Thread: Bug on Garrosh?

Bug on Garrosh?

Hello fellow Warlocks,

Recently, I've been consistently getting to Garrosh's second phase in the 10m normal encounter. The MC's aren't that much of an issue, for my fellow raid members. For me, however, they are. When I'm specced into Grimoire of Supremacy and I get "touched", my pet almost instantly dies. I can't use Flames of Xoroth to revive my pet either.

Is this a bug, or are my fellow raidmembers just cleaving my pet down whilst I am mindcontrolled?

Also - due to this issue I have decided to use Grimoire of Sacrifice instead of Supremacy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always ran with GrimSac so I'm not sure about the pet getting killed, but FoX requires an ember to use, which you might not have at that time. I would stick with GrimSac and sac the VW for max hp boost, unless you'll be required to interrupt an MC'd player. Keep in mind that it works on the normal MC's, but not the empowered MC's. Also, on the first phase, grimsac with FnB the adds just melt away.

Don't know about warlocks much, but your pet shouldn't be affected by you getting MC'ed, so they can't be cleaving your pet down. At least I know it doesn't seem to affect hunter pets, or my primal elementals. Sounds like a bug to me honestly.

My hunter pet usually survives even if I'm MCed, but it's clearly getting nuked by my allies. The pet AoE damage reduction usually keeps it alive long enough that I break out of the MC in time. If your group is doing their AoE in such a way that pets don't get their reduction, maybe you need to speak to them about that. I have not had any trouble ressing my pet on those rare occasions when it does die.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgosh View Post
    My hunter pet usually survives even if I'm MCed, but it's clearly getting nuked by my allies. The pet AoE damage reduction usually keeps it alive long enough that I break out of the MC in time. If your group is doing their AoE in such a way that pets don't get their reduction, maybe you need to speak to them about that. I have not had any trouble ressing my pet on those rare occasions when it does die.
    You sure it affects your pet? I thought the general rule of thumb is that pets can't be MC'ed, or at least are unaffected by MC's, like if in Tempest Keep, you'll get mind controlled if you have a pet with aggro, but you'll just end up killing your own pet, and in Sunwell, same thing with the undead dragon boss, and I've never seen the hunter's pet frame show up red in my raid.

Go with GoSac and felpup so that you have an intrupt for those empowered MCs (as long as you arent targeted that is)

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soul Link?

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Soul Link?
    That would be my guess too. Maybe even go a little bit further, that your health is increased by MC, but not your pet.

In hc it's approx. 2 mio damage needed without empower. So the pet gets 400k damage. (simplified numbers without any guaranty to be correct)
    Since I do not play with a pet (Destro is fun for killing engineers ...), I cannot confirm it.

Quote Originally Posted by Perne View Post
    I would stick with GrimSac and sac the VW for max hp boost, unless you'll be required to interrupt an MC'd player. Keep in mind that it works on the normal MC's, but not the empowered MC's. Also, on the first phase, grimsac with FnB the adds just melt away.
    It works on both.

Deleted
    You sure your pet actually dies?

Whenever ive played afflic or demo the pet doesn't die, I just lose the action bar and it goes on passive. You can send it in to attack if you have it keybound, but I always just summoned a new one.

Also @Perme the felhunter Spell Lock no longer silences the empowered MC, but still works as an interrupt.

I never noticed my pet dying. I do however notice that every time I get the MC, i also lose my ability to use command demon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palefire View Post
    Hello fellow Warlocks,

Recently, I've been consistently getting to Garrosh's second phase in the 10m normal encounter. The MC's aren't that much of an issue, for my fellow raid members. For me, however, they are. When I'm specced into Grimoire of Supremacy and I get "touched", my pet almost instantly dies. I can't use Flames of Xoroth to revive my pet either.

Is this a bug, or are my fellow raidmembers just cleaving my pet down whilst I am mindcontrolled?

Also - due to this issue I have decided to use Grimoire of Sacrifice instead of Supremacy.
    I can't see why you'd go sup over sac on this fight anyways. It's nearly ALL single target (with a small amount of cleave on weapons for embers).

Plus your sac interrupt has no travel time unliek your observers,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Perne View Post
    I've always ran with GrimSac so I'm not sure about the pet getting killed, but FoX requires an ember to use, which you might not have at that time. I would stick with GrimSac and sac the VW for max hp boost, unless you'll be required to interrupt an MC'd player. Keep in mind that it works on the normal MC's, but not the empowered MC's. Also, on the first phase, grimsac with FnB the adds just melt away.
    Did you just say that spell lock (your spell from saccing felhound) doesn't work on empowered MCs? Because that's not true

Also your spells do not benefit from GoSac when using F+B

Concerning your bug (since I had encountered it A LOT) your pet doesn't die.you will notice that your pet bar is still up.Pet connected abilities are bugging like HELL though (command demon and soul link).Even if you summon it again manually (trust me I tried that too) you dont get control over your demon's interrupt or special ability by no other way than making a custom macro to cast that specific ability.and also there is no way anymore to get soullink back up again without resetting the fight.This thing didn't exist as far as I know but I have seen it happening on every single try I went with supremacy.Just roll with gosac and you're good to go.(sacrificing felhunter for mc interrupts is also nice but the VW for the hp buff on the transitions is beast).Hope I helped.

Deleted
    Weird, re-summoning my Demon gave me back Soul Link and Command Demon.