Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    So we can thank blizzard for the 15 months of SoO on the character models? The stuff that gets hidden under armor anyway? Awesome.
    I really hate to be that guy, but where's the source on this?

If this is indeed true then I'm glad I unsubbed a few months ago. There wasn't much for me to do besides level some more pets, get some alts to 90 I'll never touch again/care about. Selling/clearing out banks and making some cash. WoD I'm extremely hesitant at the point of either buying it or waiting till it goes on sale. Right now I think I'm going to get it at launch and give it a shot and see if things are much bigger than they've been saying.

Whelp until they give a hard date on release and stuff I know they are out $15 a month from me and a few others so it doesn't hurt us as much as it hurts them in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by 3R1N View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would be mad about new models for a game you love... It's getting better, have patience!
    Because myself and I'm sure many others could care less about new models. I think it's a dumb idea to devote so much time and resources to it, but that's me. I know some do want it and that's their opinion which I'm fine with. Models in the end do absolutely nothing for the game other than for you to stare at on the character screen or sitting in a city zoomed in because I know I for sure am not going to notice any difference when I have my zoom out running by things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    New character models have been begged for by some of the community at large for years. Blizzard are giving the community something that has been asked for - loudly - for a very long time.
    FTFY. Not all of us care and this is one of the problems in listening to forum feedback. I wonder how many people really care that much. I'm not speculating on the percentage but I'd love to know if this is something that 5% really care about, 15% or 50%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    the fact is character models are the least important thing in the game
    That's your opinion, not a fact. Learn the difference.

My opinion? Character models are a big deal to me and the fact that we're getting updated ones is a huge selling point for me. The least important thing in the game? Pet battles. I could care less about that, they could remove it from the game for all I care, but I understand others care quite a bit about them.

C what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    People have been asking, nay craving, new models ever since TBC where the Blood Elves and Draenei already out-shined the older races.

Also, it's an RPG, this stuff matters.

Oh and no, that's not the sole reason. We don't know all the reasons, and if you honestly think that SoO will last for 15 months and that WoD won't release until the 20th of december, you are beyond silly.
    I honestly don't know what's more silly: the fact that he thinks character models are the sole reason for the delay, or the game is going to be released in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozles View Post
    I honestly don't know what's more silly: the fact that he thinks character models are the sole reason for the delay, or the game is going to be released in December.
    Character models are the delay that they can do something about. The mechanics team on the other hand is still in complete disarray.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone complaining about new character models can keep wasting your time by crying because we are getting them whether you like it or not so unsub or deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Character models are the delay that they can do something about. The mechanics team on the other hand is still in complete disarray.
    I disagree with this, but I don't want it to become a thing.

Agree to disagree here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    I must have missed the announcement where they confirmed this, could you provide the source, because you're so confident that you must know something I don't.
    Why would they confirm a delay? All I'm saying is that previous blue comments where hinting at WoD being released rather earlier than we were expecting, and then the release date was announced to be sometime in autumn. Unless autumn is their idea of "sooner than we think" something has happened to delay the release. I'm guessing that it's character models.

What delay really?

No, how many times does it have to be repeated NO, NO, NO.
    It was even stated on the recent twitter summary that there are single people on the various models.
    ONE person per model, how could they have any less impact on the rest of the development than that ?

Stupid people looking for just another conspiracy theory, another reason to whine.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    No, how many times does it have to be repeated NO, NO, NO.
    It was even stated on the recent twitter summary that there are single people on the various models.
    ONE person per model, how could they have any less impact on the rest of the development than that ?

Stupid people looking for just another conspiracy theory, another reason to whine.
    All the more reason to believe that the art team weren't going to get the models ready for a summer release and so it was moved forwards. I know they've said previously that they wouldn't allow models to delay the release but given the huge focus the community has given the models, including complaints about the lack of unique faces and complaints about WoD not having enough features (neither of which I really get behind) I reckon they've decided to go the whole hog and get everything finished by release.

And I'm not whining by the way. I mean I would have preferred a Spring/Summer release, but I'm happy to wait and hopefully the delay will give the other departments more time to work on extra content as well, while they're waiting around for the art team.

The projected release is a worst case scenario buying them as much time as they think a freak accident in the universe could be needed, not meant to be a guess at when the game is coming out. Where is the dev quote saying they feel like more time is suddenly going to be needed, where is the dev quote saying any change at all has taken place in development?

Is all of this based on nothing more than the pre order date listed for a projected release? Of course they would be as conservative as humanely possible there, it's what they always do. Is there something else?
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    And I think he was talking out of his ass regardless.
    Fair enough, but those predicting December are (at worst) not going to be any more than a couple of months out, and it's certainly winter.

That hardly qualifies as "ass-talking", IMHO.

I think it's just soaking up some good preorder cash.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ONLY reason I am coming back to WOD is because of the new models. I am sure I am not the only one. They are more important to the game then most people can grasp.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Its animations too mate... LOL
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    No they arent the reason.

The reason is: "if they pay no matter what, why deliver new content?"
    Your argument is flawed. "They" don't pay no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    All the more reason to believe that the art team weren't going to get the models ready for a summer release and so it was moved forwards. I know they've said previously that they wouldn't allow models to delay the release but given the huge focus the community has given the models, including complaints about the lack of unique faces and complaints about WoD not having enough features (neither of which I really get behind) I reckon they've decided to go the whole hog and get everything finished by release.

And I'm not whining by the way. I mean I would have preferred a Spring/Summer release, but I'm happy to wait and hopefully the delay will give the other departments more time to work on extra content as well, while they're waiting around for the art team.
    It has been stated that not all the models may be done in time, therefore the game can be released without them.
    They are not slowing anything down, it is not needing them to be done, they are just a popular request.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    The ONLY reason I am coming back to WOD is because of the new models. I am sure I am not the only one. They are more important to the game then most people can grasp.
    They are important to YOU, not the game.
    There is a significant difference there.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickop View Post
    Everyone complaining about new character models can keep wasting your time by crying because we are getting them whether you like it or not so unsub or deal with it.
    Unsubbed when they said it was going to be a fall release. The information on the game flows freely, except models, and we get like 1 a month, what do you think the hold up is then?

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Unsubbed when they said it was going to be a fall release. The information on the game flows freely, except models, and we get like 1 a month, what do you think the hold up is then?
    Content?

They're building a new world from scratch. That takes time. I'd prefer them to get it right instead of rush the content out and have it be poor quality and unpolished. The hold up here isn't character models, and to suggest it is boggles my mind.