need to make vehicle combat a real thing, where all mounts have 3-4 abilities for use in combat. But we do not need a Mounted Class. Which is what a tinker is.

Demon Hunter = Also not in game, no matter what you think about Warlocks and a glyph. Demon Hunters are a Light Armor wearing Dual sword carrying melee class that uses spells in combat. the actual closest class spec in game to a Demon Hunter is Enhancement Shaman. Who uses cast spells and melee. Warlocks are a caster class that can look like a demon hunter at times, but they are not a Melee class even in Tanking form with the Demon hunting glyph. Which is my Primary Spec for my Main Character in WOW, who is a 9 year old Character and a Gnome, and an Engineer.

Honestly I don't think we need another class, but if they add one, it needs to be a mail wearing class. With Tanking, no heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Sure Lets do that.

Witch Doctor = Shadow Priest, Warlock, and Shaman
    Warden = Rogue, Shadow Priest, and fury warrior
    Titanborn = Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Gilneans, and Forsaken. (Not really a class as much as an ancestry.)
    Templar = Warriors and Paladins (Not a Class, as much as an oath)
    Technomage = Wrong universe, B5 is at the end of the hallway past the cobwebs.
    Spiritwalker = Tauren Shaman, done.
    Spellbreaker = High Elf/Blood Elf Tankadins, and Healadins. Honestly the failure of lore in TBC, when all they had to say was Spellbreaker is just a type of paladin. Sometimes Metzen forgets his own lore.
    Ranger/Sentinel/Scout/Dark ranger = Marksman Hunter. Done.
    Dragonsworn = once again, anyone who swears an allegiance to a Dragon Flight. Not a Class. In this case any class, there are mages, warriors, rogues, and druids to name a few we see in game.
    Blademaster/Gladiator = Blademater is a fury warrior with two handed swords in each hand, Gladiator is a profession anyone who has do arenas is a Gladiator.
    Archmage/Battlemage = Have mages in game. Although I would love the Archmage title on my mage.
    Necromancer/Acolyte/Necrolyte = Not actually in game, although a few tweaks with Unholy Death Knights and we would have them.
    Bard = One classic D&D class, not represented in game. Musically inclined Caster class in leather who uses illusions and music while melee fighting. Although I love this class, it really could work in WOW, unless they changed the mechanics in game again.

You are going to hate what I say now.

Tinker = Worst fan idea yet, take everything cool about Engineering my favorite Profession, and make it into a mechwarrior class. Now I do think they need to make vehicle combat a real thing, where all mounts have 3-4 abilities for use in combat. But we do not need a Mounted Class. Which is what a tinker is.

Demon Hunter = Also not in game, no matter what you think about Warlocks and a glyph. Demon Hunters are a Light Armor wearing Dual sword carrying melee class that uses spells in combat. the actual closest class spec in game to a Demon Hunter is Enhancement Shaman. Who uses cast spells and melee. Warlocks are a caster class that can look like a demon hunter at times, but they are not a Melee class even in Tanking form with the Demon hunting glyph. Which is my Primary Spec for my Main Character in WOW, who is a 9 year old Character and a Gnome, and an Engineer.

Honestly I don't think we need another class, but if they add one, it needs to be a mail wearing class. With Tanking, no heals.
    Tinkers don't have to be mounted mech class. Just think of a Rambo-style fighter or a steampunk soldier. Uses guns + whimsical bombs, traps, silly things like that. The two can exist side by side, you don't have to delete Engi to make Tinker.

Heres a random fan art on Google. Start there, and let your imagine take you to what a Tinker could become.

http://www.ottens.co.uk/gatehouse/wp...o-Carneiro.jpg

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...an-d6k2jw3.png

If you don't like Steampunk, you won't like Tinker. In the same way you won't like Monk if you don't like martial arts.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2014-03-22 at 06:14 AM.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I want to see a damn Bard. They would actually offer different gameplay. I figure a Demon Hunter will just be a flashy rogue. But that's what the Monk is for. Plus, most of the Warcraft 3 Demon Hunter abilities are on other classes now.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Tinkers don't have to be mounted mech class. Just think of a Rambo-style fighter or a steampunk soldier. Uses guns + whimsical bombs, traps, silly things like that. The two can exist side by side, you don't have to delete Engi to make Tinker.

Heres a random fan art on Google. Start there, and let your imagine take you to what a Tinker could become.

If you don't like Steampunk, you won't like Tinker. In the same way you won't like Monk if you don't like martial arts.
    Those look kinda crap and not very warcraft.

Something like this is has a better steampunk feel as it focuses on the detail as texture theme that pervades the genre.

or this piece which focuses on a disregard for scale and practicality.

WoW doesn't really have the kind of focus on material quality or texture required to push a steampunk feel; it relies far more heavily on color and profile and would require something that would give you something that looked like the Torchlight 2 engineer. Nothing wrong with that, I like the style.

edit: bard is where it's at.

Tinkers don't have to be mounted mech class. Just think of a Rambo-style fighter [...] Uses guns + whimsical bombs, traps, silly things like that. The two can exist side by side, you don't have to delete Engi to make Tinker.
    You kinda just described the Hunter class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah... Let's not ruin Demon Hunters that way. Diablows III=/=WCIII

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    My vote goes to nothing listed in pool.

I really think that wow could use a magical girl class (available for both genders for gameplay reasons). It would really fit the theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.

Everything that the 5 of you Tinker fanatics say is already in game, it's a Survival Hunter with Engineering. The only unique thing ever said is when mechs are mentioned. And once again WOW is not a Mech warrior MMO.

No new classes. No new races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why have you got to have battlemage AND demon hunter. I CAN'T PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Technomage.
    Because fucking TECHNO MAGES.

Everything that the 5 of you Tinker fanatics say is already in game, it's a Survival Hunter with Engineering. The only unique thing ever said is when mechs are mentioned. And once again WOW is not a Mech warrior MMO.
    What makes you think I'm a tinker fanatic? I'm just an anti-Demon Hunter.

We totally need something that can take on shapes of different animals!! I'm totally not talking about a druid!
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

10+ Year Old Account

That's not in the game, yet its a possible descendant of the Tinker mech-backpack.