Quote Originally Posted by Martin Thunder View Post
    Sure, it didn't explicitly mention Warlords of Draenor beta, but the employee obviously understands this. Well, what forum is the correct place for that topic then? Is this some tease that the beta forums will soon be opened?
    Well, even if the beta forums were open, that wouldn't be the place for someone to ask for a beta key either. :P

And I think "Did somene say beta? " is probably more like, "We're excited for beta to start too!"

I want an update from Boub :/

Deleted
    Oh yeah, i would like to quote myself -again- when I was writing that beta would NOT hit feb or march and yall fanboys just start flame and argue with such senseless things like "but boub [or whoever] said that..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damos1212 View Post
    I want an update from Boub :/
    Seconded.

Come on Bibi. Come out, come out, wherever you are.

Quick. Someone make a lasagna.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    i hope it doesn't take much longer to get WoD ready. we raided last night and for some reason moral is just sheit. wiping on farm bosses and not a very good atmosphere in ventrillo either. I think that the fact SoO is taking so long is getting to us. not a lot of people online on non raid days either.
    No way man... there's so much stuff to do on WoW other than raiding and content...

Think about... hmmm... STORYLINE!

Quote Originally Posted by sauzer View Post
    No way man... there's so much stuff to do on WoW other than raiding and content...

Think about... hmmm... STORYLINE!
    I believe the majority of the WoW playerbase are non-raiders (normal+).
    Last edited by jmarsiglio; 2014-03-24 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amani View Post
    Oh yeah, i would like to quote myself -again- when I was writing that beta would NOT hit feb or march and yall fanboys just start flame and argue with such senseless things like "but boub [or whoever] said that..."
    Your source was/is probably a lot better, not. Also it is still March, you're a bit early.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jmarsiglio View Post
    I believe the majority of the WoW playerbase are non-raiders (normal+).
    Well, it depends on what you mean with "raiders". If you mean hc, then for sure people doing hc are a small %. If you consider also lfr, flex, normal, though, I woulld say that most do raid. And content gets old even in lfr/flex, not just normal/hc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rygarius should tweet something tasty to celebrate we hit 15 THOUSAND posts in this topic. Not a date or anything, but something at least, like "Blog post later this week on Garrisons". Anything to get some fresh discussion fodder.

Deleted
    C'mon Rygarius, we know that you're watching us from above!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Rygarius should tweet something tasty to celebrate we hit 15 THOUSAND posts in this topic. Not a date or anything, but something at least, like "Blog post later this week on Garrisons". Anything to get some fresh discussion fodder.
    Is there a maximum post amount a thread can have? If so, he could perhaps post something once that limit is reached.

Hmm, only a week left to see if Boubouille was right about beta in March. The Elder Scrolls Online launches next week, and next Tuesday is April Fools', so we ought to get at least a few interesting tweets from various developers this week.

While the thread is essentially spam, even though it concerns an utmost relevant topic, I find Blizzard's response quite strange:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Employee
    Did someone say beta? These forums are for discussion about World of Warcraft though, so we’re locking this thread as it’s not the correct place for this topic.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2594?page=2#26

Sure, it didn't explicitly mention Warlords of Draenor beta, but the employee obviously understands this. Well, what forum is the correct place for that topic then? Is this some tease that the beta forums will soon be opened?
    The joke is that there is no correct place. The thread itself was pointless though, bordering on spam, so why keep it open? I don't think there's any suggestion in that blue response.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zx135 View Post
    C'mon Rygarius, we know that you're watching us from above!
    He's quickly closing in on 8,000 followers too. I like to think that some of those are due to Hype Thread bump (a la Colbert).

We'll see, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are going to remain quiet till PAX (a fan event unlike GDC). Also wouldn't surprise me if they remain quiet till ESO to release more info on Garrisons and such (though personally I'd consider this unlikely as even fewer, by far, care about info blogs, no matter how detailed, than beta.)
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-03-24 at 05:14 PM.

Is there a maximum post amount a thread can have? If so, he could perhaps post something once that limit is reached.
    I don't think there is a maximum. The Request a Signature thread is over 51k posts.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Yeah something like "man, can't wait to release our next huge info dump that I am finishing up today..." to really build the hype.

And then a month later we still won't have heard anything about it and they conveniently won't be responding to any tweets / forum posts about it. Good idea, that's just what we need, more Blizzard teasing to screw with their fans.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    I don't think there is a maximum. The Request a Signature thread is over 51k posts.
    There is a max of 2-3k pages. Check the brony thread.

There's a thread with 80k+ replies, if there's a maximum, it would be at least 100k I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    There is a max of 2-3k pages. Check the brony thread.
    Thats the mods declaring that a thread got too big, not a limitation of the forums themselves. The first brony thread reached 11802 pages/236039 posts before it was closed. The rest have been locked at around 3-4k pages, but again always by mods. So while some mod or another may decide this thread has run its course and lock it, we are nowhere close to being locked due to size and I still think there is not a limitation to how big a thread can get if no mod intervenes.

Just to make this post slightly more on topic, who thinks we crack 1k pages once beta is announced? Crazy amount of posts as people find things!
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Just to make this post slightly more on topic, who thinks we crack 1k pages once beta is announced? Crazy amount of posts as people find things!
    We got this far without the beta being released, at this rate it's not impossible we'd hit 1000 pages if the devs started talking again. We have anywhere from one week to three months before the beta comes out, anyway.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."