Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Exaaactly.

If you study the action priority, it will mindlessly aim to use up your ToTH stacks on Arcane Shot, resulting in lack of focus required to use Black Arrow and stuff on cooldown. It's also terrible at using Crows.

That's why DB/Fervor wins in sims.
    Pretty much this, which is the problem. @OP As I said in my post above, you want to scrape the bottom of the focus barrel as much as you can as SV, without ever delaying explosive shot, or hurting your BA uptime. The only time as SV you want to be building a very substantial amount of focus up, is when your AMoC is coming off CD, or when a part of the fight involving AoE is approaching.

Quote Originally Posted by alkurimm View Post
    Now it makes a bit more sense. I wasn't suggesting that I sit there spamming 3 cobras each cycle, I don't... But I have had to a few times and wasn't sure what people meant when there was no such thing as a plateau. What I have been reading i guess is that the amount of focus you're getting through other things you will hardly ever have to cast enough cobras or shots to ever delay an explosive.

2 piece with AOC = 1 minute rapid fire CD... Me likey

- - - Updated - - -

What's sort of your rough priority?
    I don't play Surv, I think it's an inferior spec in almost every way. >.< /thread

The prio is generally fine (could be tweaked for much more SimDPS tho), it's the mindless Arcane spam with ToTH that fucks it over. And naturally a real person with a real brain won't do that, so yeah.

Haste breakpoints do exist, they're just so insignificant. (Except the extra Stampede hit for BM)
    How much haste rating do you need for that extra stampede hit ? I know its around 15k but an exact number would be awesome

I don't play Surv, I think it's an inferior spec in almost every way. >.< /thread

The prio is generally fine (could be tweaked for much more SimDPS tho), it's the mindless Arcane spam with ToTH that fucks it over. And naturally a real person with a real brain won't do that, so yeah.
    But I want to be focus depleted indefinitely :/

Quote Originally Posted by royen View Post
    How much haste rating do you need for that extra stampede hit ? I know its around 15k but an exact number would be awesome
    I don't have an exact number.

It's about 14.75k - I am at the cap with 14746 haste but anything below that I can not guarantee. I don't like to tell people "14.7k" because 14700 might not hit the cap. I usually go with 14.8k when people ask. I might sit down for an hour or two and find the exact-exact number for you guys.

Thank you, much appreciated!

I don't have an exact number.

It's about 14.75k - I am at the cap with 14746 haste but anything below that I can not guarantee. I don't like to tell people "14.7k" because 14700 might not hit the cap. I usually go with 14.8k when people ask. I might sit down for an hour or two and find the exact-exact number for you guys.
    Thanks, and sorry for the initial belligerence.

Thanks, and sorry for the initial belligerence.
    Np and sorry for seeming rude in my first post.

Np and sorry for seeming rude in my first post.
    Something that I initially overlooked about ToTH is that it buffs the fuck out of your AOE too. I'm at the dummies right now just getting it into my muscle memory.

Deleted
    Something that I initially overlooked about ToTH is that it buffs the fuck out of your AOE too. I'm at the dummies right now just getting it into my muscle memory.
    This is also a big part of why ToTH is better. Single target, with proper play, it surpasses fervor, but in AoE it's just ridiculously powerful compared to the other talents, and almost every SoO encounter contains some form of AoE. You can also fish for procs too, when you know an AoE phase is coming up. Spam the fuck out of arcane shot until you get 3 stacks of ToTH again, then cobra shot until you have high focus. You will effectively be able to spam 7+ multi shots in a row without the need to cobra shot.

Yeah it's the go-to AoE ability and 12/14 fights in SoO have AoE elements.

You can put this little number on your Arcane Shot button/elsewhere to see how many stacks you got left (WeakAura ofc)

Code:
    dmZSbaGEqPDjsTnrYCbfZwk3wPStjAVKDRW(HYpbv9xiYVv0GPsdhcDqqLJPY5KuhgQwSsKLl0WuQEkQLHONJW4OctfPjlHPt5Iakxfq1ZeLRljBes9nq2SGTdbNMQ(SOAAI47krnsL0jvcJgOXtfDjaPBbW1KQZdjReq8yiQlRQ1jQyCrftbJ(wdZDgWCnWhZDTAyIxmSpgWr(HzbYZbbmWTKV5nuiTwnSpIefm6BTzWa)1QHjtmHyY07P7I3exiUquXH5WypSVkVAXfEceB4OOVttmqjWaIyl6ZZ)OOIh4BpHOQ8etbJ(wdZDgWCnWhZDTAyYKjo(5(5GIcXxS9onXHi(2Zwe3Wvzx8Y(cduOHYohzPGU7ipORtQaGKAXH5WedSgcaFbMl65WepQ2OrFE(hju5j2xigoyNr6KUkg895GMq3ZsCSFoURV3Vo5UcasGe7e(qG4nvcibkDDDD)oOZbuxCBIxiQ44S9IkERQzErLjtMyuWhceVj0asvNDzKjDssiYEgukfaK0LjgbvEj3Umja

Or this one for a more obvious icon:
    Code:
    diJRbaGEOITjWCHsnBHUTuANuv7fTBs2pv8tOs)Lq(nPgmvA4qroiuvhtrNdQYcvOSuOGfdf1Yf5PGhtvEUOUSstvvtMOMoLlsGUkb8mjPRtKnkHoSKAZs12HsgMcMMk9zb9DOqJukonKrRIXRq1jjOBjbxJqDEjX3uiltImojQ5KpHA(e(tcfJoU6UJRDwh3gjLrqOY2uV2BXwONwLXgFmJIiRIOgjLTjr)jHIrD3oBJKYOritiv9sOLGmbz(e6ALbiCw6pdimoU9EEnwmyyK4zqjXLggnfxk4YEH7icrDTmFcs5vKxSoN5yes64YNqRu0q8PrJGxSoN5tiJuHXLqJa(VGyGgncvWT3ZRXIfULXBiyI3S6WDwDqCa7fUbeqYeWhhD61FJqpTIGLqHHBIpbpPSPBfDqYlbd1UYeu1TBMp9Ne(tcfJoU6UJRDwh3gjLrJgbmIKTd9VLj01kJGGrSeqOJBrTYiOKA)ekmCtz6pjCwu4XO)TmH0gI0QVcMwcipTIgbSO)8ohOrc

simple answer is that there are too many procs that interfere with any solid "rotation" that we had in cata.

So I'm having a hard time finding any sort of solid theorycrafting?

Any site that I have used for the last 6 years is pretty much dead or very vague. The elitistjerks forum is almost pathetic now at how scarce the information is on there. What do?

So I'm having a hard time finding any sort of solid theorycrafting?

Any site that I have used for the last 6 years is pretty much dead or very vague. The elitistjerks forum is almost pathetic now at how scarce the information is on there. What do?
    Stay around here, ask questions, explore, etc, all the decent hunter talk has transferred to MMO-Champion mostly.

We can be very math-y here, if you just look at some of the detours some of our threads take.

Deleted
    MMO or bust

Deleted
    Kindda true actually. Official forums are more about raging against Blizzard's decisions and "QQ" than anything else nowadays.

To get back to the subject, I wish Cobra's cast-time was removed in Warlords (whether as a 90 + passive ability or just at any time, since it's a level 83 spell).
    This thing is so meaningless right now; plus it'd make the SV spec far less tedious to gear ('cause no "haste stacking" would be required), which would lead to further possibilities when it comes to DPS strategies.

Deleted
    That's why DB/Fervor wins in sims.
    Fervor is actually very strong. It's a huge increase in damage for your pet, and a very minor dps increase overall. TotH has too many QOL benefits to give up usually though, with AS being so expensive, and Multi playing a part in most encounters.

- - - Updated - - -

My question is why do haste plat
    Haste breakpoints used to be a thing when L&L proc-rate was much lower, and regen was much lower. The idea would be to have a perfect CS/AS count that was snug within the 6s ES window. Nowadays we have L&L all over the place, and bleed focus, so that isn't really an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    Fervor is actually very strong. It's a huge increase in damage for your pet, and a very minor dps increase overall. TotH has too many QOL benefits to give up usually though, with AS being so expensive, and Multi playing a part in most encounters.
    Yes, I wasn't saying anything but. The point was that SimCraft is much, much better at playing Fervor than ToTH (reasons should be obvious).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Haste breakpoints used to be a thing when L&L proc-rate was much lower, and regen was much lower. The idea would be to have a perfect CS/AS count that was snug within the 6s ES window. Nowadays we have L&L all over the place, and bleed focus, so that isn't really an issue.
    With correct play you will get more out of ToTH in pretty much all scenarios though.