Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Shame, looks like Strong Belwas' role is being given over to someone else, more than likely Daario.
    Yeah I cant tell for sure, but that looks like the new Daario.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Too many people are using that one...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Thank god I've read all the books so I'm spoiler proof.

Looking forward to the Red Viper vs The Mountain fight
    Same, looked good in the Season 4 intro video.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been with the show for a while and started reading the books. The first book was literally identical to the first season. I have all the books and was wondering on which book i should be reading if i am up to date with the TV series. This is about the only book that does not give me a major headache but i also don't want to read the same stuff i see on TV. Which book should i be on if i am up to date with the TV series? I recently finished the first book and was wondering if i should continue the second book (about 30 pages into it).

15+ Year Old Account
    Season 2 was mostly book 2, season 3 was the first half of book 3 (and some parts of book 5). The upcoming season is the second half of book 3 (and some parts of book 5).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    Season 2 was mostly book 2, season 3 was the first half of book 3 (and some parts of book 5). The upcoming season is the second half of book 3 (and some parts of book 5).
    So it'd be fine to skip book 2? I don't want to miss stuff of importance that is in the books and not in the show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo5566 View Post
    Been with the show for a while and started reading the books. The first book was literally identical to the first season. I have all the books and was wondering on which book i should be reading if i am up to date with the TV series. This is about the only book that does not give me a major headache but i also don't want to read the same stuff i see on TV. Which book should i be on if i am up to date with the TV series? I recently finished the first book and was wondering if i should continue the second book (about 30 pages into it).
    The second season took several pretty big departures from the second book. Theon, Robb, Dany, Jon, and a few others ended up going in pretty different places to their book counterparts. Same with the third, albeit to a lesser extent.

It's hard to say. I've found S2-3 basically gave characters different ways to reach the same places, while cutting out some material and bringing forward other stuff.

I'd just read the books anyway. They're pretty good, and it's amusing to have a vague idea of where the season will go but not knowing how it'll differ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    The second season took several pretty big departures from the second book. Theon, Robb, Dany, Jon, and a few others ended up going in pretty different places to their book counterparts. Same with the third, albeit to a lesser extent.

It's hard to say. I've found S2-3 basically gave characters different ways to reach the same places, while cutting out some material and bringing forward other stuff.

I'd just read the books anyway. They're pretty good, and it's amusing to have a vague idea of where the season will go but not knowing how it'll differ.
    hmmm, okay then. I'm considering on just continuing on book 2 but i don't want it to be like book 1 and be nearly identical. I could literally picture the entire TV series in my head as i read the first book. However, i just don't want to read what i've already seen on TV. I would rather it be different than what i have seen on TV. The first book was actually the first big book i've read. it was over 800 pages and was a huge milestone for me. I'm not a huge reader but things like the Walking Dead comic series is also really interesting and i really enjoy the game of thrones series.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo5566 View Post
    So it'd be fine to skip book 2? I don't want to miss stuff of importance that is in the books and not in the show.

Don't skip any books. Books > show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Got it! Book 2 it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Definitely not. I, too saw the first two seasons before I read the books and I read all five of them thereafter. The first season was indeed very faithful to the book (and IMO the best season so far). There are substantial amounts of changes in book two throughout the entire thing, however. Third book is the best one, IMO, and even if you don't get to it before the show it's worth the read afterwards...but damn the second half of that book is packed with awesome shit. This should be a way more epic season than the last one.

I guess im the only one who watches this show and doesnt want to be spoiled from the books now

MMO-C tends to be a little late on shows, in terms of watching them. I don't think many people watch them live.

But if you want to discuss tonight, let's do it. I loved the intro, loved Sansa and Tyrion, and then Arya and the Hound were badasses all around.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    MMO-C tends to be a little late on shows, in terms of watching them. I don't think many people watch them live.

But if you want to discuss tonight, let's do it. I loved the intro, loved Sansa and Tyrion, and then Arya and the Hound were badasses all around.
    I meant it more cause the spoiler thread was blowing up and this one didnt have a comment in weeks

Anyways. Im not sure whats the motive of the new prince. I mean, hes making it clear he doesnt like Lannisters but why? He cant take them out when hes essentially by himself, I dont see the point of trying to threaten your hosts while being on their turf.

Hound was awesome as always, quickly becoming my favorite character on the show, although I wonder what happens when he invetibaly splits with arya. Where will he go?

And who the hell is that bearded guy talking to daenerys? He wasnt in the last season yet he has some importance now, why? Seems dumb to not even introduce a character thats now giving her advice out of nowhere
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2014-04-07 at 06:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Syrio comes back, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Welp, this is not the Daario Naharis I remember. That was a more drastic difference than I was expecting

Do you mean Daario? If so, he was in the last season. Except he was a different actor, and was clean shaven.
    Yeah noticed that they had a different actor, I hate when they do that. You get used to a certain face on a certain character and they get a completely different looking actor to fill the roll. What happen to the original actor, anyone know?

Anyways. Im not sure whats the motive of the new prince. I mean, hes making it clear he doesnt like Lannisters but why? He cant take them out when hes essentially by himself, I dont see the point of trying to threaten your hosts while being on their turf.
    He explains why to Tyrion at quite a length. His sister was Elia Martell and was married to Rhaegar Targaryen. She and her two children were killed at Tywin's orders after the Rebellion essentially had won. He blames the Lannisters for his sister and two nephews deaths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I won't use the books to answer your question so as not to spoil you. Just what we saw tonight.

He believes that the Mountain raped and murdered his sister (Princess Elia. Wife of Rhaegar Targaryan) and murdered her 2 children. He also believes that if the Mountain did, that Tywin gave the order. He wants justice (or revenge. Same? does it matter?)

But you don't go off without proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    Yeah noticed that they had a different actor, I hate when they do that. You get used to a certain face on a certain character and they get a completely different looking actor to fill the roll. What happen to the original actor, anyone know?
    Yeah, took me a couple of minutes to figure out who he was. He was the same guy who dropped the heads of his companions next to her bathtub. just a different actor

Must suck for that original actor...to be dumped from an amazing TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    He explains why to Tyrion at quite a length. His sister was Elia Martell and was married to Rhaegar Targaryen. She and her two children were killed at Tywin's orders after the Rebellion essentially had won. He blames the Lannisters for his sister and two nephews deaths.
    Sorry I didnt mean, why doesnt he like the Lannisters. I meant why is he telling the Lannisters he doesnt like the Lannisters. What is the purpose of going there and then goin to their face saying ya I hate you guys Im gonna get my vengeance. Would be smarter to say nothing then go after them I would think (if his true purpose is to try and take them out that is).

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Sorry I didnt mean, why doesnt he like the Lannisters. I meant why is he telling the Lannisters he doesnt like the Lannisters. What is the purpose of going there and then goin to their face saying ya I hate you guys Im gonna get my vengeance. Would be smarter to say nothing then go after them I would think (if his true purpose is to try and take them out that is).
    Those guys were just guards/soldiers and he's a Prince, so he can do pretty much whatever he wants with them.